Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since Indiana Jones Adventure is down for the needed refurbishment now....

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] Since Indiana Jones Adventure is down for the needed refurbishment now....

What do you think Disney and the imagineers are going to do instead of just fixing it up? Like a major overhaul to the jeeps' computers and ride system? Fix all the audio bugs, repair and restore the missing effects? Also, replace all those non-moving 'rubber' snakes to more elaborate animatronics that slithers as if it is moving? You can see the ground move now if they are animatronic snakes! All the three Indy animatronic figures will get a facelift, no more creepy eyes on Indy. Now they have put the old wall up that Disney used since the construction of Indiana Jones Adventure with a new sign: 'The Adventure Continues Winter 2012.'

I also heard that the outdoor portion of the queue will be refurbished as well, like the gas-powered generator will be loud again, the wires for the old lights might be replaced, since Temple of the Forbidden Eye is newly-excavated ruined temple.

I think spike room will also be fixed for its downtime due to obnoxious kids and guests damaging the bamboo pole by making the trap more durable.

I can't wait to ride Indiana Jones Adventure again and see how much fixed and restored.

So, what are your thoughts on this? It's been 8 years since Indy has its last refurb. The previous major refurbishment was back in 2004. A long awaited gap and hopefully Disney will address all those downtime problems as well as fixing up show problems and its audio and ride system.

Walt Disney's Original Magic Kingdom!
    Save
    Sav

Re: Since Indiana Jones Adventure is down for the needed refurbishment now....

Maybe they will give it the same kind of special edition refurb that Lucas did to the Star Wars movies.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Is it just me, or is the boulder still not coming out as far as it used to?

I'd consider the downtime to be completely worth it if the booby traps in the indoor queue were all fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
        Maybe they will give it the same kind of special edition refurb that Lucas did to the Star Wars movies.
        Fie upon you!

I'd just be really happy if they fixed the queue effects and it didn't break down all the time. I don't think the scheduled refurb period is long enough to do a major structural overhaul.

Comment

If they restored it to it's original luster again I'd be happy.

I wouldn't mind if they changed the stagnant projection on the scrim of the dead guy before the boulder as you round that corner. It's very dim, and the sound comes much later than when you see the image.
          -Brian

Comment

Replacing some sections of track, updating lighting, and lots of painting.
            Be Cool Stay in School!
            Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post

Yeah not only are they adding a loop and mermaids to the ride but there's going to be gungans throughout it.

Comment

They are going to add a Crystal Skull and a new scene that you swing from vines with monkeys. Plus Shia Lebeouf at the end of the ride instead of Indy.

Comment

Instead of a mere snake, I prefer they change it to Medusa. Call the ride the Wrath of the Titans.

Comment

Originally posted by ohmyjustin View Post
                    Is it just me, or is the boulder still not coming out as far as it used to?

I'd consider the downtime to be completely worth it if the booby traps in the indoor queue were all fixed.

It's not just you. I've noticed as well... I think the room is not moving as much as it's supposed to. Which I think is pretty bad show (and probably why this rehab was badly needed).
                    I have a dream
                    A song to sing
                    To help me cope
                    Trough everything

If you see the wonder
                    of a FairyTale
                    You can take the future
                    even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
                    Something good in everything I see
                    I believe in Angels
                    When I know the time is right for me...

I'll cross the stream.... I have a dream

Comment

Most things they'll be doing is just fixing things......I do hope one year it will go down and allow them to make some BIG improvements like changing the rat room out...for something else....making the Snake room have more snakes and FINALLY get the falling ceiling to work again

Also stuff like making the Lava pit look more real..by fogging it up..and using projections to make it looks like the lave is moving etc
                      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bamato View Post
                        If they restored it to it's original luster again I'd be happy.
                        This is exactly how I feel. I don't care about updated AA's or adding new features or anything else. The ride is uber popular so they don't need to spend the time and money on new upgrades and features. I want the ride to be restored to how it was when it opened in 1995. My first visit to Disneyland was in 2008 and once I got on these kinds of boards, all I have heard is how much stuff doesn't work or hasn't worked on the ride for years. I want the classic experience!

Comment

Originally posted by Roythe13th View Post
                          This is exactly how I feel. I don't care about updated AA's or adding new features or anything else. The ride is uber popular so they don't need to spend the time and money on new upgrades and features. I want the ride to be restored to how it was when it opened in 1995. My first visit to Disneyland was in 2008 and once I got on these kinds of boards, all I have heard is how much stuff doesn't work or hasn't worked on the ride for years. I want the classic experience!
                          Indeed. My first Indy ride through was in 1998, when the ride was still in great shape. It's still one of my most amazing theme park experiences ever. If they can restore it to its former glory, that alone gives me a reason to return to DLR next year!

Comment

Just so they don't decide that they don't want to lease the franchise anymore and replace it wth Dinosaur. That ride pales in comparison to Indy even though it has the same layout.
                            "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

The queue could use some improving as well. It'd be nice if they could reconfigure it so that the stand-by line is inside.
                              My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

Honestly, all they need to do is fix it up a bit, new paint, make the que look a bit nicer, fix the effects on the ride. I highly doubt there will be no figures or anything like that, but they'll improve slightly on some of the effects, because some of them need it really bad.
                                - Walt Disney

Comment

They need to replace the skin on the first Indy animatronic so he doesn't look like he's 75. It was the most absurd change imaginable and makes absolutely NO sense, since you just get done seeing a video about how the ride takes place in the mid 1930's. I guess this was to have it coincide with the awful Chrystal Skull, which makes it even worse. Whoever green-lit that ridiculous idea should be fired. I don't care if it was Baxter.

Comment

Originally posted by BasilofBakerStreet View Post
                                    They are going to add a Crystal Skull and a new scene that you swing from vines with monkeys. Plus Shia Lebeouf at the end of the ride instead of Indy.
                                    How about Indy just shaking his head after it's all over:

"Aliens... Why'd it have to be aliens?"

Comment

The snake shot first.

Here's to hoping that someone who loves the attraction is in charge of refurbishing it.

Comment

Hoping for some true plussing!
                                        Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X