This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Crowds on Labour Day

I will be there for Labour Day and a week afterwards. I am willing to bet I'll hear crickets that first week of September which is fine with me, but I am concerned about Labour Day. I will be arriving on the Saturday and looking at the Disneyland website I can see the park is open from 8am-12am that day. I figure I should do one of my Disneyland days on Labour Day since it is the last day for Indy, Casey Jr. and Storybook Canal Boats before a refurbishment. None of those rides are available at Disney World which is my regular destination. I realize I am missing Haunted Mansion regardless, what luck that is!

So I am assuming the first day of school is on the 4th of September for most areas? That means Labour Day is the last "day" of summer in many ways. I can only imagine there would be a lot of locals checking out Disneyland am I correct? The fact that the park is open so late makes me think that Disney itself expects a large crowd but I would like to hear first hand information. Thanks.

Re: Crowds on Labour Day

Labor day is not as busy as Spring Break, but it's still pretty busy. Right now, the parks are experiencing a "down time" because the regular K-12 schools are going back in session (if not already). My college and I bet many others start on Sept. 4.

BTW, welcome to Micechat. Are you Canadian? (sorry, just had to ask)
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Comment

youd think it will be slow Labor day weekend, theres the marathon going on as well as all the on property hotels are booked solid so i dont it will be less busy then

Comment

Yes I am Canadian. From about an hour west of Toronto. I assume the way I spelled "Labour" gave it away huh? Blame the English for that one, haha.

As for the marathon I am told that it will be on the Sunday morning so I suspect I won't see it at all. If I do though, it wouldn't get in the way much anyway huh?

Comment

Labor day is a weird one, it usually starts slow, gets busy in the middle, and then dies off.

Most AP's are locked out, but since school just started, you don't get many out-of-town families. so it's basically locals willing to buy tickets, and Premium AP'ers.

Basically, if you are going to pick a "holiday" to go, it's probably the least crowded.

Comment

Go to the sticky at the top of of the DL forums titled "When will it be busy at DL?" and click on the TouringPlans link there. It has Sept 3 as a 6/10 for the resort overall and a 4.8 for DL.
            Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
            Mark Twain

Comment

No passes are blocked-out on Labor Day this year (9/3). DCA will still be siphoning off a bunch of people, though.

Comment

I went last year on Labor Day and got there at about 2 PM, and with FP went on all the E-tickets (minus Star Tours and the Matterhorn), Fantasyland rides, and even squeezed in Buzz Lightyear and Jungle Cruise before the fireworks. I think it was crowded but it was manageable. Have a good trip!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Phil View Post
                  I will be arriving on the Saturday and looking at the Disneyland website I can see the park is open from 8am-12am that day.
                  Note that on Saturday Sept 1st, Disneyland opens at 9:00am with early entry at 8:00am in case that makes a difference to you.
                  "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Big Phil View Post
                    Yes I am Canadian. From about an hour west of Toronto. I assume the way I spelled "Labour" gave it away huh? Blame the English for that one, haha.
                    Awesome! :thumbup:
                    DisneyTwins
                    Since May 2003

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X