Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magic Carpet to return to "Aladdin, a musical spectacular"!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Magic Carpet to return to "Aladdin, a musical spectacular"!

After speaking to a technician after one of the shows last week, she informed me that there was an "unofficial strong possibility" that the Magic Carpet that flies over the audience carrying Aladdin & Jasmin during "A Whole New World" will return to the show sometime Around November. This comes after almost a year since a mishap during the "whole new world" song caused the carpet to flip upside down with Aladdin and jasmin still attached. Since then, the magic carpet has not been in the show.

Re: Magic Carpet to return to "Aladdin, a musical spectacular"!

I heard they're adding a loop. The first time was just a test run.

Comment

I heard on the internet that they were going to actually use jet packs as back ups in that scene.
      Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
        I heard on the internet that they were going to actually use jet packs as back ups in that scene.
        Buzz Lightyear to the rescue!

transition to new Toy Story show.

Comment

This should be listed as rumor rather than news, but hopefully it will come to pass.

Unfortunately, my visit will be in October, not November. But better late than never.

Comment

Unfortunately the flying carpet isn't the only thing the show has lost in its run.

Comment

I just hope that they've re-designed and tested the new carpet before they stick those kids up there again. Glad they had the safety harnesses, but that should never have happened. Did anyone ultimately figure out what went wrong other than "computer" or "operator" error?

Comment

If they haven't re-designed and tested it...then what have they been doing for a year??

Comment

It would be nice if the flying carpet returned for the 10,000th performance of the show.

Comment

I really hope the carpet comes back! It was one of the cooler bits of the show, to have them actually flying over the audience.
                    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

Well I am going end of Nov so I can let you know..but would like something besides a strong possiblity..that's not much to hold my breath on
                      Feel free to visit my Etsy Shop; https://www.etsy.com/shop/AlienKaboo...=hdr_shop_menu
                      to see my Disney and StarWars skirts for little girls.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac Daddy View Post
                        I just hope that they've re-designed and tested the new carpet before they stick those kids up there again. Glad they had the safety harnesses, but that should never have happened. Did anyone ultimately figure out what went wrong other than "computer" or "operator" error?
                        It really was a series I unfortunate events. Neither operator or computer error.

---------- Post added 09-08-2012 at 02:28 PM ----------

Originally posted by disneyfann121 View Post
                        If they haven't re-designed and tested it...then what have they been doing for a year??
                        Unfortunately, the corporate big-wigs were more interested in the Cars Land opening.
                        Last edited by Dlrinfo; 09-08-2012, 02:29 PM.

Comment

on my last trip I was waiting for it. I had never seen the musical on my recent number of trips to the DLR in the past years and have always missed this performance. I finally caved in this time around and saw it, it was great and a definite escape from the heat and I got 2nd to front row with my party.

I was bummed when the carpet flying trick didn't work. I kept looking up and all around when they were singing and was waiting for the audience to react in unison but nothing.

So sad 'cause I could have seen the trick in the years before on my other visits. Dang it!

Comment

If they wanna cut something from the show, start with that awful "all I gotta do is jump" bit. He's Aladdin, not spider-man.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X