This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News AP Movie Night!

Someone on another site posted a pic of this: Hey fellow passholders there's a free movie screening

A sign at DL advertising AP Movie Night asking for votes between Beauty and the Beast and Lion King. First off, looks like Al was right after all. Secondly, looks like the movie is tonight at 7:00. No other information besides a Twitter hashtag #APMovieNight. Anyone have the scoop?

Re: AP Movie Night!

A little warning would have been nice. I don't like the voting format though. Just make a schedule and we'll show up if we're interested. I don't wanna wait around and be disappointed. Although I'd watch either of those, but in general.

Comment

Looks fun, I love the voting aspect!

Comment

I wish that they would do this on a Friday or Saturday night and not during the work week. Really, if it is truly going to be in the Lincoln theater it wouldn't be that invasive to the normal weekend operation of the park.
        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Love the idea - if only this APer lived closer!
          One and Only WDW Visit: March 2013

DL Visits: Aug 2005, Dec 2007/Jan 2008, Oct 2010, Aug 2011, May 2012, Aug 2012, Nov 2012

Comment

Hmm, not exactly the forgotten classics we were hoping for in the other thread. Both of those were recently rereleased, in 3D no less, so anyone who wanted to see them in a theater has had ample opportunity already. I did.
            Last edited by bigcatrik; 08-23-2012, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcatrik View Post
              Hmm, not exactly the forgotten classics we were hoping for in the other thread. Both of those were recently rereleased, in 3D no less, so anyone who wanted to see them in a theater has had ample opportunity already. I did.
              I think Disney is trying to maintain the integrity of the vault, which I appreciate. They're also trying to bank on the popularity of the films, rather than throwing out an obscure film that the majority of passholders aren't familiar with.

Comment

Thanks for the head's up!

I was the one that started the "What ever happened to AP movies in the Lincoln theater beginning Aug 23?" thread. I checked the AP site almost daily, called the park-and they answered 'no such thing'. Why would they make it such a secret to everyone but Al???
                Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
                Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by ohmyjustin View Post
                  I think Disney is trying to maintain the integrity of the vault, which I appreciate.
                  Ugh. I certainly don't.

Comment

Originally posted by ohmyjustin View Post
                    I think Disney is trying to maintain the integrity of the vault, which I appreciate. They're also trying to bank on the popularity of the films, rather than throwing out an obscure film that the majority of passholders aren't familiar with.
                    Everyone had a chance to see Lion King and Beauty and the beast in theaters...lets see some stuff like Roger Rabbit, Tron, Snow White, Bugs Life...things we have not see in Theaters in years...rather then poplar titles just rereleased and on Blue Ray now

As for the Voting...yeah I'd rather them just show on movie in EO's Theaters and one on Main street....much better
                    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                      Everyone had a chance to see Lion King and Beauty and the beast in theaters...lets see some stuff like Roger Rabbit, Tron, Snow White, Bugs Life...things we have not see in Theaters in years...rather then poplar titles just rereleased and on Blue Ray now

As for the Voting...yeah I'd rather them just show on movie in EO's Theaters and one on Main street....much better
                      Roger Rabit is playing at the El Capitan next week (Cinderella is playing right now).

Comment

I'm pretty sure most of the APs have seen the more obscure movies. That's why we're APs. lol

Comment

Originally posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
                          A little warning would have been nice...
                          Al Lutz knew about this weeks ago, and accurately stated it would begin on "August 23rd" and "continue through October".

You can't trust anything Guest Relations or the official Disneyland Spokesmen say publicly. The Guest Relations group knew this was happening, but couldn't admit it to anyone who called after Al Lutz spilled the beans. I know girls who work in the Guest Relations phone room, and they had to stick to their script about "we have no idea what you're talking about" regarding AP movie nights in the Lincoln Theater.

The Lincoln Theater CM's also knew about it for weeks too, and were talking about it in break rooms backstage. But for whatever reason, after Al Lutz broke the news a few weeks ago, it became a top secret project. Likely because it involves scanning your AP and getting the background info on how often you enter the parks and how often you use your AP discount where applicable.

Comment

Originally posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
                            I'm pretty sure most of the APs have seen the more obscure movies. That's why we're APs. lol
                            It's about seeing them on the big screen....since the BIG movies like Lion King has gotten it's due....it was in Imax years ago, then at D23 last year, then last year in normal theaters, and now blueray....

I just want to see more movies that people like but don' usually see in nation wide theaters...a good mixture of poplar films and less as highly loved (Treasure Planet, Tron, Rocketeer, and Robin Hood)

Also..no my friends are AP's and have not seen EVER Disney movie made....I'm sure many kids and other people have not seen all the classic films because of how the Disney Vault closes off many of the films to be seen
                            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                              Oh, I definitely agree that other movies need their time in the sun, but this was probably the safest bet for Disney. I'd love to know how many people actually went to see the film, though.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X