This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Paradise Pier Hotel now, after refurb

We are staying there in a couple weeks, stayed there before the refurb.

Has anyone stayed recently. Good, bad, ok?

Would love to read some feedback!

thanks in advance

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Re: Paradise Pier Hotel now, after refurb

Just stayed there 2 weeks ago & I loved the hotel. Better than I remember as I haven't stayed there since 2006. The room was always clean and I found the theme to be very fun and appropriate for summer. They have a lot of cute beach themed objects around the room that was perfect for the summer weather and the room still looked very comforting. The view of DCA is even better than before. We reversed the couch towards the window and very often just sat and watch the park. The hotel isn't grand like GCH, but it's still a great hotel with a fun beach theme for the rooms. It was actually my favorite stay out of all of our trips, even though I've been staying at the DLH & GCH since 2007. They were doing construction on the area right by the pool though. If I had the pool view I would of had probably like the hotel a bit less. Try to recommend a park view if you can.

Comment

That's nice to hear. We will be staying there next month for the Orange County Children's Book Fair!
      sigpic
      Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

I'm staying at the Paradise Pier for the first time in October so this is good to hear.
        I stayed at the Disneyland Hotel in 2008 and wasn't all that impressed. I had a lovely view of the employee parking lot and was in the oldest tower. But in all fairness, they hadn't finished the remodel so I'm sure it's a lot better now than it was 4 years ago.
        Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

I was there 2 weeks ago as well. We were upgraded to a 13th floor park view room for our 15th anniversary. It was great. We have stayed there twice before in standard rooms. They were nice, but the view room was excellent. The rooms themselves are very beach themed. I love the addition of the beach ball pillows. My kids had a lot of fun with them.

One tip, walk through the GC to get where your going. Don't do the DTD walk. It is very long, especially after a day at the park.

Comment

Walking through Downtown Disney always felt long to me. I felt like my walk to a good neighbor hotel was shorter than the walk to a Disney hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by chiefyouth View Post
              One tip, walk through the GC to get where your going. Don't do the DTD walk. It is very long, especially after a day at the park.
              Doing this walk makes the PPH closer than the DLH when you measure the walking time.

Cross the street at the northwest corner of the PPH, and then take the sidewalk along the driveway into the GCH. Go in the front doors and make a left. Then go strait and out into DTD to get to Disneyland Park, or make a right along the backside of the huge lobby follow the signs to Disney California Adeventure using the special GCH entrance. Do it in resverse on the return. Once inside the GCH you will find signs directing you to the parks. If you are going to Carsland in the morning, go to the regulra DCA gates and you can beat the guests at the special GCH gate.
              Be Cool Stay in School!
              Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

I stay there several times a year and prefer it to the other Disney hotels. It has BY FAR the most convenient parking, PCH Grill is a nice place to relax and have an affordable meal and the rooms are light and refreshing.

One thing to bear in mind. If you are planning on hitting an Early Morning Extra Magic Hour, the elevators can take up to 45 minutes. If you don't have a lot to carry and aren't on a high floor, take the stairs.
                If not, the trick is to push the UP button and ride the elevator all the way up, then back down.

Their normal function is to go to the highest floor first, then work their way back down. They get filled on the top floor immediately and then stop at every single floor on the way down. You get the angry "hate you" stares from everyone each time the doors open and it is filled. This can save you a lot of time.

Fact: before I figured this out, it took us 50 minutes to get an elevator from the 6th floor. We completely missed the early morning hour and it was the longest line we had all day.
                Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
                You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
                Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
                Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
                Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

Comment

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
                  Doing this walk makes the PPH closer than the DLH when you measure the walking time.

Cross the street at the northwest corner of the PPH, and then take the sidewalk along the driveway into the GCH. Go in the front doors and make a left. Then go strait and out into DTD to get to Disneyland Park, or make a right along the backside of the huge lobby follow the signs to Disney California Adeventure using the special GCH entrance. Do it in resverse on the return. Once inside the GCH you will find signs directing you to the parks. If you are going to Carsland in the morning, go to the regulra DCA gates and you can beat the guests at the special GCH gate.
                  If memory serves, when we stayed, the floor we were on, had two elevators side-by-side, and we always pressed both, usually had a ride within a few minutes.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

Here's my opinion,

If you have any extra money I would stay at the Disneyland Hotel or the Grand. I feel like the Paradise does indeed have a nice overlook of DCA, but it just doesn't have that Disney feel to me. I've stayed at nice properties off site for cheaper then what Paradise offers.
                    Jeff Wayne

Comment

The only reason I am staying at Paradise Pier is because of the military promotion. That was the best deal I could get with the hotel discount. 2 nights for under $400 wasn't bad for a Disney Resort hotel, imo. I researched for my 5-day trip in March and a 6-night stay with a 5-day Park Hopper at the Grand Californian was close to $2500.

Comment

Originally posted by DrFink View Post
                        Walking through Downtown Disney always felt long to me. I felt like my walk to a good neighbor hotel was shorter than the walk to a Disney hotel.
                        I miss the tram that used to run from the Disneyland Hotel to the park entrance.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
                          Here's my opinion,

If you have any extra money I would stay at the Disneyland Hotel or the Grand. I feel like the Paradise does indeed have a nice overlook of DCA, but it just doesn't have that Disney feel to me. I've stayed at nice properties off site for cheaper then what Paradise offers.
                          We really could NOT constitute the "extra money". That "extra money" = meals. We have stayed at off site hotels many times in the past, but got spoiled last time. It would be dificult to stay at a "regular" hotel. But this is a very special trip, could likely be the last time our whole family visits and stays together at the resort.

-Walt Disney

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X