Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Fantasyland dark ride renovation.

I feel like Fantasyland needs to update their dark rides, to all be on par with the Little Mermaid.

Don't get me wrong, they're all great rides, I just think they need an update with fresh paint, new animatronics, new outside facades, new cars, etc.

The plot and story would remain, it'd just be a reboot.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Re: Fantasyland dark ride renovation.

Originally posted by Chesire View Post
    I feel like Fantasyland needs to update their dark rides, to all be on par with the Little Mermaid.

Don't get me wrong, they're all great rides, I just think they need an update with fresh paint, new animatronics, new outside facades, new cars, etc.

The plot and story would remain, it'd just be a reboot.
    Little Mermaid? Smh.
    sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

That already happened, and Disneyland's Fantasyland is now the most charming and elegantly-presented of the lot. Inside, the older effects and simple storytelling are precisely what the rides are known for. A million-dollar animatronic of Alice would not necessarily improve the attraction.

Certainly it's a great idea to keep them fresh and incorporate new storytelling tools (see the Magic Mirror scene in Snow White) but newer is not always better. Disneyland should not be a distant, unchanging museum, but you won't find much support here for abandoning their classic effects and charming traditional look - new for the sake of new.

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas View Post
        Little Mermaid? Smh.
        You're against new effects and better animatronics?

Cause that's what I meant by Little Mermaid.
        Fear of the unknown.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

Again, you confuse "newer" with "better" (Did you read my post?).

Part of the point of Fantasyland's dark rides is that they're low-key, charming, old-fashioned, and use the simplest technology to tell the most extraordinary stories. Having a singing, dancing Snow White animatronic as lifelike as can be would not improve that ride. That's not in the spirit of Fantasyland's rides.

I'm not against progress or change like some people here seem to be, but adding new animatronics and "better" effects would not benefit those rides. They are timelessly simple. A massive overhaul of Fantasyland in the 1980s provided them with new exteriors, new charm, new animatronics, new paint, new lighting, etc. but maintained the simplicity they were known for.

Paint? Lighting? Audio systems? Sure. Everything needs upgraded and touched up. But to renovate them and add new technology just for the sake of having new technology? I'm telling you, you'll be lucky to find more than three people here who support you on this.

Comment

Originally posted by bkroz View Post
            Again, you confuse "newer" with "better" (Did you read my post?).

Part of the point of Fantasyland's dark rides is that they're low-key, charming, old-fashioned, and use the simplest technology to tell the most extraordinary stories. Having a singing, dancing Snow White animatronic as lifelike as can be would not improve that ride. That's not in the spirit of Fantasyland's rides.

I'm not against progress or change like some people here seem to be, but adding new animatronics and "better" effects would not benefit those rides. They are timelessly simple. A massive overhaul of Fantasyland in the 1980s provided them with new exteriors, new charm, new animatronics, new paint, new lighting, etc. but maintained the simplicity they were known for.

Paint? Lighting? Audio systems? Sure. Everything needs upgraded and touched up. But to renovate them and add new technology just for the sake of having new technology? I'm telling you, you'll be lucky to find more than three people here who support you on this.
            Sorry, I did read your post, I was just clarifying what I meant to the other poster.

I guess, just some of the AA's with the only thing moving being their head makes me think a little more movement in the audio-animatronics could benefit the ride.

To each their own, though.
            Fear of the unknown.

Comment

The Little Mermaid may have had better effects and lighting and what not, but I love Fantasyland the way it is. It feels older and classical and I felt that TLM just tried to hard.

Comment

Fantasyland may be due for a full overhaul. I don't think it has major problems, but it was redone in 1983, when 28 years old. Now here we are 29 years later.

I don't think it is next in line, as far as lands that need a big project. Though it's not almost new like other lands.
                Be Cool Stay in School!
                Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X