Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite "land" in the Disneyland Resort?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] What is your favorite "land" in the Disneyland Resort?

Now that summer 2012 is near its end...what is your favorite?
    Main Street USA
    9.30%
    Buena Vista Street
    2.33%
    New Orleans Square
    55.81%
    Grizzly Peak
    0%
    Fantasyland
    6.98%
    Paradise Pier
    0%
    Cars Land
    4.65%
    Tomorrowland
    2.33%
    Frontierland
    9.30%
    Other
    9.30%

Re: What is your favorite "land" in the Disneyland Resort?

As usual, I have more than one.

Adventureland
    New Orleans Square
    Fantasyland
    Main Street USA
    Critter Country

Walt Disney's Original Magic Kingdom!
    Save
    Sav

Comment

I choose the land with the two best rides in the resort.. And no I don't mean Toontown or a bug's land... NOS
      Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Comment

Daytime: Fantasyland

Nighttime: Tomorrowland
        Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

Hard choice between Tomorrowland and New Orleans Square
          Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Like the old potato chip commercial: You can't have just one! For me it's Fantasyland and New Orleans Square.
            "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Pre-1998 it was Tomorrowland. Hopefully they will give it a good remodel soon so it can be again.
              "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

New Orleans Square for me.

Comment

Fantasyland. Always has been. Always will be. The land I head to first, and for sure the most.
                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

If you are just talking about "Lands" then I have to go with Frontierland. I absolutely LOVE Big Thunder, love taking a cruise on the Mark Twain or the Canoes (yes, I still consider that Frontierland). I really hope they expand the land in the future and have it connect with the back-side of Critter Country. In fact, if they did that then they should just make Critter Country part of Frontierland.

As for the land with the best rides, NOS for sure.

Comment

Fantasyland
                      Adventureland
                      NOS
                      "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

tie between new orleans square and tomorrowland for me. new orleans square is beautiful during the day, but both lands are gorgeous at night

Comment

Adventureland, especially at night. I've always been a fan of the jungle (my bedroom is still themed to a jungle from when I was a kid) and animals, so Adventureland is the perfect fit. The distant sounds of the jungle, the eerie masks and skulls, the bamboo torches, the rumbling of motorboats. It's magnificent.

Critter Country comes second. I've always been intrigued with the little critter houses running alongside the crystal-clear stream outside Pooh (and the former Playhouse). And then there's the quirky orchestrations, the animal wood-carvings, and the general amount of lush foliage and wilderness atmosphere.
                          "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

Comment

..still NOS

Comment

The whole west side of the park:
                              New Orleans Square, Adventure land, Frontierland, Critter Country.
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

New Orleans Square. So beautiful, especially at night.
                                Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

Adventureland! Love the theme and exicution especially at night when the tiki tourches light up!
                                  BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Choosing a favorite land is difficult. Each one has unique and different aspects that make it difficult to decide for me at least. I love aspects about each land. For my favorite lands, my choices are based more on ambiance, aesthetics, moods, and the sensory environment. Most my trips to DLR are spent wandering around and enjoying the ambience. Attractions are definitely second in my choices because attractions like ToT and Star Tours are among my favorites but the lands for each respected attraction are fairly meh and nowhere near favorites. But it's not visuals either...Cars Land is probably the most visually breathtaking and spectacular lands in the resort with tons of theming and ambiance and even a nostalgic connection but it barely misses my favorites list for reasons like the road to Bugs Land, the crowds, need for more time spent there to absorb it all, and this feeling that it needs something more. But that rockwork is definitely a favorite thing at the resort, RSR a top attraction, and the neon a nighttime must see.

Well, getting off my justifying tangent, here's my list:
                                    • Buena Vista Street- what can I say, I've fallen in love with this land. It's just so charming and near perfect. I've always been a fan of old LA so to see it come to life is a dream come true. With its red roofed Spanish Revival buildings, opulent Art Deco storefronts, tile mosaics spread throughout, Red Cars clanging by, sprawling oak near a wonderful cafe that happens to serve Starbucks, rousing jazz music and of course the stunning Carthay, with wrought iron details and great lighting with the palms, redbud trees, and beautiful burbling fountain at its base. An almost perfect land for me. I wish somehow ToT could be part of this land but I guess thats why the RCT connects to it.
                                    • Grizzly Peak- probably an unusual choice for most but perfect for me. The beautiful pine forest that has grown around the granite looking Grizzly Peak takes me straight into the Sierra Nevada Mountains and all my nostalgic summer trips to my "home away from home". National Parks are something so special to me and Grizzly Peak takes me into Yosemite and Sequioa but much closer to home haha. I love the awesome propping and other changes they've done around the land to bring it back in time to the 30's and 40's and further cement that mood and theme (this was even mentioned in the newest D23). The evergreen pines and their wonderful scent, the verdant black oak that change with the seasons, the wood covered, rustic buildings, gushing waterfalls, bursting geysers, rocks and wood texture throughout, and the charmingly outdoorsy yet elegant Grand Calfornian right next door make this land. My only lament is there isn't more of it. Oh and btw RCCT is a gem.
                                    • Froniterland- classic Disneyland. Nothing beats this land comprised of many distinctly Western faces. The storefronts and interior theming among the main entrance are classic Westen with charm, warmth, and that quintessential rustic feeling. Rancho Del Zocalo and neighboring park are wonderful little pieces of the Mexican herriage in the West that stand in stark contrast yet seamlessly blend with the wooden textured buildings next door. Then there's a favorite, Big Thunder Mountain. Towering red rocks, great Southwest vegatation, and the wildest ride in the wilderness on a runaway mine train through the remnants of mines and past the creatures of the desert. I do hope the rockwork gets a great refinish with its big refurb and can stand next to the outstanding Cadillac Range in CL. I'm always in Utah while near that ride haha. The path back to the farm is relaxing and wild with the farm being a cute distraction with the best smelling BBQ. Then there's the beautiful Mark Twain and Columbia sailing along the river and the elegant Golden Horseshoe parlor which I wish still had a saloon revue. Although one of my favorite attractions, the canoes, isn't technically a Froniterland attraction, it certainly has the spirit of the land and is the best way to be totally be taken away along the Rivers which has become a Western enviornment of its own. I really am excited to hear about the future of this land!

Sorry for my lengthy explanations haha but I like I said...I'm a sensory and visual person. New Orleans Square, Adventureland, and Main Street are definite nexts on my favorites list but I'll stick to boring you all with my top 3 descriptions
                                    Last edited by SoCalFan; 08-25-2012, 01:44 PM.

Comment

in DCA....Carsland and Buena Vista for SURE

And In Disneyland...New Orleans and Critter Country
                                      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

New Orleans Square. It's just so beautiful.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X