This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Best Places to Eat?

I've officially requested my time off from work and I will be enjoying a wonderful Disneyland vacation on November 15 Typically I'm the one who plans these trips, from the hotels to the entertainment to the food. I've gotten pretty good at this over the last few years, but this time I'm looking to branch off and try different places. We always stick to the Blue Bayou, Pacific Wharf, and Carnation Cafe - those are our staples - and then we'll kind of fill in the other meals as we go. We've never tried Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue and I'm pretty curious about it, is it decent? What are some other restaurants that you guys would highly recommend? We like to stick to more formal dining rather than fast casual, but places like those aren't entirely ruled out.

Re: Best Places to Eat?

I think Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue is pretty darn good. Actually- I am going in October and made reservations for it just to be safe. I came across it a few years ago on a trip and thought to myself, "Why haven't I known about this before?" It's laid back- I liked the food. I think it's a pretty good deal, really. (And I was thinking all of this while it was pouring rain and freezing, so maybe I will like it even more when I'm dry!)

Comment

If you get a chance, I love Steakhouse 55. They have good chops of beef and a walk in wine celler. Ask for a tasting of flights.

Comment

Napa Rose for sure. Did you think about Carthay? For quick service, my new favorite is Jolly Holiday.

Comment

Another vote for Big Thunder Ranch BBQ, it's pretty darn good! Make sure you're hungry!

Comment

Plaza Inn is good! I love their fried chicken!
            Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante is good as well.
            River Belle Terrace is a place I really love to eat at as well.
            If you're going to do a character breakfast or dinner Goofy's Kitchen is a great place to go to.
            Village Haus is good too.

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
            "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
            "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

Comment

I like Taste Pilots Grill. They have a ribs combo for a decent price.

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
              Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
              Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
              Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

Comment

Blue Bayou if you wanna pay for ambience! We always go there.

Comment

I like the Big Thunder Barbeque, although it is expensive.

I also like Storyteller's Cafe at the Grand Californian.

The Carthay Restaurant is uber-nice. 4 star dining and 4 star pricing.
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

I second the motion for Storytellers. Their Nebraska corn chowder is to die for!

Comment

Love Big Thunder! Lots of food for a decent price, and a show as well. Haven't been to Carthay yet, but have plans for the next trip. Wine Country Trattoria is good for lunch, and my favorite guilty pleasure (again, lunch) is the Plaza Inn. Fried chicken of course!

Comment

Big Thunder BBQ(love BBQ), Cafe Orleans(Monte Cristo), Plaza Inn(fried chicken), River Bell Terrace(good for breakfast, they have Mickey Mouse pancakes), and for fast food, my choice is the corn dog cart.
                        ​Pinkamena Diane Pie, is that you?

Comment

Cafe Orleans is honestly my favorite place to eat. I love the french onion soup and I have never been able to find any that tasted better somewhere else.

Blue Bayou and Pacific Wharf are also favorites of mine. The sourdough bread bowls at PW are to die for.
                          Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

I've eaten at Flo's V8 Cafe in Carsland 7 or 8 times now - the food is wonderful, and pretty reasonably priced. It's quick service, where you order your food from the cashier and pick it up at the service counter.

Comment

Plaza Inn is the best for breakfast!
                              The Hungry Bear is really good for quick service.
                              I had an amazing pasta at Ariel's Grotto (I forgot what it was called) and a great Filet Mignon at the Blue Bayou (which is becoming rare for this place?).

Comment

Carthay Circle Theater, Flo's V8, Carnation Cafe, and Cafe Orleans. I always eat at one or the other.

Total Tender Rides: 20
                                Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
                                Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
                                Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

Comment

While the sit down service palces are great, don't overlook some of the lesser spots that have great food, we always make one stop to the hungry Bear for the fried green tomato sandwich with sweet potato fries. The Pizza in the Pizza and pasta place in DCA is good.
                                  And of course you need to try Flo's for the 50s style food.
                                  The problem is there are now many good places to eat.
                                  One of our top favorite places though is Naples in DTD.
                                  Good luck.

Comment

Paradise Garden Grill in DCA (Greek Salad, grilled meat skewers with sauces), Bengal BBQ in DL (bacon wrapped asparagus skewers), Napa Rose lounge, Harbor Galley in DL for baked potatoes that used to be at Troubadour Tavern, slab o'chocolate cake at the Golden Horseshoe in DL, ice cream sundae at Ghirardelli's in DCA, and the roast beef sanwich at FFP in DCA . In DtD, the Jazz Kitchen, La Brea Bakery, Catal, Uva Bar. And don't forget Trader Sam's and Tangaroa Terrace at the DLH.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X