Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About the Long Indiana Jones Ride Refurb.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] About the Long Indiana Jones Ride Refurb.

So Indy is finally having a long refurbishment time. I decided to look more into it and found out that over the years some special effects have gone missing. I just wanted to know what those special effects were. So far I found out that one of the special effects was during the treasure room. You can't see the face of mara because its covered in a layer of fog. Halfway up a bright flash happens tempting you to look into that direction. your basically tricked into seeing into maras eyes and a gust of wind from the statue clears out the fog in order for you to see the full face. Hope they bring that back because now Mara is out clear as day and even though you know its there, you don't look into its eyes and yet your still sent to the gates of doom. Its more convincing to have it trick you into seeing it.

Re: About the Long Indiana Jones Ride Refurb.

This sounds promising, as I never knew all the effect either - I had never hear of this one in particular...

Comment

Agreed with Animark. They should trick you into seeing it, not make it so obvious.

Comment

Hmmm that is one I had never heard of as well! It would be cool if they could bring it back in
        sigpic

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Comment

Some other effects that were taken out would be the falling debris (ice machine) and the bouncing motion of the rolling boulder but I doubt these two will ever be fixed...

Comment

I had no idea that was supposed to be the effect. I've always kind of wondered about that ... there's just a looming face in front of you and a few awkward strobes and all of a sudden you're swept away. I'd love to see this happen!

Comment

Starting with the que, fix the pole that brings down the spiked roof and it has been several years since the que took you by Indy's office. Over the years the intensity of the flames has steadily been reduced and on our last trip the ball never moved.

Comment

Items that are in need of fixing in order to restore Indy back to its 1995 version

1. The pole and spike room ceiling
                2. Man on the rope
                3. The three chambers of destiny
                4. Explosion effects and beam of lights from Mara
                5. Skeleton's popping out
                6. Vortex fire in the eye of Mara and restoration of other fire effects. (hit or miss)
                7. Lava pit restored
                8. Black Lights in the dart room
                9. Boulder not rotating
                10. Random programs of Jeeps and overall toned down nature
                11. Repainting, especially in the golden cave
                12. Restore falling ice effect
                13. Audio on jeeps failing or stalling in certain areas, usually after the bridge
                Last edited by Seawolf; 09-06-2012, 05:40 PM.

Comment

I have noticed that about the audio. In a recent trip I was waiting for Indy to comment on the snake. He never said anything. hopefully they bring back all these effects. I went on this ride in the 90s but I barely remember any of it.

Comment

RE: the spike room in the queue. My friend actually got it to work when I went with her in late August. It took some effort, but they did fall (slowly).

Comment

From what I can tell the pole in the spike room does work every once and a while, but it's a hit or miss. I would actually love to see them upgrade the screen with the ghost king guy since you can barely see him anymore.
                      sigpic

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Comment

they will add a on ride camera
                        Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

Originally posted by mratigan View Post
                          they will add a on ride camera
                          ...and a loop!

Comment

I heard once that when you head toward the Gates of Doom, you are supposed to be floating on a cloud of fog. That's why the jeep moves in that floating motion. I guess the effect was too difficult to maintain.
                            www.youtube.com/lundopictures

Comment

I was told by more than one CM that the dropping-spikes effect in the queue was disabled because parents had children on their shoulders, and that kids were getting hit in the head.

I was able to ride Indy just a few weeks after it opened, but I was so young that I don't remember things like the falling "lava" (ice) or other effects. But still, there are many aspects of this ride that even new comers can tell used to do something, and don't anymore.

Does anyone here remember the symbol decoders? I still have mine!

Comment

Originally posted by AhpalovestheDuck View Post
                                Starting with the que, fix the pole that brings down the spiked roof and it has been several years since the que took you by Indy's office. Over the years the intensity of the flames has steadily been reduced and on our last trip the ball never moved.
                                You can always ask to see Indy Office if you want to look in it. That's what I do. Normally they use it only for Handicapped and Single Riders. When I ride single rider, I enjoy looking in it, so if I'm with someone in the normal I always ask to see it if they haven't before.

Originally posted by MarenBoBarren View Post
                                From what I can tell the pole in the spike room does work every once and a while, but it's a hit or miss. I would actually love to see them upgrade the screen with the ghost king guy since you can barely see him anymore.
                                Yeah, I have found it to be working off and on too. I assume they keep fixing it whenever it breaks. You have to remember that it takes some time to reset itself after it goes, even after it's gone back up it needs like another 30 seconds. People trying to make it go while it is resetting and pulling with all their might during this time is what breaks it. I don't even try if I heard it go already or can see that it just went back up, because it won't work and it hurts it. It DOES take the force of my whole body weight against it to get it to go! It's been working every time I've tried this year except for a few weeks ago.

As far as scrims go... yeah, they could all use a repaint. Hopefully we'll get that in this go-round since it's not like heavy construction or anything. There's Ghost King guy and also the scrims in the treasure room.
                                "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

it sounds like a lot of things don't work anymore. Makes me sad to think about, honestly.
                                  Getting to ride it when it was pretty new was an amazing experience.

Still have my decoder cards too!

Comment

yes i need one
                                    Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

We are going to Disneyland during Christmas week. Do you think the Indiana Jones ride refurbishing will be done by then?

Comment

I still have mine as well. But I can not remember what the messages said. Hopefully nothing to do with AT&T lol

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X