Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Coke Corner Arch Way...GONE!

Does anyone know why they took the arch away from Coke Corner on Main Street?

It looks like an eye sore now without it. That arch gave CC an extra special touch.

Not happy with this!!
    DISNEYLAND IS YOUR LAND

Re: Coke Corner Arch Way...GONE!

I'm not sure I know what you're referring to. Any pictures?

Comment

There were construction walls a week or two ago...is it possible that it's just a temporary thing? Why would they remove it permanently?

Comment

Keep cooo my peeps. It's just an arch.

It's either removed to to accessibility, or it's temporarily gone in order to refurb it. After all, a good portion of Main Street was just refreshed.
        DisneyTwins
        Since May 2003

Comment

Well it's either no arch or construction wall arch. Your choice.

Total Tender Rides: 20
          Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
          Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
          Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

Comment

Photo of removed archway for reference:

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyFunGuy View Post
              It looks like an eye sore now without it.
              I wouldn't go as far as calling it an eyesore. While I will miss the arch, it actually looks cleaner and more open without it.
              "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyFunGuy View Post
                Does anyone know why they took the arch away from Coke Corner on Main Street?
                It's the premature first step in making the backstage area behind the west side of mainstreet a way to enter/exit the hub?
                Be Cool Stay in School!
                Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

For reference, the archway.

Comment

Looked way prettier before...but I will admit that subconsciously, I feel a lot more welcome to come in now. Perhaps because it is more open and inviting now. I wonder if that was the intended effect.
                    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Comment

looking at those elevated garbage bins where the left side of the arc was makes me think that something is still being worked on.

the last time I was at DL I was in that area a couple of times of high volume traffic (after parade, Fantasmic!, fire works) I noticed that the flow of traffic going towards the exit from the walkways off to the right of the pictures ran right into the right side of the arch causing a backup. I wonder if they are doing something to smooth the flow?

Comment

I love the arch, but I've been looking at it for two years going "are they ever going to fix the lights?". Finally, about three months ago they did, but there were still some bulb burn outs and popcorn lighting that had fallen. Now that I see it gone, I hope it stays gone. This will allow for WAY better traffic flow during parades/ fireworks/ Fantasmic! It also opens the area up quite a bit more, making coke corner look more inviting. Good job, Disney!
                        WELCOME ABOARD
                        THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

Originally posted by gary94080 View Post
                          looking at those elevated garbage bins where the left side of the arc was makes me think that something is still being worked on
                          There is stil a little bit of infrastructe left, which the cans on one side and planter on the other, are standing over.

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...post1056830595
                          Last edited by swampymarsh; 09-04-2012, 09:44 PM.
                          Be Cool Stay in School!
                          Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
                            There is stil a little bit of infrastructe left, which the cans on one side and planter on the other, are standing over.

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...post1056830595
                            thanks, I hadn't seen that yet, I just saw the elevated bases in the picture. if they are going to remove the electrical lines, I wonder why they didn't do it when they had the green barrier up? maybe they are going to redo/upgrade the paving in the area?

Comment

The archway always bugged me since that area hasn't been known as "Corner Cafe" for years.

Comment

Ohh no its the Waterfalls incident all over again

I can go either way on this....looks fine either way really
                                Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

The regular day guest isn't going to notice that it is gone. I am curious to see if they replace it and why they stopped when they clearly were not finished.

Comment

I think it looks OK. The arch did present a visual barrier of sorts...

Comment

How long has that arch been there? I doubt it was there on opening day but I could be wrong.

And my opinion -- I'm ok with it either way. I had to ask for pictures earlier because I couldn't remember it. And now that they posted pictures I do remember but then I realized its something that I really didn't pay much attention to anyway.

Comment

It looks much more open over there. I like it.
                                        DisneyTwins
                                        Since May 2003

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X