Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tron Light cycles inside innovations building? Just crazy enough it just might work..

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Tron Light cycles inside innovations building? Just crazy enough it just might work..

Click image for larger version

Name:	combo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	7369590Click image for larger version

Name:	boosterbike38s.jpg
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	7369591Click image for larger version

Name:	boosterbike43s.jpg
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	7369592

As you can see these will give the same feeling of riding a light cycle.

Let me know your thoughts on a dark ride with fast turns and great indoor speed. New E ticket for tomorrow land using an existing building.

--- M_McFly

Re: Tron Light cycles inside innovations building? Just crazy enough it just might wo

Cool idea, tbh. They could even make the cars seated like the other rides but have them look like the light cycles.
    Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Re: Tron Light cycles inside innovations building? Just crazy enough it just might wo

Given that I'm a motorcycle rider, I'd want this ride to be very well themed (or it would risk boring me a bit). And if you've ridden the mummy, you'll know that the fluorescent painted billboards weren't very themed...

Needs more room!! Like the idea though.
      -Brian

Comment

They could also use other visual technologies for some of the ride (the start and finish areas).....much like the new Manta coaster at Sea World does.

Comment

just like pony express
          Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

I would like to see a fully immersive 3D environment...digital backdrops, semi-holographic entities and the like...

Think of the environment in the Little Mermaid ride, but much faster and with more action...and Tron themed...

P.S...Jeff Bridges has to appear at least 4 times...

Comment

I love the idea and I now see how the ride vechile would work, but wonder if the inovations building is large enough. It seems as posted on another thread that rebuilding the people mover track would be a far better way to have this attraction and have most of it in a tunnel type setting. I think Tron would really fit well in TL. Again nice way to think out of the box.
              Dave

Comment

Love the ridevehicles. Just love 'em. And they could really be themed to look like a lightcycle straight from the film.

I'm on board with everyone who wants a Tron ride in Tomorrowland. I'm not ahuge fan of creating rides based on movie franchises (I'm really hesitant abouta Wall-E ride, and I definitely don't want to see Marvel in Tomorrowland), butthere's just something about Tron that fits well in Tomorrowland. It's sophisticated, not cartoony, and the idea oftraveling inside a computer is undeniably futuristic.

I'm just not sure if the Innovations is really big enough. It still looksconsiderably smaller compared to The Mummy's building. Plus, I think a Tronride would deserve an incredible queue/preshow that transports the guests fromthe real world into the digital realm of the grid before they even board thelight cycles, and I don't see how the Innovations building would offer enoughroom for that.

Originally posted by drummerbrin View Post
                I would like to see a fully immersive 3D environment...digital backdrops, semi-holographic entities and the like...

Think of the environment in the Little Mermaid ride, but much faster and with more action...and Tron themed...
                Agreed. I think the ride would benefit from a blend of both digital elements and actual, physical elements.

Comment

I had come up with the idea about 3 weeks ago saying that Inoventions would be the que and dark ride section of a light cycle ride the utilized the people move track as well, basically combining the two. It would follow the movie concept that you start inside on the game grid and then blast your way out onto the out side track. Think Radiator Spring Racers. the people mover track would be engineered to handle high speed turns, of course.

Micenation

Comment

As much as I want a Tron ride...unless they can do it right (high speed and 100 themed) then I'd rather them not just make some simple ride...so I'll wait until they have the funds and land to make a REAL E ticket ride for what it deserves
                    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

To those of you worried about space, they can just gut out Pizza Port and connect it to Innoventions. Most people hate the place so it wouldn't really be missed. It might not be that much space, but it is enough space a pretty large queue
                      The music celebration puts some motion into my ocean!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvidTurtleTalker View Post
                        To those of you worried about space, they can just gut out Pizza Port and connect it to Innoventions. Most people hate the place so it wouldn't really be missed. It might not be that much space, but it is enough space a pretty large queue
                        Except it is a very large and relatively inexpensive dining option in Tomorrowland. It's either that or the Terrace in Tomorrowland. It won't be missed by us, but by the casual park goer?

Comment

Innoventions is much too small. I've walked through ROTM with the lights on and that ride utilized every square foot of free space available. Any smaller and they just could not have built that ride.

Comment

Great Idea!!! i just pulled out my large sheet paper, sketch pencils, and all manner of ruling/compassing devices. I shall make some blueprints! :geek:

Oh and Avidturtletalker I like Pizza Port I couldnt bear the thought of it being gone
                            Jack Sparrow - "You have been monstrously deceived." Pirate - We are decepted then..." Jack Sparrow - "Yes"

Comment

Originally posted by AvidTurtleTalker View Post
                              Most people hate it?

Ha, I'd like to see that theory be tested on a warm summer day. :judge:
                              Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X