Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike and Sulley To The Rescue: Is it ever going to get updated?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Mike and Sulley To The Rescue: Is it ever going to get updated?

I know this ride was just to replace Superstar Limo but the animatronics are lacking and the theme doesn't fit Hollywoodland at all so when will they either make the ride worth the wait or put something better there?

Re: Mike and Sulley To The Rescue: Is it ever going to get updated?

I know many people who want Muppet Vision 3-D gone in place of a new ride, if it were to be tore down, I think a Muppet ride would be great.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

They should have kept the Superstar Limo ride. I was upset when they replaced it with Monsters Inc.

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
      "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
      "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

Comment

Originally posted by Slappypunk View Post
        They should have kept the Superstar Limo ride.
        Huh?

Comment

I am so obsessed with this ride! I hope they never change it. I think I fell head over heels with it entirely when one night there was nobody in line and I rode through 3 straight times looking for hidden mickeys. Also Monsters Inc. is in my top 3 favorite Pixar movies so there ya have it.

Facebook me!
          Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

Originally posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
            I am so obsessed with this ride! I hope they never change it. I think I fell head over heels with it entirely when one night there was nobody in line and I rode through 3 straight times looking for hidden mickeys. Also Monsters Inc. is in my top 3 favorite Pixar movies so there ya have it.
            Izzy I enjoy your name very much. Mosnters Inc is one of my favorite Pixar films too but I feel like they could do so much more with it than they have.

Comment

The only thing I dislike about this attraction is the land it's in. Slightly misplaced.

I think it's a great movie based dark ride that isn't a thrill ride. Second to Little Mermaid but far ahead of Snow White, Peter Pan and Alice. It's part of the new generation of ride through movie dark rides.
              Be Cool Stay in School!
              Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Unless there is a Monsters Inc II I am not sure how/why they would updated it.

Dark Rides just aren't appreciated anymore. Monsters Inc, Little Mermaid, Pooh etc people just aren't interested in simple dark rides any more. Everything seems to have to be interactive, thrill ride, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by disneychrista View Post

Erm... there is. Monsters University is released next year.

A lot of people have issue with this ride because it was (IMO quite cleverly) cobbled together from the abominable Limo ride. BUT unless you know this, it is not apparant. It could be better but is still good fun. I think the biggest problem is the exterior facade which is awful.

Saying all of this, a Muppet ride in its place would be nice.
                  WDW - 1987 & 1991
                  DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                  DLR - October 2011

Comment

It's a great dark ride, but it lacks the charm that the Fantasyland ones have due to their age. That being said, I love the ride and am always a little bummed that my party doesn't want to go on it with me. The technology and techniques used are really cool, but some of the animatronics aren't up to par with the ones we have now. I mean, why don't all the mouths move?

Comment

Based on the general attitude towards the ride I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed it when I rode the first time. It has nice sets, very colorful characters and a fairly complete story. Did they advertise it as being on the level of HM or PotC and disappoint everyone when it first opened, or something?

Comment

Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post
                        I think the biggest problem is the exterior facade which is awful.
                        With this I agree. It would be nice if the exterior would get an update.

Comment

Yes I like the ride too, better than TLM
                          They will probably give it a makeover next year.

Comment

call me crazy but i genuinely like this ride, and think actually think Disney should keep making more dark rides similar to this.
                            WDW: March 2004, August 2005, Summer 2006, March 2012, July 2013, December 2013/January 2014
                            DL: April 2011, December 2011, December 2012/January 2013, June 2014, December 2016, May 2017, October 2017, December 2017
                            HKDL: July 2016

Comment

I think they should have put a darkride on this same level into Carsland instead of Luigis. it would have made the land so much more complete. I love little darkrides like this scattered around and they are great for little ones who dont get to ride the bigger attractions.

Comment

Originally posted by disneychrista View Post

Dark Rides just aren't appreciated anymore. Monsters Inc, Little Mermaid, Pooh etc people just aren't interested in simple dark rides any more. Everything seems to have to be interactive, thrill ride, etc.
                                Wait wait wait...I love Dark rides...I'm just tired of them being made on the cheap...like Buzz...Pooh and Monsters....thats all

I'd be up for the ride if it used NEWER AA's but it uses old tech from the 50's that just does not hold up as well as older effects on say Pirates or HM

I can forgive older rides because they are old but if you make newer dark rides make it more then just a retelling with static figures...I think that's fair
                                Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

That whole area of Hollywood Pictures Backlot is ripe for a good E ticket, maybe even two!

Muppets 3D is great because it's the Muppets, but it's rarely even more than a quarter full whenever I go. All those shuttered food areas, and Monster's Inc could be bulldozed and we could really have another hit attraction.

Comment

The ride is terrific. It's one of the best, if not THE best *looking* dark ride in the entire resort. Very well crafted. What they've done with it's land though makes it stick out like a sore thumb. Something needs to give back there.

I'm a big fan of the muppets as a show, but I'm not a big fan of the muppet vision 3d attraction. Especially that annoying 3d creature. But this plus Monsters Inc. plus the Mad T Party, or whatever other future rave like party they plan to put back there just doesn't mix. To make matters worse, you have all that...structure...just looking vacant and hollow during the day. It's just not right.

Something has to give...
                                    Last edited by disneylandreport; 08-25-2012, 03:47 PM.

For some some great trip reports, features and reviews, please check out http://www.thedisneylandreport.com.

Comment

Originally posted by disneylandreport View Post
                                      The ride is terrific. It's one of the best, if not THE best *looking* dark ride in the entire resort. Very well crafted. What they've done with it's land though makes it stick out like a sore thumb. Something needs to give back there.

I'm a big fan of the muppets as a show, but I'm not a big fan of the muppet vision 3d attraction. Especially that annoying 3d creature. But this plus Monsters Inc. plus the Mad T Part, or whatever other future rave like party they plant to put back there just doesn't mix. To make matters worse, you have all that...structure...just looking vacant and hollow during the day. It's just not right.

Something has to give...
                                      this

Comment

and fwiw, I'm also a fan of Mad T Party. I don't envy Disney on this one.

For some some great trip reports, features and reviews, please check out http://www.thedisneylandreport.com.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X