Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know about the Calender Delay? Park Hours?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Anyone know about the Calender Delay? Park Hours?

I'm going to DL on Oct. 9th, 10th and 11th. I've heard that the calender is accurate up to 6 weeks in advance. So here we are at the end of August, which would mean the calender would be up to date thru mid October, right? I'm wanting to make dinner reservations but, not until I get official park hours.

Does anyone know why there is such a delay? I do know that DL closes early on the 9th for Mickey's Halloween Party Other than that I have no official info at all. I'm also seeing different refurb schedules on different sites. I looked at the DL calender, but am wondering just how accurate it is considering it hasn't been updated.

Anyone know what's up?

Re: Anyone know about the Calender Delay? Park Hours?

I made lots of dining reservations for our stay October 14-17th. The reservations team had all the hours of the parks and times of the shows.

Comment

The calendar seems (to me) to be updated automatically every day. It adds infomation about the day a month from then.
      So, someone (whoever maintains the unpublished calendar that the new data come from) knows what the hours will be. Subject to change, of course.

It's been a while since it showed six weeks. Couple of years, I think.

Just check last year. That should give you a reasonable idea about the park hours. Only difference might be a one-time private party shuts a park down early.

Comment

I have been consistently looking at the calendar seeing that I will be there October 2-4 and for the past couple weeks the schedule has been stuck at September 29th. I don't know what the deal is. Hopefully by the time September 1st rolls around they will have the schedules updated.
        Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

The list of refurb rides has been inconsistent (and still is). I really am at the point where I will just cross my fingers and hope as many rides are open as possible for my stay in SoCal.

Comment

Originally posted by lunarsongbird View Post
            I made lots of dining reservations for our stay October 14-17th. The reservations team had all the hours of the parks and times of the shows.
            I tried calling two restaurants to make reservations, and no one was able to answer questions regarding octobers schedule. As a matter of fact , I was told they were still waiting on it themselves.

---------- Post added 08-30-2012 at 02:50 AM ----------

Originally posted by DrFink View Post
            I have been consistently looking at the calendar seeing that I will be there October 2-4 and for the past couple weeks the schedule has been stuck at September 29th. I don't know what the deal is. Hopefully by the time September 1st rolls around they will have the schedules updated.
            That's what I'm hoping too.

Comment

Maybe they're closing the parks. Forever.

Is that Observed Columbus Day Monday?
              Last year DL was open 8AM until Midnight.
              Tuesday DL was open 8AM-6PM (mickey party? Calendar doesn't note it.)
              Wednesday DL was open 8AM - 8PM.
              (Source: old MP DL Updates.)

Without any other information, I'm guessing the hours will be pretty close to that.
              DCA will be very different from last year, due to its being a real park now instead of just a wooden one.

Comment

Im in the same boat im there 10-1-12 to 10-5-12 and still no hours but if i rember right had the dame problem 2 years ago i wont worie tell tuesday the 4th lets get thru the holiday weekend

Comment

The official calendar has been updated through Oct 11. (My trip is the 13th and 14th - ugh!)

Park Hours & Calendar | Disneyland Resort
                  -Tennor-
                  http://www.AnnaLiberty.Wordpress.com

Comment

Interesting, through that date still doesn't have Big Thunder listed as a refurb....that either makes me happy or worried that even though it's not listed under my trip dates (sep 21-23) it might still go down....ugh it's my favorite ride and I'm pushing this trip forward so I can get on it at least one more time before it goes down. Especially since it looks like, due to the price hike and grad school getting intense, this may be the last year for a long while that I can renew my season pass
                    sigpic

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Comment

Originally posted by MarenBoBarren View Post
                      Interesting, through that date still doesn't have Big Thunder listed as a refurb....that either makes me happy or worried that even though it's not listed under my trip dates (sep 21-23) it might still go down....ugh it's my favorite ride and I'm pushing this trip forward so I can get on it at least one more time before it goes down. Especially since it looks like, due to the price hike and grad school getting intense, this may be the last year for a long while that I can renew my season pass
                      From what I understood the Thunder Mountain refurb got postponed until January 2013. They are doing Indiana Jones this year instead.

And it looks like I will have to try for World of Color on the 2nd or 3rd. It's not listed for October 4th. I wonder why.

Comment

Originally posted by DrFink View Post
                        From what I understood the Thunder Mountain refurb got postponed until January 2013. They are doing Indiana Jones this year instead.

And it looks like I will have to try for World of Color on the 2nd or 3rd. It's not listed for October 4th. I wonder why.
                        Oh really??? I didn't hear about the postponement haha....makes sense to have two major rides not be down at the same time for sure!....Indy definitely needs the love first
                        sigpic

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Comment

Originally posted by MarenBoBarren View Post
                          Oh really??? I didn't hear about the postponement haha....makes sense to have two major rides not be down at the same time for sure!....Indy definitely needs the love first
                          There is a thread about the Fall/Winter refurbs. It was posted that Indy was getting the refurb for like 4 months and Thunder Mountain gets it by January.

Comment

Originally posted by produceguy View Post
                            I'm going to DL on Oct. 9th, 10th and 11th...

Anyone know what's up?
                            Schedule is up through the 11th, just for you!

Comment

I just tried to look at the calender and October is not pulling up, it takes me back to August when I click next on September.

Comment

Originally posted by Nonsuch View Post
                                I'm not seeing it. Still the same.

Comment

October 1st to the 12th for those who can't view the schedule:

10/1
                                  DLR - 10am to 8pm
                                  DCA - 10am to 8pm

10/2
                                  DLR - 8am to 6pm
                                  DCA - 8am to 8pm

10/3
                                  DLR - 10am to 8pm
                                  DCA - 10am to 8pm

10/4
                                  DLR - 9am to 9pm
                                  DCA - 9am to 9pm

10/5
                                  DLR - 8am to 7pm
                                  DCA - 8am to 11pm

10/6
                                  DLR - 8am to 12am
                                  DCA - 8am to 11pm

10/7
                                  DLR - 8am to 12am
                                  DCA - 8am to 11pm

10/8
                                  DLR - 8am to 11pm
                                  DCA - 8am to 10pm

10/9
                                  DLR - 8am to 6pm
                                  DCA - 8am to 8pm

10/10
                                  DLR - 9am to 8pm
                                  DCA - 8am to 9pm

10/11
                                  DLR - 9am to 9pm
                                  DCA - 9am to 8pm

10/12
                                  DLR - 8am to 7pm
                                  DCA - 8am to 11pm

Comment

^Thanks DrFink. I'm able to see it now!

---------- Post added 08-31-2012 at 03:26 PM ----------

Originally posted by Nonsuch View Post
                                    Thanks for the notice Nonsuch!

Comment

No problem.

The only downside I see to October is the early closures for Mickey's Halloween Party, but there is always something going on.

Comment

I have managed to pull up the calender through the 12th, by clicking on the calender to the left.

Guess we need to find something to do after 8pm in downtown disney.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X