Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If (god forbid) Disneyland was burning to the ground, what would you save?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] If (god forbid) Disneyland was burning to the ground, what would you save?

Can't be attractions, or anything else you couldn't save without a forklift.

But let's say everything else was suddenly "unglued", and you could take something quickly.

These can include ridiculously expensive items in Disneyana, and other shops.

What are two things you would save?

Mine would probably be the apple in Snow White's Scary Adventure, and "Jose" of the Enchanted Tiki Room.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Re: If (god forbid) Disneyland was burning to the ground, what would you save?

I've got 83 answers from 83 different people to that question.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

Comment

If animatronics count then I would save the auctioneer pirate.
      But if that doesn't count then I would save the ghost ship painting from the Haunted Mansion. That would look just lovely in my bedroom.

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
      "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
      "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

Comment

The Partners statue would look great in my backyard...

Comment

One of those idiotically designed new Matterhorn sleds. It'll be needed in court when the class action suit of Injured Riders vs. Disney goes to trial.
          "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
          it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
          together with every variety of recreation and fun,
          designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
          - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
          - Bob Chapek

Comment

one doombuggy for my bedroom

Comment

The Dapper Dans four seater bicycle, the Main Street firetruck any memorabilia fire station (maybe all of it), machines from the penny arcade, and finally a Mark Twain pilots uniform.

See ya walkin' right down the middle if o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
              IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

Comment

The painting of the red head in POTC.

Comment

The portrait of The Redhead in PotC painted by Marc Davis

Jingles, the lead horse on the carousel

The Welte Band Organ in the Penny Arcade

(Ok, so I cheated and picked three)

Comment

The tiger woman and Medusa paintings from the HM, as those maybe are actually theoretically liftable.

Another option which has merit would be one of the rubber devils from the end of Mr. Toad.
                    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

The corndog cart with an employee to serve them , and a dole whip machine
                      Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come:yea:

Comment

AWESOME question OP. btw the question was "save", not steal, lol.

I would SAVE this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sign.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	7344570

For some some great trip reports, features and reviews, please check out http://www.thedisneylandreport.com.

Comment

Walt's lamp in the firehouse window.
                          Skiddley Whiffers is a cruel mistress; cold and unforgiving.

Comment

The HM Stretching Portraits
                            The Lilly Belle would also look pretty sweet parked in my backyard. Maybe the E.P. Ripley too. I don't know how my neighbors would react to it though.

Comment

Mickey of course, it all did start with a mouse(or rabbit lol)

Comment

My family and as many other people as possible. Everything else can be replaced.
                                The Chadwick's Online Photo & Video Galleries
                                DLR: 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015
                                DCL: Alaska Cruise Aboard Disney Wonder 2013
                                Planned Trip: DLR August 2018

Very Happy Disney Vacation Club Member Since 2010
                                270 Points at The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa

Comment

Originally posted by gomezaddams View Post
                                  Walt's lamp in the firehouse window.
                                  Bingo. I wouldn't keep it for myself, but it's such a historic piece of Disneyland that I couldn't bare to see it destroyed, I would want to save it.

Comment

Originally posted by Asylim View Post
                                    My family and as many other people as possible. Everything else can be replaced.
                                    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

The Disneyland dedication plaque and an original ticket book from the opera house.
                                      WELCOME ABOARD
                                      THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

The goat from Big Thunder (don't want that dynamite catching it's fuse on fire!)

The plaque on the partners statue
                                        sigpic

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X