Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Blue Bayou Question: Lunch of Dinner?

I am planning on going to Blue Bayou during my 3-day trip this October but I am having a little difficulty deciding whether it would be better to do lunch or dinner. When I ate there in March we did lunch and I didn't mind it. Is there anything besides the expanded menu that makes dinner more worth it?
    Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Re: Blue Bayou Question: Lunch of Dinner?

Originally posted by DrFink View Post
    Is there anything besides the expanded menu that makes dinner more worth it?
    The dark evening or night sky will match better with the interior ambiance.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

::shrugs:: I've heard that the best reason to go to the Blue Bayou is the Monte Cristo sandwich, which you can only get at lunch.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fe6b0c8ae44fbda6_montecristofull.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	7344681

Comment

You can get a Monte Cristo at Cafe Orleans, though, and that doesn't usually require a reservation. If you're going to the Blue Bayou, I think it's worth getting something not available elsewhere.

Comment

I got the beef strip loin last time. It was one of the best steaks I have ever had.

Comment

Best reason to go to the Blue Bayou for Lunch: The Monte Cristo sandwich

Best reason to go for Dinner: the Steak and Lobster (Seriously the BEST I've ever had)

Also, you can check out the menus for both Lunch and Dinner at AllEar.net... If everyone in your party wants something that's only served at Lunch/Dinner then the choice is easy

Comment

Seriously? The Blue Bayou is a good restaurant....... and a great one by Disneyland standards, but the only reason to eat there is for a good/decent sit down meal inside Disneyland or to absorb the ambiance of sitting in a twilight Louisiana Bayou that in the back of your mind leads to "Pirates".......

Appetizers are acceptable, but nothing special, the Monte Cristo "IS" the Monte Cristo..... but the strip steak or the lobster for the price is ludicrous......... It's presented well, the ambiance is nice, but I wouldn't call the Blue Bayou a "high-end" restaurant........ it's just expensive, and within Disneyland, but otherwise unimpressive.

I've had steaks at less expensive places and at home that would put the BB to shame for flavor and tenderness....... I wouldn't even think of ordering Lobster there........

Because the Monte Cristo is available at Cafe Orleans, I rarely go to BB unless I take my niece, who loves the waterside tables..... Yes, it's inside "Pirates", but it's NOT Club 33 or even Napa Grill quality, I haven't been to Cathay Circle yet.....

If you enjoy the ambiance of BB, then by all means go...... when you go depends on your plans for the day. Given the menu, if I had a park-hopper, I'd opt for Cathay Circle and it's menu. If I was only in Disneyland, I'd hit BB for lunch, have a Monte Cristo and move on. If you want a steak.... I'd make reservations for Napa Grill......

I love the atmosphere of BB, but the prices and middling food would make me think twice..... If you can get into Club 33 - GO! By all means......... just go......... For some reason, I think the quality of the cooking at Club 33 is so far superior to to BB it is worth the price......... apparently because Club 33 manages it's own kitchen.........

Comment

By "Napa Grill" are you actually meaning the Napa Rose at DGC? Calling it the napa grill, makes that outstanding, high class restaurant sound like an "Outback" style franchise steak bar.

BB has lost its appeal for me over the years. The last two times we ate there we had issues with the service and the food, for what they charge, was so so. The only thing really holding it up is the atmosphere it gives you can't get anywhere else.

I love Cafe Orleans and enjoy the atmosphere of sitting outside when we go there...and I can get the Monte Cristo there.

I have not been able to try the Carthay yet, but look forward to it.

As for the OP's choice, lunch or dinner, i suppose it depends on whether or not you want the Monte Cristo (if that matters to you) as it is only available at lunch and what your group's schedule will be and where a longer, sit down, meal will fit into it. Either way, enjoy!

Comment

I personally prefer Cafe Orleans because of the french onion soup, but my family wants to do Blue Bayou. I am pushing for lunch and others are arguing for dinner. What I want to eat is served at both lunch and dinner.

Comment

Lunch.

Comment

The Jambalaya is superb!

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamer28 View Post
                        The Jambalaya is superb!

That is also served at Cafe Orleans and I agree, it is amazing!

Comment

I prefer dinner there, and the cafe New Orleans has the most AMAZING gumbo!! mmmmm

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

We agreed on lunch so we can do World of Color later that night.

Either way I will get bread and gumbo. I am happy.:thumbup:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X