Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Main Street Electrical Parade ever coming back?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Main Street Electrical Parade ever coming back?

"Glow with the show" mickey hats would definitely go well with the sparking lights. Rolling down it's original path.

Click image for larger version

Name:	406396553_748a5e3f32.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	7369682Click image for larger version

Name:	pVZbKxhTxx3clxsgbeRH6reLa-Tg1skcKBbJ0zLio3k_300x300.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	7369683

Re: Main Street Electrical Parade ever coming back?

Yep.

I have little doubt that we'll see the Main Street Electrical Parade at Disneyland again. And I'm sure the chance to sell more of those expensive ears will help sway that decision.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
    Save

Comment

While I wouldn't doubt seeing the MSEP in Disneyland again, I wouldn't expect Glow with the Show to influence the decision. In fact, don't get too attached to GwtS...

Comment

I don't like them new hats I think it make a show tagy [ms] some. I saw a video of Fantasmic with them hats and to me it miss the show up and to top it off I've seen them ears and no way will I pay that 23 or 32 bucks for them.

Comment

I hope the MSEP someday comes back to DL. We saw the parade once at DCA; it was nice, but it wasn't the same. It made me realize that one of the main joys of the MSEP was actually experiencing it on Main Street.

The MSEP had always been a traditional part of our family vacations. We saw the original in the summer of 1972, the Bicentennial enhancements in the summer of 1976, and the subsequent 3D versions as the floats became more sophisticated in the following years. We watched it once in Fantasyland, but the whole family agreed that we preferred to watch from Main Street, even if it meant getting an early seat.

I'll be doing a Snoopy "Happy Dance" if I ever learn that my favorite parade is returning to my favorite park.

Comment

Yes, the parade is coming back from wdw. There is some talk about it returning to dl instead of dca.

Comment

After many, many fond evenings in Disneyland watching the MSEP, and the emotional send off when it left, I think I would be upset if it came back.

I guess I've reached the age where I don't want my memories trolled. Impress me with something new and novel, not something 25+ years old. Please?

Comment

It should come back. It originated in DL not DW.

Comment

I think the Glow With the Show Ears would be too distracting for the MSEP. The whole point of the MSEP is that the whole parade route is dark except for the dazzling gliterring floats winding their way down the street. I think that it would definitely ruin the effect to have lights everywhere instead of just on the floats. Plus, it might make the actual parade less impressive.
                  Last edited by Dillamond; 09-06-2012, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dillamond View Post
                    I think the Glow With the Show Ears would be too distracting for the MSEP.
                    They are too distracting for everything. I really hope they don't desecrate the Electrical Parade with this cheap profit turning scheme.
                    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

I would love the MSEP to come back as the MAIN STREET Electrical Parade. Watching the MSEP is one of the most vivid memories I have of Disneyland as a child, sitting with my dad. And I still think that even in all of the high tech we have these days, those floats are timeless in their magic. I'd love to share this with my own kids.

Comment

Originally posted by second blue teacup View Post
                        After many, many fond evenings in Disneyland watching the MSEP, and the emotional send off when it left, I think I would be upset if it came back.

I guess I've reached the age where I don't want my memories trolled. Impress me with something new and novel, not something 25+ years old. Please?
                        Something like Light Magic?

Anyways gwts is only effective if the whole audience is into it. And at the price they charge that isn't likely to happen unless it is another AP event. Still it does detract from the main show and I am a bit worried about this effect happening with msep.
                        Last edited by DisneyIPresume; 09-05-2012, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                          Something like Light Magic?

Anyways gwts is only effective if the whole audience is into it. And at the price they charge that isn't likely to happen unless it is another AP event. Still it does detract from the main show and I am a bit worried about this effect happening with msep.
                          I've been wondering about this too....How strange it must look if there is only a few random lights are flickering on and off. What a distraction- even more so for Fantasmic.

It's a novel idea- just not sure if it's sustainable.

Back on topic- I would really love to watch the MSEP with my future children someday.

Comment

My prediction is that next summer there focus will be on Carsland in DCA....and The new Fantasy Fair, stage show and Electrical Parade at Disneyland
                            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JM Disneyland View Post
                              "Glow with the show" mickey hats would definitely go well with the sparking lights.
                              Don't say that too loud they might hear you!

I can't wait until MSEP is back at DL but I sincerely hope the GWtS ears do NOT work with it.

Comment

I will admit when I went to Disneyland a few weeks ago, I got a little nostalgic after seeing some of the parades, something I rarely do since I'm older.

At one point, I took a break on Main St and sat down on the curb. I then noticed it was right where my family was sitting (when I was 10), the evening in 1990 when my Dad recorded the Electrical Parade on his camcorder. I have fond memories of my Mom snapping pics with her Minolta, the entire crowd clapping along to the Baroque Hoedown. And after it was all over, my Dad striking up a conversation with total strangers (I think that's why I also get personable and chat with people when I visit Disneyland!).

When our family went in 2008, we went to DCA, and one reason was because my Dad wanted to see the Electrical Parade when it was there. However, it just didn't have that same effect. Seeing it coming down Main St, it's like something you dreamed came to life, and just descended on your home town.

If the MSEP does come back, it'll definitely give me reason to return sooner, though I'll stand along the back row (my time sitting on the curb is past, and there are many kids who would deserve to sit at street level and see those floats go by for the first time). I did that when I saw Fantasmic recently (wish the same could be said for some women who were blocking the view for several families around me).
                                The list of Disney people I've encountered in my life: John Lasseter, Brad Bird, Lee Unkrich, Darla K Anderson, Eric Goldberg, Don Hahn, Peter Schneider, Burney Mattinson, John Musker, Ron Clements, Nik Ranieri, John Kahrs, Jeff Turley, Patrick Osbourne, Dave Bossert, Roy P Disney.

People I would love to meet in person: Glen Keane, Andreas Deja.

Comment

The MSEP was so popular that in it's last month, the 5 freeway would back up at Harbor Blvd. People couldn't get enough of it. Then they took it away and replaced it with crap! And since that time, nothing has come close to it.

Heck yeah, bring it back. I'm tired of seeing great things replaced with mediocrity.
                                  sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Okay, I can understand why people are skeptical about Glow with the Show for major nighttime spectaculars. But for MSEP? It's a parade, guys. Either you're focusing on a single float or you're taking in a series of them at one time. In either case, a colored pair of ears is not going to ruin or "desecrate" the show. Will it enhance it? That's debatable. But it's no worse than a light up toy being waved by a kid on the sidewalk.

You know, in a show that is really about colors and lights and effects (note the exclusion of water), another pair of lights is not going to hurt. Just a hunch.

Comment

The Glow with the Show isn't going away, It's been a great success profit wise. It would be great if they just turned on the ears for a heart tugging moment, just for that moment. Not constantly keep the ears on through the whole show like an visual equalizer. It does distract.

Fantasmic! The whole glowing ears is crap, But there is one moment where I found myself smiling. Pinocchio scene. 3:46-4:00
                                      Fantasmic! Glow with the Show Premiere in HD 8/28/2012 - YouTube

In this particular scene not much is going on stage or it's surroundings just 3 cardboard cutouts and glowing string. Brilliant moment to use the ears, Makes you part of the show aka, You the guest are now all puppets in Mickey's dream. "Heart Tugging".

I'm sure Disney could find a way to use the ears just for moments in a parade like MSEP.
                                      How about when the parade starts up the Main Street Electrical Parade soundtrack - YouTube "ONE" wave down main street of rainbow followed by gold/yellow then sparking out, Just before the parade's music beats up. Every now and then certain scenes would turn the ears on but only for a moment of interaction. Seven dwarf scene with the mine car the ears can sparkle like glitter.

Just throwing some idea's around since many of you dislike the ears.

Comment

Originally posted by ohmyjustin View Post
                                        But it's no worse than a light up toy being waved by a kid on the sidewalk.
                                        There are those of us who think that stuff shouldn't be sold either.
                                        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X