This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for DCA re-theme

With the speculated entrance remodel, now is the time for a new DCA theme.

DCA has certain attributes that will be hard to fight with any re-theme. Tower of Terror is it's best attraction, but it's hidden around a corner. The park is ugly and surround by powerlines and hotels. Mostly though, the park is dead. Hence my idea which enhances what DCA already has going for it. I suggest renaming Disney's California Adventure to...

Disney's Park of the Dead

Atractions would include Tower of Terror, Soarin' would travel over cemetaries and pump in the smell of corpses, and well, the park just works so well with this new theme. Even the ugliness of the park would work now. I really don't need to go on, such a powerful re-theme just works itself out.

Re: Idea for DCA re-theme

:botox:

Comment

Originally posted by Lore
      I really don't need to go on, such a powerful re-theme just works itself out.
      No... it doesn't.

Comment

Here's an idea. Call DCA, Disneyland 2. Use the tried and true method to attract people. It worked for Florida, Paris, Hong Kong etc.
        sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Yep, death is very attractive...

Comment

Originally posted by pineapplewhipaddict
            Yep, death is very attractive...
            It works for Haunted Mansion!

Comment

:blink: , mmkay then.

Comment

Disney's California Studios!

:thumbup: "This guy!"

Comment

Just gut the whole thing and shoehorn WestCOT in the space around the TOT (Too Expensive to Move) and GCH (Too Good to Move).

Comment

How about we keep Disney's California Adventure the same and keep the theming (the California theme) the same and just keep adding more and more attractions based on the state of California? That sounds like a great idea! :cgrin:

Comment

Atractions would include Tower of Terror, Soarin' would travel over cemetaries and pump in the smell of corpses, and well, the park just works so well with this new theme. Even the ugliness of the park would work now. I really don't need to go on, such a powerful re-theme just works itself out.
                      Only if we get CMs dressed as zombies chasing you around the park yelling "Braaaiiinnnns...."

Or maybe they could turn Soarin' into a plane crash simulator?

Comment

That would be awesome, since Disney owns LOST!

Comment

Originally posted by Lore
                          With the speculated entrance remodel, now is the time for a new DCA theme.

DCA has certain attributes that will be hard to fight with any re-theme. Tower of Terror is it's best attraction, but it's hidden around a corner. The park is ugly and surround by powerlines and hotels. Mostly though, the park is dead. Hence my idea which enhances what DCA already has going for it. I suggest renaming Disney's California Adventure to...

Disney's Park of the Dead

I never understood why they just dont compete with Knotts and do a scary farm type thing that actually is scary like Knotts.

Comment

Disney's California

Disney's California Park

Disney's California theme park

Disneyland Park and Disney's California Park

It may sound wierd when you pronounce it, but that's only because we are used to hearing the word Adventure after Disney's California.

Comment

Originally posted by drnilescrane
                              Just gut the whole thing and shoehorn WestCOT in the space around the TOT (Too Expensive to Move) and GCH (Too Good to Move).
                              I like that idea. But they could even improve it. Why don't they just tear off ToT and Hollywood Studios connect it to Disneyland and finally add Hollywoodland along with some new rides/shows. And Grand Californian stay where it is. If they build WestCOT World Showcase, instead of an American pavillion, a California Pavillion, and keep the park entrance.
                              Last edited by pancakesaregood; 01-20-2006, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X