replied
    Re: Aiw refurb

Margy: Took me a while to figure that story out. :lol:

Leave a comment:

• RemainSeatedPlz87
    replied

Originally posted by lunarsongbird View Post
    Yaaay! That is such a sweet story! Thanks for sharing!!

glad i could share a nice story with you all

Leave a comment:

• disneychrista
    replied

Originally posted by disneyhound View Post
    Hey! I still have a VCR
    Me too. how else would I be able to watch my old "A Day at Disneyland" & "Fantasmic!" tapes. Not to me Sing along Songs "A Day at Disneyland" and other Disney Movies.

Leave a comment:

• disneyhound
    replied

Originally posted by JMazz View Post
    That's really cool, Margy!
    [email protected] VCRs... I remember teaching my parents how to fix it's timer/clock. wow... so long ago.
    Hey! I still have a VCR, well it's a combo VCR/DVD, but still... And yes the clock is working, not flashing "12:00".

Leave a comment:

• JMazz
    replied

That's really cool, Margy!
    [email protected] VCRs... I remember teaching my parents how to fix it's timer/clock. wow... so long ago.

Leave a comment:

• lunarsongbird
    replied

Yaaay! That is such a sweet story! Thanks for sharing!!

Leave a comment:

• RemainSeatedPlz87
    replied

[QUOTE=lunarsongbird;1056833176]
    Originally posted by RemainSeatedPlz87 View Post
    this one is just very special to my family...the movie is how my mom told my dad she was pregnant with me and ever since the ride has been extra special to them

---------- Post added 09-05-2012 at 03:26 AM ----------

This sounds like an interesting story! Care to share?
    [QUOTE=JMazz;1056833208]
    Originally posted by lunarsongbird View Post

Agreed. I'm listening too. Major points if they named you Alice (as a middle name)!

back in the 80's when vcrs and vhs were still pretty new my mom had bought one and the first tape she got was Alice in wonderland...(whether she taped it or bought it i do not know) anyway...she put it on and sat next to my dad and when the white rabbit said he was late for a very important date she turned and said to him so am I...to this day my dad can not watch the movie but the ride is just a nice remembrance of that day.
    and no my middle name is not alice..thats my god mothers name though

Leave a comment:

• chesirecat
    replied

this one is just very special to my family...the movie is how my mom told my dad she was pregnant with me and ever since the ride has been extra special to them

November 12-14th
    Wow, hope you get to ride it! I really like Alice too and thought I was lucky to get to ride it in August before the supposed September refurb.

If it does go down for a refurb, it might be down for a month or more as they might take advantage of the downtime to do inside work as well, and because redoing the outside will probably be a major construction project, especially if they have to dig a new foundation/holes for the system to raise the safety bars.

---------- Post added 09-06-2012 at 07:52 PM ----------

Originally posted by disneychrista View Post
    AIW?

Some rides do much better with single name abbreviations than acronyms.
    AiW is marginally easier to type than Alice, though AiW is three syllables and thus "longer" to say than just Alice. Castmembers call the ride just Alice, as in "Alice is 101."

Leave a comment:

• ShelbyH
    replied

Originally posted by bigcatrik View Post
    Isn't Alice usually somewhere in the park for "meet and greet," which could substitute for the ride in a pinch?
    Alice is out for M&Gs, and I'd highly recommend the Musical Chairs game with the Mad Hatter and sometimes Alice too, at the Coke Corner around 2:00 or 2:30 each day.

Leave a comment:

• Jerrbear
    replied

A few months ago I was browsing through the Mice Chat forum and became frustrated at the occasional acronyms I was encountering, so I began to compile a glossary of them for my own use. After getting two or three of them down, it occurred to me that the kindness and consideration of the people who frequent the forum was such that someone here had probably already done that. After a quick search, I found it, printed it off, and now keep it handy. I don't think AIW was on it, so I had to click on this thread to find out what it meant. Thanks so much to all of you who created that helpful reference.

Leave a comment:

• calsig31
    replied

Originally posted by Jerrbear View Post
    The best way to communicate your thoughts and include everyone in the discussion is to spell out the term or name the first time you use it, and place the acronym or initials in parentheses immediately after. For example: One of my favorite rides is Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (BTMR). Then you and anyone that responds to the thread can use the abbreviation throughout the rest of the thread.
    Exactly. Although with the amount of spelling and grammatical errors that I've seen on here over the years from people, it is no surprise that this little piece of etiquette is overlooked constantly.

Leave a comment:

• explodingboy
    replied

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Look forward to the hundred of attractions they get to do one last time, not the couple they won't.
    Maybe the ride holds sedimental value? I would assume it does being that she asked specifically about that attraction..

EDIT: Just read through the thread, and like I assumed AiW does hold a special place for them. So no, if something is near and dear to you and your family by all means make sure you all get to experience it.

Leave a comment:

• skoolpsyk
    replied

how cool! we have something in common! my parents tell me I was conceived on Aiw!

Leave a comment:

• StarDustFairy
    replied

Originally posted by ShelbyH View Post
    I consider myself well-versed on DLR but I had no idea what AiW was, or what park it was in, until Cheshire pointed it out.

I kind of agree. I mean, we could say "We entered FL through SBC, then tried to decide if we wanted to ride PPF or MTWR, or SWSA and PDJ. However, there was no line for KAC and DtFE as well as SLCB. The MTP is always a favorite though."

I mean, at some point you just sound pretentious.
    Lol!

Originally posted by Jerrbear View Post
    The best way to communicate your thoughts and include everyone in the discussion is to spell out the term or name the first time you use it, and place the acronym or initials in parentheses immediately after. For example: One of my favorite rides is Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (BTMR). Then you and anyone that responds to the thread can use the abbreviation throughout the rest of the thread.
    I agree. I often find myself scratching my head trying to figure out the ride acronyms. Mentioning the full name once in the beginning of a post would help a lot. However, I've never been bothered when people use them, even if it takes me a bit to figure it out. It's like a little puzzle. I like puzzles (ILP).

Leave a comment:

• CSei2011
    replied

I consider myself well-versed on DLR but I had no idea what AiW was, or what park it was in, until Cheshire pointed it out.

I kind of agree. I mean, we could say "We entered FL through SBC, then tried to decide if we wanted to ride PPF or MTWR, or SWSA and PDJ. However, there was no line for KAC and DtFE as well as SLCB. The MTP is always a favorite though."

I mean, at some point you just sound pretentious.
    omg .. .now I have a headache lol. I think it took me like 5 plus mins to decode what all that was... lol

Leave a comment:

• JMazz
    replied

[QUOTE=lunarsongbird;1056833176]

Agreed. I'm listening too. Major points if they named you Alice (as a middle name)!

Leave a comment:

• lunarsongbird
    replied

[QUOTE=RemainSeatedPlz87;1056833106]this one is just very special to my family...the movie is how my mom told my dad she was pregnant with me and ever since the ride has been extra special to them

Leave a comment:

• DLandFansAZ
    replied

I mean, we could say "We entered FL through SBC, then tried to decide if we wanted to ride PPF or MTWR, or SWSA and PDJ. However, there was no line for KAC and DtFE as well as SLCB. The MTP is always a favorite though."
    That's LOL! :lol:

Leave a comment:

• bigcatrik
    replied

Originally posted by disneylandreport View Post
    Personally, I can type the full name in less time than I would spend trying to figure what the appropriate acronym is. Funny thing though, I opened this thread just so I could figure out what AiW was.
    Me too! The other thing I hate on the Internet are all th0se "Me too!" posts...

(...and, actually, the newer version which seems to be "^^this," especially without a proper thread quote in the response.)

Isn't Alice usually somewhere in the park for "meet and greet," which could substitute for the ride in a pinch?

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X