Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This will be a problem....What would you do?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] This will be a problem....What would you do?

My Fiance doesn't wake up early. And we only have 2.5 days in the park for our honeymoon- and of course, I fully want to utilize all the early hours, as we are staying at the Grand Californian with a 3 Day Park Hopper. However...I don't want to wake my husband (Eeeep!!) up- as I imagine he would get quite cranky quickly.

So I'm thinking of a couple of options...
    #1- Head to the park early solo- soak in as much Disney as I could before going back to the hotel to figure out breakfast plans with my husband.

#2- Stay in the lobby of the Grand Californian and read a newly purchased book on Disneyland until the husband is ready to get up.

And I guess there is always the

#3- Stay in bed and go nuts with desire to be in the park.

I'm struggling...because I know I would go BATTY having to stay in the hotel room when I knew I could be in Disneyland....It would just make me miserable and crazy! But...I also have this feeling that you really need to do stuff together on your Honeymoon. (And yes...of course I will discuss this with FI as well) But am I missing any other options? Does anyone think "Yes- it's your honeymoon. Be a big girl and stay in bed!"?

Or am I just crazy? (Because I think I already knew that part).
    Click image for larger version

Name:	crazy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	7369687

Comment

Re: This will be a problem....What would you do?

IPresume- that wasn't at all offensive or hurtful at all....nope, not one bit. No need to apologize.

I know that my FI really isn't going to care either way. It's just figuring out what I'm okay with. LOL. Besides- he is a first timer, so I don't want to Disneyland him out. But he might surprise me and decide he wants to wake up early to miss some of the lines at RSR.

And it's not so much that I'm interested in what would be the "right" decision...as it is wanting to know what other people would do if they were in my shoes.

Comment

Sounds a bit similar to my honeymoon in Walt Disney World. My wife would rather sleep in, I want to be at the parks at rope drop. Well, I often went in early, and met her later in the morning. I really did relish the solo time. It also gave me a chance to "preview" certain attractions and see if they were to her liking.
        In later years, we've had compromises, such as I'm darn sure that she gets her cup of coffee as we go in, or we go in earlier than she'd like, but later than I'd like.
        Of course, you are more limited on time than we were, so if I were you, I'd go in early by myself. I think it also sends a good message for the marriage that you can both do things your way at times, and one of you does not have to be dominant over the other. There are ways for you to both get your way.
        Remember, just because it's your honeymoon, it doesn't mean you have to be joined at the hip 24-7. Some solo time is great now and then.
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
          Remember, just because it's your honeymoon, it doesn't mean you have to be joined at the hip 24-7. Some solo time is great now and then.
          LOL. This reminds me of why my FI said we couldn't get married at the Ren Faire, because they actually tie your hands together for the day...and FI said it would just drive him crazy, because I'm constantly wandering off and looking at shiny, bright or moving things. :shy:

Comment

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Altohoe I would never have this prOblem I would say have a fun morning to yourself. Being there at rope drop is my favorite time. That is why we have cell phones... He can find you later
              Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come:yea:

Comment

My buddy that I travel a lot to the park with is also a late sleeper. I too like to sleep in, but wake up much earlier than he does...who like your new husband gets cranky if waken up too early...When staying at the GCH I typically will wake up, head down to Jamba Juice, wander around DTD, or CA Adventure staying relatively close to the GCH. When he pops up, he shoots me a text then I head back towards the room. By time he hits the shower and gets ready, I am back at the room and we are off for the day.

New relationships are all about compromise. If you are roaring to go, but wanna let your partner sleep...I would see no problem heading out first thing in AM then meet back in the room once he is ready...that way, you are both on your own pace in the AM with no frustrations over expectations not being met...win win.

Now if that was another hotel where you might have to meet up somewhere, not sure that I would like that if roles were reversed, but the close proximity is one of the advantages of staying at the GCH!

Comment

I would smack him with a frying pan to get him going. Go Rapunzel on him!

Comment

Talk to him first. Let him know that it would be important for you to be a the parks early. This obviously is a big deal to you and he, as your husband, should want you to be happy. You would love it if he could be with you in the morning, but you could go alone too. If I were him, I'd grab a Starbucks as sleep is for the people outside the Haunted Mason.
                    I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

I'm a late sleeper too but, when it's Disney time, I can't sleep anyway... and I'm up at the butt crack of dawn getting ready! I say go to bed early so you can get up early. I'm not paying all that money to sleep in.... time to have fun! LOL.

Comment

He can go nap in the room during the day if he gets tired, I'd think seeing you so excited would rub off on him and he'd be happy to be up with you. I mean it's not like a Honeymoon happens that often (unless you're elizabeth taylor)

Comment

Is it going to be your last time at Disneyland? Enjoy your once-in-a-lifetime honeymoon.

Comment

Find a truck stop, purchase some speed, slip it into his drink on the first day. He'll stay up all three days. Win/win.

Comment

Sincey you are going to be there for a few days, I would try to compromise. Sleep in with him one of the days and have him get up early with you on another. Compromise is what marriage is about.
                              "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by Retrocool View Post
                                Find a truck stop, purchase some speed, slip it into his drink on the first day. He'll stay up all three days. Win/win.
                                A truck stop? Heck there's places within a mile of Disneyland itself where you can find that stuff, if not more.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                                  A truck stop? Heck there's places within a mile of Disneyland itself where you can find that stuff, if not more.

Heck, some people would have you believe you can find that stuff in the parks. :lol:

Comment

Luckily, my fiance gets up early and I'm usually the late sleeper, but when I know we are going to Disneyland, I up by 6am haha. He keeps bugging me to go while I'm getting ready and I have to assure him the park isn't open yet. However, we are going for a week for our honeymoon and since it will be 5 days vs. our usual 2, I think we may sleep in a few times and head over in the afternoon. I would just talk to him about it. Who knows, he may surprise you and be so excited, he'll be ready before you!
                                    "We find it delightfully unlivable here in this ghostly retreat. Every room has wall-to-wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills. Shhh, listen!"
                                    -your host, your ghost host

Trips: 1992 1998 1999x2 2000 2007 2009 2011 2012 2014

Next Trip:
                                    ???

On Friday, October 14th, 2011, my boyfriend of 5 years proposed to me under the tunnel, right before the Court of Angels
                                    in Disneyland! Read my trip report about it here:http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/160167-dlr-mickeys-halloween-party-first-trip-report.html

Here is our honeymoon trip report from December 10th to the 15th 2012:http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...10th-15th.html

Comment

Originally posted by Dillamond View Post
                                      I would smack him with a frying pan to get him going. Go Rapunzel on him!
                                      I'm with this one. He has a choice:

1) Sleep in
                                      2) Go to Disneyland

You're not going to find a populace of people at this forum who understand choice #1 very much, myself included. He has the vast majority of his life to sleep in and he wants to do this NOW? HERE?! His inner child doesn't know what he's missing.

Going alone would make me feel alone if in your position. It would make me doubt if I'm in the right relationship but that's just me. In your case I can only hope you have a way to motivate him. Whatever the case, it's a honeymoon and not worth stirring up an argument over but I really wish he'd see how important this is to you.

Comment

Wake him up in a newlywed sort of way!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X