This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Disneyland Park 90's

Back n the 90's disney announce that they were going to add a new land at Disneyland Park call hollywood land, if disney would have built it were would the land be at. Also they where going to put the little mermaid ride at Disneyland Park where do u guys think disney would have put the ride at.

Re: Disneyland Park 90's

I feel like Hollywoodland would be where Toontown is now, and I think The Little Mermaid ride would have been put in Fantasyland.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

In the parking lot
      I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

Hollywoodland was supposed to go in the backstage area between Main Street and Tomorrowland. For the CM's on this board, it's from Egg House Gate to the Inn Between. Disney had been trying to develop that area since Walt's time. There were several ideas, all of which ended up being built in WDW. The first concepts were for Liberty Street (which happened in Magic Kingdom) and International Street (which became World Showcase in EPCOT). The Hollywoodland idea was finally realized as its own park: Disney/MGM Studios. (I've always wondered where they would move those backstage support services if they had decided to use that space in DL.)

IMO, the Little Mermaid ride should have gone into the old Motor Boat area, if anywhere.
        Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
        Charter Member

Comment

I don't think the Little Mermaid ride was planned for Disneyland CA, but for Disneyland Paris. It was supposed to be in their Fantasyland, and the ride video simulation is the one found on the 2006 Little Mermaid Platinum edition dvd.
          I have a dream
          A song to sing
          To help me cope
          Trough everything

If you see the wonder
          of a FairyTale
          You can take the future
          even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
          Something good in everything I see
          I believe in Angels
          When I know the time is right for me...

I'll cross the stream.... I have a dream

Comment

I had read that Disney was planning to do a muppet show at DL and muppet take over DL right after the 35th Anniversary.

Comment

This is a great video (1990) DLR: The Disney Decade That Never Was - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Disney View Post
                I don't think the Little Mermaid ride was planned for Disneyland CA, but for Disneyland Paris. It was supposed to be in their Fantasyland, and the ride video simulation is the one found on the 2006 Little Mermaid Platinum edition dvd.
                Correct.

Originally posted by xceemora View Post
                I had read that Disney was planning to do a muppet show at DL and muppet take over DL right after the 35th Anniversary.
                Disneyland wanted to replace Mr. Lincoln with the Muppets, but after quite a big of protesting from fans, thought better of it.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X