Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Toy Story Playland at Disneyland?

Would you guys like to see Toy Story Playland be added to Disneyland? Kinda like the one at HK Disneyland. I noticed that they could probably use the land behind Frontierland Ranch.

Re: Toy Story Playland at Disneyland?

I don't think most people would want to see it....here are most of the reasons why

1) Most people don't want a land in Disneyland based off one movies
    2) Don't want a land mainly for children
    3) Most of the rides are off the shelf rides like DCA got in its first stage....and we know how they turned out
    4) It's a Clone....Disneyland needs less clones and more unique rides

If you want to go to the land, I'd save up and go....I know I'll be going to all the parks one day..one resort at at time
    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

No thank you. As I've said in other threads when this was mentioned, it reminds me of the cheap carnival that they put on behind the El Capitan to celebrate the release of Toy Story 3. I would much rather have some quality attractions.
      "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

NO thanks no more carnival rides like Bugsland has in DCA. WE also have Toy story rides in both DL and DCA we don't need a whole land of them in the resort too.

Comment

No.

Comment

they already had this in tomorrowland

see link below

Toy Story Funhouse at Yesterland
            "Raiders Suck"
            -Walt Disney

Comment

No thankyou.

Comment

Disney needs to save that space for something really special (seeing how it's getting tight in Disneyland Park), and not just a clone of an ok land based off another Pixar movie.
                Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

A whole land, maybe but not in DL, maybe DCA or another gate.

In Hong Kong I think the RC Race Car rid is nearly worthless though there they need more exciting rides. The slinkydog could be fit in it's nice and themed to something semi original. The parachute drop is nice, but I'd like a much taller and bigger one to go in DCA on Paradise Pier.
                  Be Cool Stay in School!
                  Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

If they ever build that cheap piece of crap Toy Story Playland at Disneyland, you'll know that Disney's glory days are behind them.

It's bad enough that they built it at the Walt Disney Studios Paris. But it was an absolute tragedy that they built it at Hong Kong Disneyland (they also recently built a shop on what was once Center Street there).

There is no magic to TSPL. It is just a collection of carnival rides plopped down into an area (much like A Bug's Land at DCA). The theme is OK, but it is the lack of any creativity on the rides that make it Six Flags/DCA 1.0 type of thing.

Sadly, there are still plenty of Pressler types at Disney (and even at the head of Imagineering).
                    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                    Save

Comment

Theming is not the only thing that makes a Disney land successful in my eyes, and while TSPL is highly themed it lacks almost every other quality that makes a Disney land appealing. I think others often tend to confuse "theming" with "character" or "story" or "charm" or "magic" or whatever you want to call it. At the end of the day the land offers the same experiences you could get at a carnival, only instead of looking at fried foods booth while you spin in a circle, you are looking at a huge statue of Woody. Magical.

So please, keep that "land" as far away from me as possible.

EDIT: And if I ever see that giant orange RC car track poking out from behind the castle I'll take it down myself.
                      Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Comment

No.

They could replace bugsland in DCA with it though if they want to "update" it. Don't think it would be worth it.

Comment

I'd like to see a land - not necessarily tied to a movie - where the guests are shrunk down. And for it to be relevant to all ages. Babes in Toyland is a classic example (film wise that is) that could see it set for everyone to enjoy.
                          sigpic Not so patiently waiting for Disneyland Australia.

Comment

Agreed. No.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X