Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What attractions do you do in between fast passes?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] What attractions do you do in between fast passes?

(Do you all use the term S/O: Spin off on this board?)

So I've read many posts on fast passes- and what order to get fast passes, but do you all have plans on what to do in between fast passes?

Like- Would you grab one for the Holiday Haunted Mansion and then ride POTC, grab a snack, ride Pooh, Grab a FP for Splash and then go back to HM?

I'm also trying to debate whether or not I really want to try to plan out our days- or just try to relax and be spontaneous. However- if we relax and are too spontaneous- we might find ourselves in enormous lines.

Thoughts?

Re: What attractions do you do in between fast passes?

For me it depends, I try to stay in the area and ride what has the shortest lines. So typically FP to Space Mtn and go ride Astro Blasters and maybe see the Capt E0 show.

FP to Indy might check pirates or BTR or Splash Mtn..see which one is shortest..or if it' 20 min or less I ride it.
    Feel free to visit my Etsy Shop; https://www.etsy.com/shop/AlienKaboo...=hdr_shop_menu
    to see my Disney and StarWars skirts for little girls.

Comment

The Hearthstone Lounge.
      --
      http://www.bewaterwise.com

Comment

Sounds like you've the right idea, songbird. Planned yet flexible. As a WDW vet, we've got to generally stay in one land at a time since the trek from Tomorrowland to Frontierland is quite significant. However, apparently at DL things are closer. There is apparently a Disney iPhone app (prob for Android too) that shows waits, fwiw.

One detail that's changed at WDW recently is that they make you return to use your FP within a window of time (they didn't in the past); do they hold you to your window at DL?

Comment

I rarely use fastpass, so I'd say all of them.
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by rreading View Post
            One detail that's changed at WDW recently is that they make you return to use your FP within a window of time (they didn't in the past); do they hold you to your window at DL?
            Unfortunately, Disneyland does not enforce the fastpass window. Hopefully they will in the future.
            "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

I use my app to find what has short waits. Since Disneyland is pretty small, I don't mind walking around the park. If I get a pass to Space, I'll try to do the rides around there first, then make it across to Indiana Jones. If I need to, I'll get a pass for that and then it'll be time to make it back to Space Mountain. Since Fantasyland is right in the middle, I find our group goes through it relatively often. If not there, then it's to the rides that are consistently short waits like HM, Pirates, Astro Blasters, and Big Thunder.

Comment

Planning a little bit, while still being flexible is the way to go.

Particularly first thing in the morning, with the right planning you can make the most of that first hour or two.

Hit Peter Pan first and you've save 40 minutes from later in the day. Use Fastpass as often as possible, and hit high capacity attractions like Mansion and Pirates when the park is busiest.
                My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

If I have a FastPass I usually will go get something to eat or try and find something with a shorter wait time. Haunted Mansion is a pretty good staple since the posted wait time always seems to be 13min.
                  Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

POTC and HM those are the best for waiting for your FP

Comment

WALKING: THE RIDE(c) Disney Co.

Total Tender Rides: 20
                      Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
                      Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
                      Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

Comment

Originally posted by Bongo View Post
                        WALKING: THE RIDE(c) Disney Co.
                        Disney really wants it to be Shopping: The Ride

Comment

Rides that don't have fastpass!

Comment

Riding other rides like POTC/HM/JC/etc., walking, eating, enjoying streetmosphere, and sometimes, just sitting/relaxing/peoplewatching somewhere in the park.

Comment

I always like to ride the Mark Twain. Don't forget that Indy and Splash both have single rider lines.
                              Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
                              Mark Twain

Comment

Usually I get there at opening, and hit all of the e-tickets first. (sorta a version of a Touring Plan from the unoffical Guide folks). I then pick up fast passes in the afternoon/evening, and basically I hit the stores, parades, and resturants during this time.

Basically using fastpass in the morning is a waste of time, sometimes waiting in line for the fasspast is longer than the ride's line. Unless it's a new ride, then yeah, I'll get a pass.

Comment

I ride many attractions that is often close to me or on the way and when the time comes, I either go back to that land or stay in between lands so I can get there faster.

Walt Disney's Original Magic Kingdom!
                                  Save
                                  Sav

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X