This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Disneyland Honeymoon Advice... from Hardcore Disneyland Fans

Woohoo! I'm so glad that I found this forum. I am having such a good time reading all the posts here.

Because of you wonderful people, I also discovered that PhotoPass Plus this morning, which I REALLY think is going to enhance our Honeymoon in October! I just switched our character dining to Goofy's Kitchen so we can really cash in on that PP+ card!

I've read lots of posts about Disneyland Honeymoons in the past. And I have the standard stuff covered- lunch reservations at the BB, Dinner at CC and Napa Rose, Fantasmic Dessert Package (Need to call about that in a couple weeks).

But as hardcore DLR fans...What advice do you have to impart? What would you make sure to do if it was your honeymoon in Disneyland?

It could be stuff like..."Make sure to take a picture here..." "Take time to sit here and soak in the moment..."

I sure do appreciate your responses in advanced. How special it is that you can help make our Disneymoon even more magical!

Re: Disneyland Honeymoon Advice... from Hardcore Disneyland Fans

Buy every single photo opportunity at the rides and the photographers. Create an album of your memories. It can sit next to your wedding album.

Comment

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! Our anniversary is in October. Great month! You might check to see if the Lilly Belle is out the days you are there and check at the Main Street Train Station EARLY to see if you can get a ride. Don't forget to mention it is your honeymoon!

Get your Just Married or Happily Ever After buttons at City Hall to wear.

Ride the Mark Twain at dusk and pretend you are on a cruise for 2 down the River.

Have fun and enjoy the special time together!
      sigpic
      Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

I am a sucker for the fireworks, so I would get there early, grab a bench in front of the castle and cozy up to soak in the moment and enjoy the fireworks.

Pictures: Don't be shy about asking guests to snap photos of you two either. Memories are important! I agree with StevenW, make an album! I have used this system (Video shows a family album at Disney World but you get the idea) Project Life 2012: Disney Edition!! - YouTube and I LOVE how easy it is. Becky Higgins - Products

Comment

A honeymoon kiss during the end of world of color.

Comment

Get a picture of you two kissing with the fireworks in the background

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
            "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
            "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

Comment

An after-dark ride on the Storybook Canal boats...one of the most over-looked attractions, but so sweet and romantic at night. You could probably even get a boat to yourselves if you asked for a special "honeymoon cruise"

Be sure to let all the restaurants where you're dining know it's your honeymoon -- they're always so sweet about making celebrations special.

If you ride the Mark Twain riverboat, go up top right away and let the pilot know it's your honeymoon and ask to be be seated in the wheelhouse (and receive a souvenir pilot certificate upon your exit)

Have a couple's silhouette created at the studio on Main Street (way classier than those caricature portraits...something you might actually display). They do an amazing job.

Of course there are the bride and groom Mickey/Minnie ears

World of Color (you should be able to get priority seating with one of your dinners)

Congratulations and have a lovely wedding and an AMAZING Disneymoon!

Comment

To add onto emwhysee's comment, talk to the cast member BEFORE getting on the Mark Twain, and ask to ride in the wheel house. Once you're on the boat, it may be too late.

Also, just a general statement. Don't try to rush too much to see and do everything. One of the best parts of a honeymoon is just being together and enjoying each other. Of course there's no better place to do this than Disneyland. But rather than rushing from ride to ride, enjoy walking hand-in-hand along the Rivers of America, or down Main Street. Enjoy the ducks in the ponds or castle moat. Space Mountain may be an exciting ride, but there's something peaceful and quaint about riding a horsedrawn trolly. Later on down the line, it's the moment together on the trolly you'll likely remember and cherish.

Have a wonderful honeymoon, and post lots of pictures here!
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

I would walk across the Sleeping Beauty Castle drawbridge, slowly and take pictures along the way. Then walk over to the Snow White Grotto and make a wish at the Wishing Well.
                  I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

no one has seemed to mention taking a photo on the new orleans staircase. Not sure if they let guests walk up there to take photos but maybe you guys can talk with Disney at Town Hall or something about meeting with a Disney photopass photographer to do it for free at a certain time.

Comment

Watch the fireworks by IASW. They're massive there and very few people go over there. Very romantic.
                      This might be a little more adult, but look into getting the Frontierland suite at the DL Hotel. There's a gorgeous copper tub in the same room as the bed. Strikes me more as a honeymoon suite than a family one.
                      Congratulations and I hope you have a wonderful time
                      Oo-de-lally!

Comment

Go to City Hall and get buttons saying it's your honeymoon. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Thank you all so much for your thoughtful responses! We are staying in the Grand Californian, which has always been a dream of mine.

Comment

We spent a couple of days at Disneyland on our honeymoon (25 years ago). I agree with those who have advised you to just take your time - and enjoy the environment more than just trying to do the rides. The whole resort is so magical at night. Get a great coffee drink from the Starbucks in DCA after dark, find a comfy bench on Buena Vista street (or some other spot) and just soak it all in. Have a great honeymoon!

Comment

Since you mentioned you're staying at the Grand Californian, try to find the time to relax in the lobby. If you can, be there for the piano player. It's relaxing, and tranquil. Perhaps you and your new spouse can have a nice romantic dance to the pianist playing "Beauty and the Beast" or "Bella Note."
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Also consider the couple's services at Mandara Spa at the Grand Californian. I had the best massage and facial of my existence there a couple of months ago, so I highly recommend it (just don't make the mistake I did and forget to drink LOTS of water).
                                Signature courtesy of Poisonedapples

Comment

Slow down.

Normally, I like to hit theme parks non-stop. As a backpacker, I'm used to walking 8 hours a day, so when I hit a theme park, I'm moving non-stop. If I was going to hit DL for a honeymoon, I'd slow down and take more time soaking it all in.

I'd also opt to go during a holiday season since the parks usually have a different look and feel to them. Do you guys like Halloween or Christmas? Would any of those themes be more memorable?

In other words, give yourself an extra day or two and let the trip be special. Don't try to hit everything all at once. Take time to enjoy nice meals. And give yourself some time to relax.

The toughest question I'd have is whether to stay on property or not. I'm not a huge fan of Disney beds, but they're better at DL than at WDW.

Finally, loosen your purse strings a little and spend. In future vacations, you can have a super budget and rush to get everything done in a few days. For a honeymoon, live a little and try out experiences that you normally wouldn't do for a typical vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by lunarsongbird View Post
                                    Thank you all so much for your thoughtful responses! We are staying in the Grand Californian, which has always been a dream of mine.
                                    If you haven't already and still can do so, upgrade to Concierge Level service. It's pricy but definitely a great time. Then boldly tell the concierge staff it's your honeymoon. Who know what that could open up.
                                    I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

You should just start randomly dancing in the Grand Californian lobby to "Beauty and the Beast."

Comment

If you are going in October, be sure to go to a Halloween Party! Dress up in a couples costume. So much fun! Also find someone that can get you into the Club 33 Sunday Brunch. We had 1 on 1 time with mickey and pluto!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X