• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swampymarsh
    replied
    Re: Refurbs at Disneyland

Originally posted by wonton View Post
    will alice be open for halloween time?
    Probably, there is nothing official about Alice closing anyway.

Originally posted by huskydawg View Post
    City hall is behind tarps as are the restrooms and I believe the fire station too. I also saw Snow White's Grotto and the wishing well tarped up too. In Tomorrowland I saw Redd Rockets behind construction walls. I didn't get close up to it, but from afar it seemed like it was completly closed.

noticed the French Market was not open, but I saw no sign about any refurb. It's basically refub entral at Disneyland right now.
    City Hall will have work going on through October.
    Snow White Grotto and Wishing Well will be done on the 25th.
    Redd Rockets reopens on the 22nd.
    French Market will reopen this Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• huskydawg
    replied

City hall is behind tarps as are the restrooms and I believe the fire station too. I also saw Snow White's Grotto and the wishing well tarped up too. In Tomorrowland I saw Redd Rockets behind construction walls. I didn't get close up to it, but from afar it seemed like it was completly closed.

I had lunch at Cafe Orleans today and when I was there at noon I noticed the French Market was not open, but I saw no sign about any refurb. It's basically refub entral at Disneyland right now.

On a funny note... there was a sign by the entrance tunnel saying it was Christmas in September. Basically they were filming for a Christmas commercial today. The emporium side of Main Street has Christmas decorations, while the rest of Main Street still has the red white and blue bunting.

Leave a comment:

• wonton
    replied

will alice be open for halloween time?

Leave a comment:

• sediment
    replied

Originally posted by emilyinwonderland View Post
    Indiana Jones is scheduled to be open again December 8th to the public or that's what I heard from the CMs today.
    Just in time for the Cast Member Family Holiday Parties!

Leave a comment:

• emilyinwonderland
    replied

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    It's just a bad time to go to the parks...too many good rides closed....wait until Halloween season to go back
    Halloween season starts the 14th. I have a pass though so it isn't all that bad honestly. The 10th-14th is the worst though because then it's also Space Mountain, Animation Building, and Muppet Vision..

Leave a comment:

• Capt Hook
    replied

Usly you only get to see Belle in her blue dress at Goofy's Kitchen but my friend has seen her by the castle not to long ago. To me I really don't think it's wise of Disney to have say Belle at the castle where the new meet and greet is not that far from the castle. If they want to have two of the same characters out at the same time. I think they need to have one of them by the entrest of Main Street then so close to Small World mall. When I was there last Thursday but friend Ariel was at the castle and as soon as I saw her and gave her a hug I when to the Princess Royal Walk and there was another Ariel there. So that is why I don't think it's wise of Disney to have any of the Princess by the castle when it's so close to Small World Mall.

Leave a comment:

• JerrodDRagon
    replied

I just wish there was a way to close....maybe 3 down at a time...not like 6...I know rides need down time but with
    HM
    Indy
    Down already just seems like any more and the park has lost a lot of its value

Leave a comment:

• calsig31
    replied

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    It's just a bad time to go to the parks...too many good rides closed....wait until Halloween season to go back
    Yes, but better to do it now when it's not as busy than during the holidays or summer.

Leave a comment:

• JerrodDRagon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Chesire
    replied

I hope they keep having the rarer face characters come out. Alice, Mickey, and Pinocchio are fine, but there's a point when they get old.

Leave a comment:

• swampymarsh
    replied

Originally posted by abooch View Post
    How long is Haunted Mansion closed for?
    It's closed to recieve its Holiday overlay. Reopens with the start of the Halloween Season on the 14th.

Leave a comment:

• abooch
    replied

How long is Haunted Mansion closed for?

Leave a comment:

• DrFink
    replied

The way I see it is the more rides that are closed, that I have been on a dozen times, means the more time to see other things I might not ordinarily see. If I can skip an hour line for Indiana Jones then I don't really mind.

Leave a comment:

• Meville
    replied

Short term pain for long term gain I suppose with Indy. I would have thought that they would have pushed it back until Haunted Mansion opens up again though...

Leave a comment:

• emilyinwonderland
    replied

Originally posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    Having the "rare" face characters is definitely going to be a treat on Dapper Day!

On a more related note: I'm frustrated that Indy is closed. But a little relieved that it isn't going to be for too long. But that's me assuming Winter 2012 begins in November...
    Indiana Jones is scheduled to be open again December 8th to the public or that's what I heard from the CMs today.

Leave a comment:

• ohmyjustin
    replied

Having the "rare" face characters is definitely going to be a treat on Dapper Day!

On a more related note: I'm frustrated that Indy is closed. But a little relieved that it isn't going to be for too long. But that's me assuming Winter 2012 begins in November...

Leave a comment:

• Quarar44
    replied

Yup, I saw village Belle at Goofy's Kitchen last week! Max too!

Leave a comment:

• disneylandfan95
    replied

Originally posted by emilyinwonderland View Post
    One more thing, I think Disney tried to make up for the lack of rides with an abundance of face characters. Today we saw ballgown Belle and village Belle wandering around at different points as well as some villains and sidekicks. I thought Village Belle didn't meet at Disneyland though. Has anyone else seen her lately?
    Disneyland has definitely been stepping up their character repertoire lately. Last summer, village Belle would have been totally unheard of. This summer, a number of "rare" characters have been out and about quite frequently, including village Belle.

Leave a comment:

• emilyinwonderland
    started a topic [Chat] Refurbs at Disneyland

Refurbs at Disneyland

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	7369684
    So I went to Disneyland today and for those who were curious Indiana Jones is in fact closed. Alice In Wonderland was still operating though I can't quite remember which day that was supposed to close. Casey Jr. and Storybook Canals were also closed. I wish I snapped photos of those two but I didn't have time. Casey Jr. was all boarded up and Storybook's Monstro was covered completely though there were no boards up around that. Indy's closure had the whole area closed though with a sign that sort of reminded me of Star Tours for some reason.

The park wasn't too crowded either in general, but you could tell it wouldn't have been as bad if it weren't for all the refurbs closing four attractions. Also I was unaware Pizza Port was closed but it is. Any ideas why? Also on the Disney entrance the only ride listed as closed was Haunted Mansion. Why would they do that?

One more thing, I think Disney tried to make up for the lack of rides with an abundance of face characters. Today we saw ballgown Belle and village Belle wandering around at different points as well as some villains and sidekicks. I thought Village Belle didn't meet at Disneyland though. Has anyone else seen her lately?

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X