This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] deluxe or premium pssport

I am going to be getting an annual passport to Disneyland and was wondering if paying the extra $200 for a premium over a deluxe passport was worth it? I am not that worried about the blockout dates, because those are usually busy time periods I wouldn't be going to DLR and I usually don't need parking, so would it be worth getting the premium over the deluxe?
    The only major difference I see (since i don't need parking and don't care about the blockouts) would be the hotel discounts, are the hotel discount rates worth it? I also saw a little bit of a difference in the merchandise discounts, but would it be worth spending $200 more just to get the hotel discounts and the small percentage more off merchandise?
    Thanks for any advice people give

Re: deluxe or premium pssport

I am seriously considering converting our parkhoppers to an AP this October and I am going deluxe. I also don't need parking and blockout dates don't bother me as I prefer to go when the park is less crowded anyway. And really there aren't that many dates blocked out in the grand scheme of things. For me, personally, it is not worth the extra $$$.
    I wish I had a cool signature to insert here, but I don't.

Comment

I have a premium pass, and for me the blockout days seem to be lighter. I noticed it this year. This could be the effect of the APs in Disneyland, but just me.

I can't speak for the hotel rooms, as I live close to Disneyland.

One thing I would also base it on is if your friends and family have passes too. If so, you should get the one that matches theirs (or the next one up). That way, you don't run into any issues with people not going because of being blocked out.

I'd also think about when you see yourself going. Double check the blockout-dates of deluxe and think about if you'd be ok with not going on those dates.

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
      Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
      Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
      Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

Comment

Thats what I am going to do this fall, get the parkhopper and use the magic morning, then before we go home, I'll exchange and pay the difference for the passport. I think I'll go deluxe too, it's great to have the passport (since in one year i'll go down a couple times and it saves on entrance fees) but I don't need to spend the extra money for things on the premium I don't need. Have a great trip in October

Comment

Originally posted by dec05mouselover View Post
          Thats what I am going to do this fall, get the parkhopper and use the magic morning, then before we go home, I'll exchange and pay the difference for the passport. I think I'll go deluxe too, it's great to have the passport (since in one year i'll go down a couple times and it saves on entrance fees) but I don't need to spend the extra money for things on the premium I don't need. Have a great trip in October
          Thank you! I hope we will and I hope to get lots of use out of our AP's in the following 12 month period! My two little stinkers better appreciate this! :-)
          I wish I had a cool signature to insert here, but I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by tensixmom View Post
            Thank you! I hope we will and I hope to get lots of use out of our AP's in the following 12 month period! My two little stinkers better appreciate this! :-)
            I have a premium pass but I take advantage of the parking and store discounts so its well worth it for me . If you don't plan on going in the summer, and not parking there you should def just do deluxe.
            Check Out my Instagram - http://instagram.com/bradinsocal

Comment

Another option is to buy deluxe passes for everyone except one person to buy the premium. Then you can get all the premium discounts on the one pass while saving yourself the dollars on everyone else's deluxes.

Comment

Originally posted by dec05mouselover View Post
                ...would it be worth spending $200 more just to get the hotel discounts and the small percentage more off merchandise?
                Any AP will get the same hotel discount. If blackouts and parking are not factors, you would save money with a deluxe.

Comment

Originally posted by ShelbyH View Post
                  Another option is to buy deluxe passes for everyone except one person to buy the premium. Then you can get all the premium discounts on the one pass while saving yourself the dollars on everyone else's deluxes.
                  This

Comment

I'd go with the lower pass....really if you have a few friends you go with and split parking it should only cost you less then 60 bucks a year in parking (each) and unless someone is willing to help upgrade my AP to get parking for 150...I think it's worth it just to split it...that's my plan for next year
                    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I bought the family (wife, son and myself) all Deluxe AP's. Since we live in Ca we can pay monthly for them and it came out to just $75 a month for all of us. We have been a total of 7 days between two trips this year and it has already paid for itself. We are going again in Nov before Thanksgiving and staying at the Disneyland Hotel. We dont go during the blackouts but we usually would travel those days anyway. I say the Deluxe is well worth the money.

Comment

It depends on your scheduled times to go. I work all week so for us we went premium, as the only days I can go are Saturday and Sundays. Sundays are usually busier then Saturdays (probably due to the block outs) and I do better spending a day on Saturday and having a day to recover before going back to work.

Comment

Originally posted by ShelbyH View Post
                          If you aren't local and aren't going to be going all that often, the deluxe is fine. But I think if you are local, at least one person in the family should have the premium because the parking discount and the extra 5% on food will really start to add up in savings.

Comment

I know it's not supposed to be this way, but the days when all passes except premium are blocked out are the best days to go in terms of crowds. If you get a deluxe, try to go when both So Cal APs are blocked out.
                            sigpic
                            Fluffy Club Member

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X