This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Food and Drink and Policy

How much food and drink can you bring into the park. And what can you bring if any?

Re: Food and Drink and Policy

Not sure what the official rules are, usually they are cool with some snacks and waters and stuff. When my boyfriend and I go we usually bring a bottle of water to split (and refill at fountains) and a package of goldfish and they've never batted an eye.
    sigpic

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Comment

Originally posted by abooch View Post
      How much food and drink can you bring into the park. And what can you bring if any?
      I have often brought snacks, like trail mix, and sandwiches. I've seen others bring in Subway and other fast foods (I personally don't get how or why someone would want to bring in a cheeseburger from offsite). If the items fit in your backpack, you'll be fine. They certainly won't let you bring in a large cooler or anything like that. Unless it can somehow fit in a locker.

All of my experiences with bringing food in though of been limited to more covert methods. I don't know if they're any stricter if you just straight up bring in 8 bags from McDonalds.

For some some great trip reports, features and reviews, please check out http://www.thedisneylandreport.com.

Comment

Originally posted by abooch View Post
        Basically you can bring what you can carry. No glass, alcohol, no food requiring preparation(assembly or heating). Coolers need to be soft side and six pack sized.

I brough in resuable water bottle with drink in them, sodas, bag of chips, boxes of crackers, bags of fast food.
        Be Cool Stay in School!
        Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

I always bring in a water bottle with no issues and refill it at the water fountains. I also have brought in bags of trail mix and granola bars before. It's never a bad idea in case you feel like having a snack while in line.
          Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

We have brought snacks, large bottles of water and those store-bought PB&J things for my son.
            I think that if you bring a whole meal like sandwiches, chip, drink, etc they may say something but over the years they have gotten a lot more liberal on what they allow in.

Comment

We bring in sodas and water for the day. We also bring in a ton of snacks (cookies, chips, crackers, etc) and usually some protein bars. I have a back pack full of stuff when we arrive in the morning.

Here is a little hint if you are going on a hot day. Freeze your water bottles. As the ice melts, it leaves you with a nice cold drink at the hottest time of the day. I also put my sodas in my backpack with the frozen waters and it keeps them cold too!

Usually, I bring one cold bottle of water (for the morning), one soda, and one frozen bottle of water (for the afternoon) for each person.

Comment

You shouldn't be allowed to "bring in" anything. There's a picnic area if you want to eat outside food.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
                  You shouldn't be allowed to "bring in" anything. There's a picnic area if you want to eat outside food.
                  This.
                  "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

May I respectfully request that if you'd like to have a discussion about whether or not Disney SHOULD allow food in the park, you start a separate thread, so we can keep this thread focused on the OP's actual inquiry, which is how much they do allow.

Comment

Originally posted by emwhysee View Post
                      May I respectfully request that if you'd like to have a discussion about whether or not Disney SHOULD allow food in the park, you start a separate thread, so we can keep this thread focused on the OP's actual inquiry, which is how much they do allow.
                      They kind of do go hand and hand, though.
                      "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

There aren't any signs posted (like the carry-on bag guidelines at the airport). They seem to empower the bag-checking stations to use their best judgement. We haven't taken in full meals, but have haven't had any trouble taking in a few granola bars, trail mix, beef jerky, water bottles and the like. I have seen them o.k. people with small soft-sided insulated bags.

Comment

whether they 'allowed' it or not, some people would bring it in anyways, like in a movie theater.
                          bringing a water bottle and a couple of snacks (trail mix, protein bars, etc) is fine... i think the big no-nos is glass, alcohol, gum, etc.

Comment

I have also heard it pointed out that the quick serve restaurants will give you free ice water if you bring in your own reusable water bottle. That could be handy perk that I will be using on our next trip!
                            I wish I had a cool signature to insert here, but I don't.

Comment

Officially you are not to bring in outside food, other that for babies and special dietary needs. All other food is to be kept & eatten at the picnic area.

Now that said they do not stop you from bringing in outside food. As has been mentioned no glass, not knives, no alcohol, no preperation (you can bring i PB&J but not bread, jelly & peanut butter).

Comment

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
                                Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                                This.
                                I'd like to just say that I'm very happy that neither of you are in charge of running Disneyland.

And for the OP, what everyone else said, Snacks and drinks have never been an issue for me on multiple occasions. I do agree that excessive things such as the lady with the bucket of chicken that I saw last time should be frowned upon though.
                                I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

I have never had an issue bringing in small snacks, especially for my kids. On our last trip however, I saw two different families having full-blown picnics in the park. They had a basket, sandwich making supplies, large bags of chips, two-liters, and more. I was totally surprised. One family was sitting by the bathrooms near Autopia. The other family were using two tables in the Riverbelle's seating area. This one really bugged me.

So I really don't know what Disney considers the appropriate limit, nor why the do or do not enforce it.

Comment

I've had no trouble bringing in a small soft drink bottle (the size you'd buy at the park anyway), fruit, etc.
                                    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

Originally posted by Avaren View Post
                                      whether they 'allowed' it or not, some people would bring it in anyways, like in a movie theater.
                                      bringing a water bottle and a couple of snacks (trail mix, protein bars, etc) is fine... i think the big no-nos is glass, alcohol, gum, etc.
                                      I want to point out that gum is allowed. It's urban legend that it's not based on them not selling it in the parks.

To see what is not permitted the list is in the link and gum is absent from it. They have never taken my pack of Big Red from me.
                                      Theme Parks | FAQ | Disneyland Resort

Also while food is not officially allowed.
                                      Can I bring food into Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure Park?
                                      If you wish to bring your own food and enjoy an outdoor meal in an ideal setting, there is a complimentary Picnic Area conveniently located outside the Main Entrance to Disneyland Park.
                                      With the exception of food items for Guests with specific dietary restrictions, food or beverage items are not permitted into either of the Disneyland Resort theme parks.
                                      Expceptions to this are widespread. As evidenced in the prior posts.
                                      Be Cool Stay in School!
                                      Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Originally posted by Meville View Post
                                        I'd like to just say that I'm very happy that neither of you are in charge of running Disneyland.

And for the OP, what everyone else said, Snacks and drinks have never been an issue for me on multiple occasions. I do agree that excessive things such as the lady with the bucket of chicken that I saw last time should be frowned upon though.
                                        Snacks for the kids that they will eat on-the-go are one thing. People here have been talking about smuggling in sandwich making supplies and McDonalds bags. Those should be eaten at the picnic area, not taking up table space that paying customers are entitled to use.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X