This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hotels walking distance to Disneyland

Haven't seen any mention of the Candy Cane Inn. Tripadvisor.com currently has them as #2 in Anaheim hotels (including Disney). It costs a bit more than the other Harbor Blvd. hotel/motels usually but they do offer a AAA/AARP discount worth 10 bucks off a night. When you check out you will get a voucher with another 10 bucks off a night if you come back within a year.

CCI is a cut above the rest. The grounds are nice, outstanding service, extremely clean rooms, and a continental breakfast that is a bit better than the rest of the Harbor hotel offerings. It is a 10 minute walk to the main gates but they also have their own exclusive shuttle that runs every 30 minutes.

They still have free parking and free wi-fi though the connection is hit or miss in all but the premium rooms. Other than a Disney hotel ($$$$), it is the only place we'll stay and we have tried several others that are closer.

Check out the reviews on tripadvisor (almost 1500 of them) and see for yourself whey this place has so many repeat guests.

Candy Cane Inn (Anaheim, CA) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

Comment

we're staying at the ramada maingate... decent price, clean, right across the street (walking distance for sure), free breakfast... all musts for me, as i'm taking a 4 yr old as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Avaren View Post
        we're staying at the ramada maingate... decent price, clean, right across the street (walking distance for sure), free breakfast... all musts for me, as i'm taking a 4 yr old as well.
        I liked the Maingate. If you have water bottles make sure you fill them up at the breakfast before going to the park. That will save you some money. The Denny's next door also sold water for like 50 cents. A lot cheaper than the price inside the park.
        Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Holiday Inn Express (cannot remember the street, but it is walking distance easily) when I do not have enough money for Embassy Suites (I LOVE this place, and the free happy hour doesn't hurt!)

Comment

For the past several years, I've stayed at The Desert Inn on Harbor.

It's about a 6 or 7 minute walk to the entrance of DL or DCA, and a short walk to various eateries on Harbor.

They have a pool, and you can see the fireworks from the rooftop viewing area.

The main thing though is I'm a 55 year old single guy and it's me, my daughter (18), and 3 of her friends. We always get the Parlor Suite. It has a room with 2 beds, and a wall w/door between that and another room with a hide-a-bed.

This way, I have my privacy, and the girls have theirs.

Comment

Ramada Maingate I always stay there
              These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
              My company had a special night at the park
              WdW trip report with WWoHP
              NYE 2011 trip report
              Mice Chat 7th anniversary
              Leap year 24 hour report
              New DCA trip report
              NYE 2012
              HKDL trip report

Comment

I prefer the Quality Inn Maingate, just behind Mimi's Cafe(can't remember the street name at the moment). . . It's only a 5-10 min. Walk from the park. . . Only problem I can see is it would be a little far for the younger children. . .
                ​Pinkamena Diane Pie, is that you?

Comment

Quality Inn Maingate is on Manchester. . . right behind Mimi's Cafe. . . the nicest hotel for the price. . .
                  ​Pinkamena Diane Pie, is that you?

Comment

Originally posted by DisneylandTraveler View Post
                    Haven't seen any mention of the Candy Cane Inn. Tripadvisor.com currently has them as #2 in Anaheim hotels (including Disney). It costs a bit more than the other Harbor Blvd. hotel/motels usually but they do offer a AAA/AARP discount worth 10 bucks off a night. When you check out you will get a voucher with another 10 bucks off a night if you come back within a year.

CCI is a cut above the rest. The grounds are nice, outstanding service, extremely clean rooms, and a continental breakfast that is a bit better than the rest of the Harbor hotel offerings. It is a 10 minute walk to the main gates but they also have their own exclusive shuttle that runs every 30 minutes.

They still have free parking and free wi-fi though the connection is hit or miss in all but the premium rooms. Other than a Disney hotel ($$$$), it is the only place we'll stay and we have tried several others that are closer.

Check out the reviews on tripadvisor (almost 1500 of them) and see for yourself whey this place has so many repeat guests.

Candy Cane Inn (Anaheim, CA) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor
                    I'll second the Candy Cane Inn. Nice room, free WiFi (although it is a bit spotty at times), nice pool, and of course the FREE continental breakfast is great. Saves money since you don't have to pay the "Disney Tax" by eating in the park. Save that for later

I'd give Candy Cane Inn a 5/5, but during out last trip (about two weeks ago), my cousin's girlfriend found one her new make up brushes was apparently used by one of the maids. Creepy and gross.

Comment

Oh wow! That just makes you wonder what else do maids use when we leave our possessions behind in the room.

Thank you everyone! I will be in the parks the weekend of the 14th.

Comment

Park Place and Park View directly across the street from the park on Harbor are the closest Hotels to the Disneyland entrance when it comes to walking distance. These are the places we stay because of their proximity. Both are only a 5 minute walk form the turnstiles.
                        You can go on Google Earth and check out how close you hotel really is.

Comment

I always put up the "do not disturb" sign when I am in a hotel. If I need towels or anything I go to the front desk and ask for them. I don't have daily maid service when I am at home so it doesn't make any difference if I'm in a hotel for 5 days and don't get my room cleaned.
                          Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X