This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Disney Grand Opening TV Specials

Why doesn't Disney produce any grand TV specials like it used to for the parks that could be shown on ABC or Disney Channel or even Travel Channel? Why wasn't there a big TV special when DCA had its relaunch? It would have earned a lot of interest. Why no special for when a new ride opens? I enjoyed watching them back in the day.
    Last edited by WDW1971; 09-03-2012, 08:38 AM.

Re: Disney Grand Opening TV Specials

Also, why don't more TV shows film at Disney World/Disneyland? I know that in the 90s Full House, Boy Meets World, Rosanne all filmed at WDW. Recently George Lopez and Modern Family filmed at Disneyland but why aren't more shows filmed at the parks?

It would make so much sense if some Disney Channel shows filmed at Disneyland/ WDW.

What kid would not want to go to WDW after seeing their favorite show go there? Its a win win for the parks and the TV show.
    Last edited by WDW1971; 09-03-2012, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Last edited by WDW1971; 09-03-2012, 08:38 AM.

Comment

I was thinking Im a big fans of kardashians it would be cool if disney could use the kardashians family for a TV Special the Re Opening Of The New DCA. What Do u Guys Think?

Comment

Because marketing can be better directed on the internet. The internet hasn't been available for most grand openings, and in the last 5 years has changed a lot. Social networking to spread the word with twitter and FB. Widespread video availability on youtube. Large use of blogs.
          Be Cool Stay in School!
          Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

HAHA, remember "Hard Time on Planet Earth" with Martin Kove (from the Karate Kid) running around and did a cheap plug of the opening of Splash Mountain! Oh, those were the days.
            And his little robot got sick by plugging into the video games in Penny Arcade on Main Street, when the Penny Arcade on Main Street used to have video games. Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by xceemora View Post
              I was thinking Im a big fans of kardashians it would be cool if disney could use the kardashians family for a TV Special the Re Opening Of The New DCA. What Do u Guys Think?
              I think that I would prefer to gouge out my eyes & go into exile outside of Thebes.
              Skiddley Whiffers is a cruel mistress; cold and unforgiving.

Comment

More TV shows probably aren't filmed inside the park because it requires shutting down and/or blocking areas of the park in order to film.
                Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X