This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Emotionally overwelming moments at the Disneyland

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Re: Emotionally overwelming moments at the Disneyland

Sorry if this is a stupid question but what is "FW/F"?

Alot of what you like are the "reveals", those moments when something suddenly appears or happens that wasn't there before, like going under the tunnel and seeing Main Street or coming round the bend and seeing the Splash Mountain characters. I agree!! One of my favorite moments both at Disneyland and WDW is when you walk around the corner of Main St and see the castle. Either side works for that. :-)

Comment

-Soarin gets me every time.
      -Most of the Remember fireworks show.
      -Intro to the Tiki Room.
      -Most of Fantasmic.

The list could go on... but then my credibility as a male would be forfeit... J/K
      -Brian

Comment

Well, walking down Main Street always gets me racked up. After the "launch" on Space Mountain the first time I ride it on a vacation. Seeing the Matterhorn as I drive up to Disneyland; but definitely the most overwhelming moment is when I have to leave. I'll usually leave about midday, and I spend it in Disneyland, riding things and saying goodbye to things for a year. Then I'll exit the park and turn around and just stare, and think about what I've done, what I experienced, and just the whole trip in general, and especially the moment where I have to turn and walk away from Disneyland. It's actually really hard for me to do that.
        - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by EC82 View Post
          Sorry if this is a stupid question but what is "FW/F"?

Alot of what you like are the "reveals", those moments when something suddenly appears or happens that wasn't there before, like going under the tunnel and seeing Main Street or coming round the bend and seeing the Splash Mountain characters. I agree!! One of my favorite moments both at Disneyland and WDW is when you walk around the corner of Main St and see the castle. Either side works for that. :-)

I'm assuming the original poster meant the opening of the Fireworks/Fantasmic...

For me it's that moment I hear the buildup in Fantasmic right after Steamboat Mickey and during the crescendo into Fantasia Mickey....makes me tear up every time

Plus there's the initial emotional longing when I go under the railroad and begin my first walk down main street
          sigpic

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Comment

Originally posted by TL59 View Post
            Well, walking down Main Street always gets me racked up. After the "launch" on Space Mountain the first time I ride it on a vacation. Seeing the Matterhorn as I drive up to Disneyland; but definitely the most overwhelming moment is when I have to leave. I'll usually leave about midday, and I spend it in Disneyland, riding things and saying goodbye to things for a year. Then I'll exit the park and turn around and just stare, and think about what I've done, what I experienced, and just the whole trip in general, and especially the moment where I have to turn and walk away from Disneyland. It's actually really hard for me to do that.
            ^^ this!

Leaving is so hard. I'll risk the loss of man points to admit that I get really sad when it's time to go.

So for our next trip... I'm planning a one day return trip to DL one week after I leave. See, we're driving to CA from TX... after a week in the parks, we're going up to the Sacramento area. We have to pass through LA on our way back... might as well stop again! )

So it's really more of a delay to the sadness than eliminating it... but I think it will help

Comment

When you've just gotten off the freeway onto Harbor Blvd. and one of the Monorails goes by.

That excited feeling while going through one of the entrance tunnels.

When the park starts to light up in the evening.

Comment

1. When I'm finally in the area on Disneyland Drive after driving for six long hours from Arizona.
                2. Being able to sit in the lobby with my mom and sister at the Grand Californian Hotel while my dad checks us in and just taking everything in. It's so pretty! Speaking of which, this year's trip is going to be a sad one. Us kids are all grown up now and this will probably be our last family trip with just the four of us before I'm married next year. :shy:
                3. Holiday fireworks. Can't hold back the tears, no matter how hard I try.
                4. World of Color. It really cuts to the core of me, Baxter.
                5. Walking down Main Street at the end of the night with everything lit up.
                6. First hearing "How Do You Do?" on Splash Mountain.
                7. The overwhelming smell immediately after entering the building for POTC.
                8. The number one most emotionally overwhelming moment I've ever experienced was with my dad and sister two years ago. It was just us three on a trip, and we had early admission. It was the first time we'd ever dared to wake up early and try it out. We walked into the park, and I'd never seen Main Street so empty or so beautiful. It was a chilly, slightly overcast morning in November. We walked down the street and a light fog filled the air, and because the park was still empty the music was played very softly. The unobstructed view of the castle with the music playing so gently in the background was such a tearjerker for my 15 year old sister and I, we couldn't contain ourselves! I know that's more of a personal story, but when I think about emotionally overwhelming Disneyland experiences that's definitely at the top. I don't think the morning could have been more perfect.

Comment

My two most emotional moments at Disneyland thus far......

Moment #1 - My GF treated me to lunch at the BB for my 40th birthday. We've known each other since high school, but only in '09 did we start dating after reconnecting on Facebook after 20 years. I'd had the worst kind of crush on her in school, but we were always 'just friends'. Sitting in that darkened restaurant that day, I was suddenly so overcome with emotion, such intense joy, that I couldn't really speak. So I texted her from across the table how it was the happiest moment of my life. She texted back "Dreams can come true" and gave me the smile I fell in love with when I was 14.

Moment #2 - Taking our 7-month old baby on IASM for the first time last month and watching his little eyes light up at what he saw in there. He loves it.
                  "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

Holding my daughter's hand while walking through Disneyland or DCA.
                    I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Oh boy, this one will be good. I'll keep my list short:
                      Seeing the Matterhorn as I drive up to Disneyland (the heart starts to race)
                      Passing through the entrance tunnel and the first view of the castle.
                      Entering the PoTC
                      And for some reason, boarding the Jungle Cruise (Probably the first ride I went on in the 60's)
                      Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

The first time with each of my boys. It's just so magical to see DL through brand new eyes. Even now, seeing the wonder in any little kids' eyes while in the Park just chokes me up.
                        "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

For me it's very emotional entering the esplanade. I still remember the first time that I saw it, and I knew that I had finally made it to Disneyland. As a kid, I just saw Disneyland on television. I didn't see Disneyland, for myself in person until I was 57 years old, and Disneyland itself was 50 years old.
                          BarbaraAnn

Comment

walking though the tunnels and reading the plaque
                            seeing the castle for the first time on your trip
                            anytime little kids get excited about something, seeing a character, etc
                            When everyone starts singing in the Tiki Room I cry usually
                            more to come

Comment

i have always been excited, or giddy when i'm in disneyland... however, this trip i'm bringing my 4 year old daughter for the first time. i started showing her youtube videos of rides, fireworks, etc (she's a kid who needs to know what to expect) and i was surprised to find myself tearing up thru most of them... so, obviously, i'm probably going to be a mess when it comes to the real thing!

Comment

I still have to say this Magical firework production. It hits on so many songs from so many classics. It's so well done.
                                I do like the Remember Dreams Come True fireworks too, but Magical just hits me in all the right places.
                                And hearing "When You Wish Upon a Star" gets me every time.

Comment

Peter Pan's Flight.

Comment

Jiminy Cricket and Pinocchio get me every time. Not always a lump in the throat moment, but definitely a smile in my heart.
                                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

Soarin
                                      Fantasmic
                                      Main Street during Christmas
                                      The beginning of Space Mountain
                                      Seeing the Blue Bayou from Pirates

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X