This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] DLR Mix CD?

It seems old fashioned to make Mix CDs these days (call it a playlist if you want), but I'm making a series of them for our upcoming trip-- to prepare those who have never been and inject nostalgia of those who haven't been in a while.

Anybody else do this? I even make them for family and friends who are going to DL or WDW. I hope to post a track list here, maybe even cover art if I can come up with anything.

I find that these mix CDs, can be thrilling at first, but become tiresome after a few listening, so I'm trying to inject variety and unexpected versions of songs when I find them (Los Lobos version of Zip-a-dee-doo-dah for instance or BNL doing HM), interspersed with legit tracks straight from the actual attractions.

To that end, 2 questions. First, anybody recommend any good sites that track Disneyland Music? Parktunes.com was a good find and has been helpful (with links to iTunes, etc.). But it's out of date for DCA, and I wonder how out of date it really is now. Have they revamped the park music throughout since 2.0 started? Can anybody point me towards any Buena Vista Street background music? The current track from CS?

And...any cool covers of "Yo Ho" from POTC? The song itself is so iconic, but the official soundtrack gets a bit grating after about 15 seconds.

Thanks to anyone who answers! Or even reads this...

Re: DLR Mix CD?

DisneyParkAudios loads quite a bit of their stuff into a cloud: Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

I love the instrumental version of POTC- I never get tired of hearing it.

ETA: Do those links work? I'm not sure how to link in micechat yet. :0/

Comment

I would burn loops instead of singles.
      sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

You just made my day Lunar Song Bird! Thanks from up the road in Denver.

I agree about the loops Druggas. More measured and appropriate for repeat listening.

Comment

Originally posted by lunarsongbird View Post
          DisneyParkAudios loads quite a bit of their stuff into a cloud: Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

I love the instrumental version of POTC- I never get tired of hearing it.

ETA: Do those links work? I'm not sure how to link in micechat yet. :0/
          The MediaFire link works fine. Thanks!!!!

Comment

Some of the items can't be downloaded, but there is still a solid amount of wonderful tunes that you can download!

Has anyone tried to convert youtube music to mp3s? Apparently it's possible and I have a playlist that I would LOVE to make into a CD- Musical Tour of Disneyland Playlist - YouTube

Comment

Some of the items can't be downloaded, but there is still a solid amount of wonderful tunes that you can download!

Has anyone tried to convert youtube music to mp3s? Apparently it's possible and I have a playlist that I would LOVE to make into a CD- Musical Tour of Disneyland Playlist - YouTube

Here's another youtube channel I use. Can't believe some of the tracks he has:

The #1 spot for park music - YouTube

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
              Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
              Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
              Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

Comment

I'm always pleased when the Ragtime version of Miracles from Molecules comes up on my iPod
                sigpic

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Comment

That's an impressive playlist.

I haven't shopped around much, but have had good luck with Audio Hijack Pro. I have a Mac and it works pretty well. You can set it to start recording during breaks. So you could start your playlist and come back later. Theoretically you'd have different tracks for each song waiting for you.

Comment

For every trip to Disneyland, I try to make a song list on my iPod. It will include music from the Attractions as well as songs from various movies. I have even been known to put on a few current pop songs from the latest and greatest Disney kids and as well as the oldies from Annette and all the other fabulous kids of the original Mickey Mouse Club.

My fave album to listen to while driving is the Disneyland 50th Birthday album. Great songs from the attractions as well as the fireworks spectacular. Can't go wrong!

Best guilty Pleasure: Any Disney Christmas album... even in the middle of summer.
                    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Comment

I'm a TOTAL NERD when it comes to Disneyland Mixtapes. I've mixed my own "Day in Disneyland" several times using the audio from my home movies and dubbing the audio from CD sold at the park and websites like DisneyParkAudio.

Starts outside on the plaza, listening to your ticket being taken, welcome, main street, band, people, welcome announcement, step in time (this was my favorite opening music) Adventureland, Jungle, etc. It all blends together and sounds amazing. I'll turn it on, throw on my most comfortable headphones and lay in bed with my imagination! #PUREMAGIC!

I've always wanted to share this but being in the music industry, I'm nervous of the repercussion.

Every time I’m at the park I have a HD recorder and new mission to capture whatever is NEW... it’s a big job since the park has been changing so often lately. I can’t even fathom a DCA project.

---------- Post added 08-23-2012 at 04:19 PM ----------

On that same note (different projects) I'll dub my voice over my favorite attractions just to practice my vocal abilities.

Ghost host anyone "Hhmmmmm...?"
                      DJ JARVICIOUS
                      Salt Lake City, UT
                      Electro | Hip-Hop | Top 40 | Funky
                      www.Facebook.com/DJJarvicious
                      www.SoundCloud.com/DJJarvicious
                      Instagram / Twitter: @DJJARVICIOUS

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X