This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News No more added days to to a parkhopper

I just wanted to post this in case anyone was planning on doing this for their upcoming trip.You can no longer go to a ticket booth and add extra days.If you need longer than 5 days you will have to buy another ticket or by an AP.

Re: No more added days to to a parkhopper

That's crazy! I could easily spend 2 days at dca and 3 at DL(with maybe an extra morning at Cars Land). I'd love an extra 2 days for shopping/eating in the parks the days I arrive/leave. I wish they would at least make the SoCal discount a cal discount. Does Florida have a central Florida ONLY discount? SF Bay area companies like Pixar and ILM contribute greatly to the parks, and DCA celebrates our entire state. so yes, longer passes or California discounts.

Comment

Yeah....kinda werid...I mean it's a resort? (or at least they call it that) now people planning to be down in DCA for a week...may go buy 2 more days...but it's cheaper just to go to Universal and Knotts instead so that's what I'd to instead of having to pay 200 bucks again to reenter the park

Though I will say if you really need more then 5 days to see everything....you are either not spending enough time in the parks or doing something wrong because my friends as I do over 15-20 attractions on even the busiest days and we only go for 8 hours (not counting dinner eaten out side the parks)

Though the option still should be there for a resort
      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

It's not so much about needing 6 days, I want 6 days. We get to go, on average, every 2-3 years, and try to make the most of the time we have there. We do a lot of rides and attractions (I think 25 in one day was our record), but we would like to do that for 6 days!

The whole thing is disappointing to me.

Comment

^they should offer it.....and if you willing to go away from Disney Knotts and Universal are pretty fun and cheap....and at least to me any way Universal is almost at par with Disney on the level of theming....
          Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I have been watching this very news evolve on a different website. At first you hope it isn't true, but then you realize as other people post, that it is indeed true.

I just hope that too many people don't arrive thinking that they can do this, and are then turned away. This could result in some pretty nasty confrontations at the ticket booth.

I myself have a trip coming up, and I am disappointed that I can't buy at least a 6 day. There is too big a jump between a 5 day parkhopper and an Annual Pass. I think Disneyland should at least sell a 7 day parkhopper. I can't believe they are asking people to make a jump of $87 for an addition day in one park, or $125 for an additional day Parkhopper, or a jump to an annual pass, which is an additional $179.

In the past parkhoppers were offered with decreasing increments as days were added, and now they reward their guests with larger ones?

---------- Post added 08-30-2012 at 05:35 PM ----------

Of course, we do all know that it is their business, and they can run it anyway that they want to. They appear to be doing just that.
            BarbaraAnn

Comment

It's a great business decision on Disney's part. Think about it. If a large number of guests rely on 6 day park hoppers, Disney stands to make a huge profit by eliminating that option and forcing their guests to buy 5 day park hoppers + 1 full day park hopper.

Granted, not all guests will do that. Many will just deal with the 5 day park hoppers (which now cost $20 more than the 6 day park hoppers I bought back in May).

They may have even made that move to limit how drastic their price increase was. It could have been a matter of "raise all ticket prices 17% or, get rid of the 6 day option, benefit from those who'll buy a 5 day + 1, and only increase ticket prices by 10%.

All these numbers are coming out of my bum... I have no idea what they are realistically.

It is important to remember that Disney Parks are businesses - They need to stay profitable.

Comment

Disneyland has just spent a lot of money fixing up DCA. This makes people want to visit more. People like me live 1/2 way across the country, and I want to visit for more days, not the same. In order to do that, I have to come up with more money than just a short time ago.

These decisions are not well advertised. The guests have instead been blindsided. There are still quite a lot of people who will expect to do this, and they won't be able to. This is what leaves a bad taste in many guests mouths.
                BarbaraAnn

Comment

This really saddens me We WERE going to get a 6 day park hopper originally, but by the time we were able to put money down for the vacation package, they only had 5 day ones available. We will be there 6 days and I'm not sure my fiance will want to shell out $200+ for one more day there >
                  "We find it delightfully unlivable here in this ghostly retreat. Every room has wall-to-wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills. Shhh, listen!"
                  -your host, your ghost host

Trips: 1992 1998 1999x2 2000 2007 2009 2011 2012 2014

Next Trip:
                  ???

On Friday, October 14th, 2011, my boyfriend of 5 years proposed to me under the tunnel, right before the Court of Angels
                  in Disneyland! Read my trip report about it here:http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/160167-dlr-mickeys-halloween-party-first-trip-report.html

Here is our honeymoon trip report from December 10th to the 15th 2012:http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...10th-15th.html

Comment

Blame the ticket renters & resellers.

Comment

Classic case of the wrong doings of others ruining it for everyone else. It's a shame but this is the world we live in.
                      Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

I don't remember if it was at Disneyland or Walt Disney World where we would book a package and get passes that were good for the length of stay.

it seems like some short sited thinking at Disney. I would think it is just extra money for Disney.

if it is the fear of ticket renters, make sure they register and sign the tickets before they leave the booth.

Comment

This may be a good "business decision" in terms of dollars and cents, but it is a lousy one in terms of good customer relations and loyalty. One of the hallmarks of Disney has been flexibility and going the extra mile to accomodate guests. Now they're going to needlessly alienate some people and drive them into the arms of the competition for the extra day or days that they wanted to add to their ticket. Nice move...
                          Last edited by disneyfann121; 08-30-2012, 08:39 PM.

Comment

As much as I dislike the fingerprint scanners, why not use those to deter renters and resellers? :/

Comment

Makes me glad that I was able to purchase our 6 day park hoppers for our trip in mid September before they stopped offering them after hearing this news.
                              The Chadwick's Online Photo & Video Galleries
                              DLR: 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015
                              DCL: Alaska Cruise Aboard Disney Wonder 2013
                              Planned Trip: DLR August 2018

Very Happy Disney Vacation Club Member Since 2010
                              270 Points at The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa

Comment

AS for the 6day tickets it makes sense for Disney. First on here its a VERY small pool of gsts who go to the park, so the one needing or wanting the 6days were in the minority, not many people stay for more then 4.

As for not selling them,when the ticket price increase came and people were told the 6 days were no longer being offered after june 14(here and on the web site if you booked a pkg with the WDTC), why didnt you put the 200 dollar deposit on the reservation. I realize 200 is still 200 and maybe you didnt have it at the time, but ill be certain you had your cell phone payment which is probably around 70 a month right, went out to dinner a few times that month, had a few starbucks coffees, it adds up.

You know what i had to do to spend 150 bucks which was the price for my 3 tickets to see the red sox when they were here the last 3 day? I Brought my lunch to work for 6 months straight, now i saved more then 150 bucks in that time but i hope you guys get the idea. If its something we/you want to do badly enough youll figure out what to do to get the money, you just have to sacrifice, a vacation isnt just a vacation, its an investment in entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by disneychrista View Post
                                  Blame the ticket renters & resellers.
                                  Blame them? Disney is practically driving business to their doorstep! If I can only purchase a five-day directly from Disney and want an extra day, I might be more easily tempted to rent it than pay a full day's entrance fee.

Comment

Of course there's truth and logic in learning how to save for what we want in life.

I don't think it's true that many people don't take weeklong vacations to Disneyland. I have only been going to Disneyland since 2005, but the first thing that I noticed was the gap in their ticket offerings. They had a smaller price gap back then however, which made the jump to an Annual Pass a little less shocking. Also a longer ticket could be had just for the asking, or when one booked a package, which I actually did in 2005.

I have saved for many a vacation, and have done my research before each and every one of them. In this case, I feel sorry for those people who are expecting things to still be one way, and now they aren't that way at all.

Advertisement is done for attracting the guest to new rides and attractions, but not done for new ticket policies.
                                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

This is not a good business decision. It's the out of town customers, who are supposedly the ones who spend so much money in the park compared to the APers, who will buy one less Disney hotel night and one less day of food and souvenirs in the park. I wouldn't scrimp and save for 6 months for that extra day when I feel I'm being ripped off. If they apparently want to discourage people from staying longer than 5 days, there are plenty of other places people can take their money on a 6th day, like their competitors. If this change is really due to reselling, why hasn't their wonderful legal dept gone after the resellers, or the sites that allow them to sell there?
                                      sigpic
                                      Fluffy Club Member

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Noty View Post
                                        AS for the 6day tickets it makes sense for Disney. First on here its a VERY small pool of gsts who go to the park, so the one needing or wanting the 6days were in the minority, not many people stay for more then 4.
                                        And you know this... how?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X