This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Bread/Rolls at Blue Bayou

I forgot to ask my server when I was there last month but I figure someone here will probably know: Where do the marvelous crusty rolls at Blue Bayou come from? Are they from La Brea Bakery? I could have made a meal out of those alone. They were HEAVENLY. (I normally don't eat white bread so they were a real treat for me). I figure they can't possibly bake them in the Blue Bayou kitchen. And most importantly, are they available for purchase separately? I'd eat a whole bag!!!
    I wish I had a cool signature to insert here, but I don't.

Re: Bread/Rolls at Blue Bayou

I believe Disneyland has a Bakery on-site.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Comment

Last time I ate there I had like 3 rolls. They are pretty good.
      Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

i can't answer your question, because i've never been there... but i know what u mean about the 'treat' of white bread, lol. we're going to the BB on our last day of our disney trip (in 2 weeks) i am SOOOO excited... i almost don't care what i order for dinner, if i can have the rolls!

Comment

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Disne...nia+92802&z=20

Comment

Those rolls are out of control. I can never get out of the Blue Bayou without eating at least three. Oh, and rolls + gumbo are probably the most killer combination ever. Sounds so good right now! It's probably a good thing that they aren't readily available... Glad to know I'm not the only one who obsesses over them.

Comment

Originally posted by Avaren View Post
              i can't answer your question, because i've never been there... but i know what u mean about the 'treat' of white bread, lol. we're going to the BB on our last day of our disney trip (in 2 weeks) i am SOOOO excited... i almost don't care what i order for dinner, if i can have the rolls!
              There were two of us for lunch... and 4 rolls. My friend was kind and generous enough to let me eat three of them and let me tell you, had I KNOWN, I would have asked for an extra basket! They were heavenly and such a treat.

Still haven't found out if they are available for purchase anywhere else or whether any other NOS eateries have the SAME ONES.
              I wish I had a cool signature to insert here, but I don't.

Comment

When I went in March there were two of us and we went through two baskets of rolls. You just have to ask your server and they'll bring you more.
                Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

along with the cute and yummy balls of butter urgh its so fattening yet so heavenly

Comment

Not that restaurants want you to know this but here is a little fact. Because making bread is intensive work, most restaurants use thaw and serve or parbaked bread. It comes prebaked and you just warm it up or finish baking it. They don't actually use flour and rolling pins.

Not saying that this is how the Blue Bayou bread is, but it may be.
                    Be Cool Stay in School!
                    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X