X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • at_ease
    New MiceChatter
    • Nov 2008

[Question] Happiest Haunts Tour: Worth it?

Hi everyone,

We have an upcoming trip to Disneyland next month and I noticed the Happiest Haunts tour that is offered.
    The blurb on the Disney parks blog is a little vague, so I thought asking the experts would be a good idea.

I'm a Haunted mansion geek and I'm hoping this tour would be right up my alley.

Any thoughts on the tour?

Thanks!
  • swampymarsh
    Under that tree again!
    • Nov 2011

Re: Happiest Haunts Tour: Worth it?

Are you a HM Geek as in your love it? Do you love it so much you are a Disneyland trivia buff? This tour is not focused on the Haunted Mansion but does include it.

You do go on a handful of rides which wil include ToT, SM GG and HMH. And probably a few others, last year they included LM on mine which was probably because it was new so maybe something in Cars Land this year? With ToT and Space included does all of your party make the height minimumof 40"? Also will you have a park hopper of AP to access both parks? Best thing was we didn't wait for these rides which Space and HM had massive lines.

You do get a good bit of trivia, some about the park but mostly about Halloween orientated things. It's light hearted fun, not spooky. A little more adult orientate than for children but sutiable for both.

ETA:
    I looked at the blog and noticed a couple things that indicate changes.
    It mentions Disneyland Park admission only.
    It say 42" height minimum which means it may include the Matterhorn.
    Disneyland Resort Guided Tours: Disney
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

• at_ease
      New MiceChatter
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
      Are you a HM Geek as in your love it? Do you love it so much you are a Disneyland trivia buff? This tour is not focused on the Haunted Mansion but does include it.

You do go on a handful of rides which wil include ToT, SM GG and HMH. And probably a few others, last year they included LM on mine which was probably because it was new so maybe something in Cars Land this year? With ToT and Space included does all of your party make the height minimumof 40"? Also will you have a park hopper of AP to access both parks? Best thing was we didn't wait for these rides which Space and HM had massive lines.

You do get a good bit of trivia, some about the park but mostly about Halloween orientated things. It's light hearted fun, not spooky. A little more adult orientate than for children but sutiable for both.
      HM Geek as in love it, I like bits of trivia along with the love of the mansion but it's been my favorite ride since going when I was 9.
      No kids, just the BF and I would be on the tour so it wouldn't be a problem there. We'd have hoppers, my AP expired in June and I don't think we'll be out there a ton this year.
      I like the sound of it so far. It's possible to skip rides right? SM doesn't like me very much heh.

Thanks for the info!

Comment

• swampymarsh
        Under that tree again!
        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by at_ease View Post
        No kids, just the BF and I would be on the tour so it wouldn't be a problem there. We'd have hoppers, my AP expired in June and I don't think we'll be out there a ton this year.
        I like the sound of it so far. It's possible to skip rides right? SM doesn't like me very much heh.
        To answer your questions, I'm not possitive but I imagine you could skip a ride it you needed to. When I went there were only bigger kids and adults so we could all ride and I didn't notice anyone skip out on anything. Have you been on Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy? It's the same ride if it bothers your stomach, but a different experience that adds a lot of fun. Maybe you would like to try or not.

Since you mention going with your BF, taking part in this tour could be a really fun date type activity. I'd recommend it based on that. I

If you are doing a party it's a discounted option to book the Ultimate package which includes tour and party. Some savings over paying for each seperate. Plus because of crowds and getting in rides with no wait this tour is awesome to do during the evening when crowds area insance.

And one off topic thing. Since you have Hoppers, will you get to DLR enough to make an AP worthwhile? If you would like you can upgrade your Hoppers to APs on this visit. You do it at the ticket booth before the end of the last day your hopper is good. You pay the difference between the hopper cost and AP price. Even if the AP you want is blocked out on the day you upgrade, you can still acess the park with that AP. If you are already in $200 deep, and see yourself going a time or two in the next 365 days it might be an option.
        Be Cool Stay in School!

Comment

• zsiq
          New MiceChatter
          • Apr 2007

I have done the tour three times now and loved it each time! Two years ago it was with just my wife and last year I took my two oldest kids on two separate nights. I will probably do it again this year. We had people in our group that skipped rides, but you should really ride SM with the Ghost Galaxy Overlay! It is really cool! Without giving too much away I have to disagree as with the second poster as I feel that it ties the HM in nicely. The tour is certainly not all about the haunted mansion, but it is included and if it remains as it has for the past two years there is a pretty good tie in to the HM. Both kids loved the tour (5 and 10) and I agree that it would be a great "date night" activity even if there are other peoples kids along for the ride.

Comment

• CSei2011
            Disney Obsessed
            • May 2011

Price?

Comment

• swampymarsh
              Under that tree again!
              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by CSei2011 View Post
              Price?
              You can call for this year's price. 714-781-TOUR (8687)

Last year i think it was about $70, but I did the Ultimate Package which was the tour plus Mickey's Halloween Party and it was about $110.

If you have an AP you could get 20% off the tour and of course on Tuesdays lower priced ticket to the party. That may save more than the Ultimate Experience Package.
              Be Cool Stay in School!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X