This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Pixar Land vs. individual rides

I had this conversation with my brother once and I figured it would be fun to bring up here.

Do you think Disney would have been better off creating a separate land just for Pixar films instead of individual rides, or entire lands devoted to Cars and Bug's Life, spread throughout the parks?
    Personally I think a Pixar Land would have been cool. There are enough Pixar films to justify it and they could have easily created a space and put Pixar related attractions.

If there was a Pixar Land, what rides/attractions would you want to see added to it?
    Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Re: Pixar Land vs. individual rides

Toy Story Playland (Toy Story Mania, Buzz lightyear and the kiddie rides)
    Monstropolis( Door Floor, Mike and Sulley to the Rescue, Laugh Floor, Harry Hausens)
    Nemo's Cove/Great Barrier Reef (Inside area with Nemo themed rides)
    Incredibles City(KUKA arm incredibles ride, Wall-E ride inside the Axiom)
    Ratatouille Town(Kitchen Calamity, Gusteau's)
    Flik's Fun Fair( Huge ant hill with it's tough to be a bug inside)
    Tokyo Disneyland Crew!

Currently working at:: Journey to the Center of the Earth!

Comment

Hmm...I think a Pixar Land would be cool, but overdone at the same time. There're way too many properties to make one cohesive land that works. The movies'd have to branch off into individual lands like Cars Land.
      "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

Comment

If this did, ever, come true, I'd love to see-

a) a flume ride based on Remi in "Ratatouille" when he's traversing through the Paris sewer system.

b) a half dark/half winged coaster based on Woody's adventures with his makeshift hang glider in "Toy Story 3".

c) Harryhausen's becoming a real restaurant.

d) Gustav's becoming a real restaurant.

Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

I've had the same idea too. Perhaps not in California since we already have "a bug's land" and Cars Land, but at another Disney park on the globe. As more movies as being released, obviously there couldn't be a land for every movie, but the major ones could be included.

Cars Land (though I prefer the name Radiator Springs,"Cars Land" just sounds tacky), "a bug's land", and Toy Story Land (Hong Kong Disneyland) already exist, so that's three lands that could easily be included.

I think other contenders could be Paradise Falls (from Up), Monstropolis (from Monsters Inc.), and Syndome's Island (from The Incredibles).

An aquatic based land inspired by Nemo might also work well, as might a Scottish land inspired by Brave, and a space/futuristic themed landcould draw inspiration from Wall-E, and a nice little French land inspired by Ratatouille, complete with a French restaurant (Gusteau's, anyone?) with that cute little animatronic Remy making appearances.

There's definitely potential. So many of these things areeasy to imagine. I think the biggest concern would be blending lands that are so different into one cohesive experience. But I think it's doable. Pixar just has this unique "feel" to it and I think that if the lands were creating with close attention to detail and care for preserving the feel of their respective film, that unique Pixar feel could help smooth the transition from land to land.

Last edited by gatheringrosebuds; 08-24-2012, 07:48 PM.

Comment

I would love to see Gusteau's become real.
            Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Originally posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
              I've had the same idea too. Perhaps not in California since we already have "a bug's land" and Cars Land, but at another Disney park on the globe. As more movies as being released, obviously there couldn't be a land for every movie, but the major ones could be included.
              I agree with you, having the possible land somewhere other than America.

Rio de Janeiro, anyone?
              Fear of the unknown.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

No...just make good rides with them...(that fit theme..somehow) and I'll be fine with them...but I went on Nemo yesterday...and I can tell you its a LONG ride that really feels like it should be ten mins..shorter

Or Monsters Inc..good ride.....but the tech was sooo low that it was just another dark ride nothing more....Racers is what every Pixar ride should try to be
                Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

The problem with a generic "Pixar Land" is that it isn't cohesive nor immersive. What areas like Cars Land, Adventureland, Toontown, etc. do well is paint a complete picture. You're completely transported to a completely different place. A "Pixar Land" where the only connecting thread is the Pixar label doesn't really work.

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                    No...just make good rides with them...(that fit theme..somehow) and I'll be fine with them...but I went on Nemo yesterday...and I can tell you its a LONG ride that really feels like it should be ten mins..shorter

Or Monsters Inc..good ride.....but the tech was sooo low that it was just another dark ride nothing more....Racers is what every Pixar ride should try to be
                    This! People don't necessarily have problems with Pixar, they have problems with the quality and thematic appropriateness of Pixar based attractions. The only thematically fitting attraction I can think of is TSMM (ITTBAB actually fit really well before FFF was built the area was just boring). BLAB "fits" but not really because they went the Toy route instead of the space ranger route. FNSV, MI, and multiple other attractions in parks across the world ignore theme. That's not to say throwing them in a "land" makes them fit either. Thematically Cars Land and a bug's land don't really fit in California. They are just used because it is a lot easier to market known characters than original attractions/ lands. However, Cars Land is popular because it is quality and a bug's land is not because it's attraction quality is lacking. Quality is key.
                    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco21 View Post
                      Thematically Cars Land and a bug's land don't really fit in California.
                      Cars Land fits DCA like a glove. California has an iconic "car culture" and Route 66 plays in big part in the geography of the state. The rock formations of Cadillac Range and Ornament Valley are similar to rock formations seen in the California deserts. California is even a key plot point in the first Cars film.

Comment

Originally posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
                        Cars Land fits DCA like a glove. California has an iconic "car culture" and Route 66 plays in big part in the geography of the state. The rock formations of Cadillac Range and Ornament Valley are similar to rock formations seen in the California deserts. California is even a key plot point in the first Cars film.
                        It loosely fits similar to how BLAB and Finding Nemo fit theme, but Radiator Springs was designed after towns in Arizona. It fits based on the car culture and ideals but was designed around Arizona, Utah, New Mexico, ect. Cars Land works well and is high quality which is what really counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco21 View Post
                          It loosely fits similar to how BLAB and Finding Nemo fit theme, but Radiator Springs was designed after towns in Arizona. It fits based on the car culture and ideals but was designed around Arizona, Utah, New Mexico, ect. Cars Land works well and is high quality which is what really counts.
                          Come on now. Cars Land fits DCA 100x more than Nemo fits Tomorrowland. SoCalFan had a fabulous post a few months back showing how similar rock formations in the California desert were to the sculpted rockwork of Ornament Valley. Along with California's famous car culture and ties to Route 66, Cars Land fits DCA perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
                            Come on now. Cars Land fits DCA 100x more than Nemo fits Tomorrowland. SoCalFan had a fabulous post a few months back showing how similar rock formations in the California desert were to the sculpted rockwork of Ornament Valley. Along with California's famous car culture and ties to Route 66, Cars Land fits DCA perfectly.
                            Yeah maybe comparing it to Nemo was a little uncalled for (comparing almost anything to Nemo is uncalled for lol). I understand how it fits in DCA, I just refuse to say that it's a 100% perfect fit when it was designed after towns in Arizona... But I will admit that it makes sense visually since the rockwork is very very similar to rockwork found in California. It does fit with car culture of California perfectly. I must have missed SoCalFan's post, but I've seen rock formations similar to Cars Land in Cali before so I know what you are talking about. The imagineers did do an amazing job of making cars land feel like it belonged in DCA.

Comment

I'm sorry Bronco21, I just can't take you seriously.

I take a road trip down south every few months or so, and I can't even count how many towns such as "Radiator Springs" I see. Ghost towns, with little or no tourists dining at the dive bars, or staying at the small motels.

Sure, there may be a few of those in Arizona, or New Mexico, but they all encompass one theme, shared by many states.

Radiator Springs wasn't based off a specific town in Arizona, it was based on the type of towns in Southwestern America.
                              Fear of the unknown.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X