X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Turret Syndrome / Castle update

sigpic

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    - - Walt Disney

Re: Turret Syndrome / Castle update

Nice find!

Comment

ORDDU: I believe I had mentioned--before--that this little tower has sentimental value for me, personally, since I used to spend time there with Prince Phillip before he and Princess Aurora finally tied the knot...

Comment

IMG_1424 by socal_ron, on Flickr

Comment

Thanx for the better photo. I need iphone5, my antique 1 has no zoom.
          sigpic

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
          - - Walt Disney

Comment

Is it just me, or does it appear that they did not paint this turret when the castle was repainted a pink color several years ago? It looks grey to me, so it seems that it's the original color of the castle back when it was grey. I'm not sure, maybe it is pink, but I can't tell from the picture.

Comment

It's either original paint scheme or the paint has completely faded away.
              DisneyTwins
              Since May 2003

Comment

From what I remember it's the original colors. I wish they would spread that thought to the rest of the castle, but that will never happen. At least we can see it again!

Comment

Definitely. I noticed that right away about the little lost turret, it was so long forgotten that its was not even painted. You can see that very clearly in the last photo from my original posting:

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...re-photos.html

The roof tiles on top are still not glossy/pearly.....yet. Personally, I always preferred the more natural realistic look.
                  sigpic

- - Walt Disney

Comment

oh nice. iit does look original painting to me which is very cool

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X