This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Question for pin traders!

My wife and I will be in Disneyland next week. We have made some t-shirts and I decided we needed to make Ellie badges from Disney Pixar's Up! There is a real easy how to online at My Own Road: Up! Party: DIY "Ellie Badge" and printable Wilderness Explorer Badges

So here is a photo, we made about 15 of them because it's easy to do a bunch at once. I still have the materials for another 20 or so. My intention was to just give them to anyone who asks, but I got to thinking about pin trading.

My question is this, would pin traders be interested in them? I know they are not store bought Disney, nor collector quality really. But when I see someone with 120 pins d over their neck I can't help but think they would love an Ellie badge on there.

Maybe I can start a pin collection of my own trading these guys for them I also made a Ellie badge tag for my dog whom also happens to be named Ellie (obligatory photo below)

Re: Question for pin traders!

Disney already makes a pin of the Ellie badge. If you wanted to give them away, I can't imagine that'd be a problem. You cannot, however, trade these for pins. There's actually a set of guidelines for pin trading. And honestly, trading these, which you likely made for cents on the dollar, for $6+ pins is a little questionable. :/

Edit: Here is the official set of guidelines for pin trading.
    Last edited by ohmyjustin; 08-29-2012, 12:08 PM.

Comment

While techinically they aren't tradable, maybe other guests will offer to trade for them if they'd like. I would not suggest that you suggest making trades.

You can't sell things in the parks, but can give them away.
      Be Cool Stay in School!
      Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Like the others have said. You cannot trade these onto to Castmember lanyards. You could trade them to other people in the park. Will people want them? Probably, but I would expect to really only get cheap pins in return. One thing I would not do is let people know how many you have. I would only take a two or 3 out at a time. Also do let anyone interested know that you made them and they are not Disney official pins.

Comment

My fiance made these as wedding favors for our wedding this coming may, it is her favorite movie. As the rest said don't try to pass them off as real Disney pins as that would not be good. OP did you use a hammer to pierce the holes on the side? My fiance wants to make some more for friends and we were hoping for an easier way to do it. Thanks

Comment

I agree with the above posts. These are great for giving away but especially since Disney has produced an "official" Disney pin Ellie Badge, I wouldn't expect many pin traders to want to make a trade for them.

Comment

Uhm I want one! lol I would trade a pin probably if I was a pin trader. I just collect pins though.. memento's of each trip or Ariel pins lol

Comment

I think giving them away would be a neat way to share Disney magic! I've heard of other people giving away pins (not those ones, granted) to CMs who helped make their day special.

Of course, if a pin trader requested one and you explained it's homemade (just like the pin from the movie!) then trading to them is great.
                Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X