Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many different animals are there in Pirates of the Caribbean?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] How many different animals are there in Pirates of the Caribbean?

We enjoyed a very light Saturday morning at Disneyland with walk on lines until noon. On Pirates, I told my 7-year-old son to keep an eye out for things he hadn't noticed before. One thing that jumped out at us once we passed the fort was the large number of chickens in the ride. So I suggested we try to count the number of different animals in the ride (Donkeys, dogs, cats, pigs, etc.)

The idea came a little too late to get an accurate count. And we had a date with Indy right after that anyway. But has anybody else here attempted to count things in the ride like that? How many hats? How many women? If real, what do you think the treasure pile would be worth on the market today?

All I know is there are a LOT of chickens. I wonder why so many?

Re: How many different animals are there in Pirates of the Caribbean?

"53 audio-animatronic animals and birds."

--Wikipedia.

Comment

. . . if crab is in the house.

Comment

I saw the total in Wikipedia too. I was wondering what the breakdown was. And if you consider insects animals, does that 53 include the fireflies?

Comment

"57 animals."

--Pirates of the Caribbean Wiki

I don't have any breakdown; I wouldn't consider the fireflies to be AAs, which is what the number siginfies.

Comment

Debbie Downer Noise - YouTube

Comment

I wonder if the count the frogs and peepers and stuff you hear in the bayou scene.
              Other than that, I can think of:
              Dogs
              Cat
              Parrot
              Donkey
              Pigs
              Chickens (not counting Carlos)
              Goat

Comment

Originally posted by ttintagel View Post
                I wonder if the count the frogs and peepers and stuff you hear in the bayou scene.
                Other than that, I can think of:
                Dogs
                Cat
                Parrot
                Donkey
                Pigs
                Goat
                Also, the seagull nesting atop the first appearing skeleton's hat in the caves... and nearby that the crab that someone else mentioned.

Comment

There's an alligator in the bayou scene at the beginning. Someone mentioned fireflies earlier that didn't make the list if you want to count insects.

Comment

If you want to be biologically correct, then insects are indeed members of the family Animalia. They, along with crabs, are a type of invertebrate animals called arthropods. So if you're counting all representations of non-human animals in Pirates, you have to count the fireflies.

Comment

Well there's insects, an alligator, seagull, crab, chickens, mules, dogs, cats, pigs, parrots...well that's all I can think of so far.

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
                      "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
                      "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

Comment

Originally posted by ttintagel View Post
                        Goat
                        Well played. But then again, he's not. He takes his dunking like a man!

For some some great trip reports, features and reviews, please check out http://www.thedisneylandreport.com.

Comment

This might amuse some of you, but since the lighting was so dim and my eyesight was really bad when I was little I used to think the jug bottles in the water were turtles. :sweat::roll:

Comment

Originally posted by disneylandreport View Post
                            Well played. But then again, he's not. He takes his dunking like a man!
                            Glad someone else caught the Carlos reference!

Comment

No one mention the rat eyes going up the waterfall part. Maybe 12 set of eyes?
                              I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X