This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] So No Alice refurb??

In an Al Lutz update about a month ago, he said that once summer winds down, Alice would go up for a refurb to figure out the tarp situation. Well, September has started, and it's not on the official list. Has it been pushed back yet again?! Or maybe there are too many attractions on the refurb list right now. I'm ready for some progress.

Re: So No Alice refurb??

I really hope it doesn't go down this month. I think I read a rumor from a fellow Micechatter that they are waiting for some parts. Supposedly, when they get what they need, Alice will probably go down quickly without notice. He/she said they heard it isn't likely to happen before (I think the date they said was...) Oct. 14? I dunno, I hope that's the case because I really want to go on it this month. lol
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

Comment

Last time I was there it was down. There were tarps everywhere covering the ride...oh wait, never mind!

Comment

It will be nice once it goes down so that Disney can correct its irresponsibility.
        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Just go off the Mickey and friends tram. I noticed that there were brand new metal Alice leaves all wrapped up in the back stage area visible from the tram. My bet is that it's going to happen very soon.
          In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinrar View Post
            Just go off the Mickey and friends tram. I noticed that there were brand new metal Alice leaves all wrapped up in the back stage area visible from the tram. My bet is that it's going to happen very soon.
            Good!
            "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

thanks everybody!

Comment

It might not be on the official list because Disney apparently doesn't want to keep it updated...

Comment

Disney is trying NOT to close the attraction down, most popular attractions are down currently and Alice is a huge people eater, so what they're hoping to do is to fix the attraction one piece at a time

Comment

Originally posted by Pinrar View Post
                    We ran right past those during the 5K on Sept 1. The race route went backstage right at the back of the indy showroom and then around past where those Alice props were being stored.

Comment

What would be the refurb? It's a nice ride. The only thing I can think of is that they could use that open area to do something with

Comment

Originally posted by Big Phil View Post
                        What would be the refurb? It's a nice ride. The only thing I can think of is that they could use that open area to do something with
                        They are fixing the temporary safety railings on the vine with something more permanent and aesthetically pleasing.

Comment

The refurb has never been pushed back to begin with. Storybook and Casey were the only Fantasyland attractions to go down at the end of Summer to begin with. Alice was never a part of it.

Comment

It was up and working on Saturday. And as usual it was an enjoyable ride There is a lot going on at Disneyland with the city hall/fire station area under tarps, IJA under refurb, story book land rides under refurb, and the HM closed for it's holiday overlay.

Comment

i asked a CM and said VERY VERY soon
                              so maybe with out any notice
                              Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

Originally posted by mratigan View Post
                                i asked a CM and said VERY VERY soon
                                so maybe with out any notice
                                ughhh.. I really want to go on this in October...

Comment

I'm going in 6 days, and if there's another all-of-a-sudden ride closure, without notice, I'm going to lose it.

Comment

Originally posted by abooch View Post
                                    ughhh.. I really want to go on this in October...
                                    Originally posted by Santoanderson View Post
                                    I'm going in 6 days, and if there's another all-of-a-sudden ride closure, without notice, I'm going to lose it.
                                    I'm with you guys! My favorite Fantasyland rides are 1. Storybookland and 2. Alice in Wonderland. My number one will be closed, I don't know if my heart can take it if Alice is closed as well. Good grief, how old am I? lol
                                    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

Comment

I'm sure they are waiting for Storybookland and Casey Jr. to be done before closing Alice. Otherwise that would be 3 attractions down in one land.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X