This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vinylmation - I don't get it.

I'll be honest, I don't get Vinylmation at all either. They don't seem at all visually or aesthetically pleasing or interesting to me--but obviously they appeal to others, so my opinion's just that--IMHO.

I think with anything, be it Vinylmation, pins, Beanie Babies, whatever, you always have the people who go all out and get *everything,* the ones who simply casually collect, and the ones who just can't see the appeal. It's how it goes.

I do have a pin collection, but I don't trade, I don't buy from anywhere other than the Disneyland shops, and I just buy maybe 5 pins a year. I started collecting pins in general years ago because they were small, portable and inexpensive.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

Vinylmation??? Pins ??? Could be worse. Duffy the bear and his never-ending collection of "outfits". At least Disney fans seem to be on to that money sucking (scam)...
      Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

Comment

There's nothing to "get." Different aesthetics appeal to different people, and always have. It's why two different people might decorate their houses in two different styles, or wear different types of jewelry.

Comment

Originally posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
          I have a friend whose parents are HUGE pin collectors. Literally, there are dozens of frames and display cases filled with pins as far as the eye can see, most of the frames themed around one theme (HM, HMH, Wonderland, the 50th Anniversary, etc.). Ironically - they think vinylmations are stupid.
          Yes but do they think Vinylmation pins are stupid? Haha

Facebook me!
          Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneylandTraveler View Post
            Vinylmation??? Pins ??? Could be worse. Duffy the bear and his never-ending collection of "outfits". At least Disney fans seem to be on to that money sucking (scam)...

Disney fans aren't onto the other money sinking scams apparently

Like I said before there really isn't anything to get people like collecting them nothing more to them than that. There is no secret it's like anything else anyone collects.
            These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
            My company had a special night at the park
            WdW trip report with WWoHP
            NYE 2011 trip report
            Mice Chat 7th anniversary
            Leap year 24 hour report
            New DCA trip report
            NYE 2012
            HKDL trip report

Comment

Whats to get? You like them or you don't. Just interests some people and not others.

http://www.amazon.com/Rent-A-Cops-ebook/dp/B00CGP2Y8S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367081996&sr=8-1&keywords=rentacops

Comment

Originally posted by TONY THE BEAT View Post
                Whats to get? You like them or you don't. Just interests some people and not others.
                To the point. Just the way I like it.

I only have one which is a Mickey figure (are they all Mickey?), with Malificent as a dragon on it.

I also collect Funko POP dolls. Like the style and makes the top of my desk look festive

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X