Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you ever take time to appreciate the employees? :)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Do you ever take time to appreciate the employees? :)

As many times as I've been, I am still in awe each time I visit as to how they could possibly make something so wonderful.
    It seems like everything in the park is so clean, so well kept, so organized, so friendly, so happy, so magical...
    it's crazy! It must take a lot of hard working and dedicated people to keep it that way, and I must say I am impressed. Some of the things that make my jaw drop:

Seeing Fantasmic or World of Color...wow, just wow. I don't know how they do it. I would love to watch a full length movie about the behind the scenes of these two shows because when I see WOC/F virgins watching the show, I can tell by their faces that they have never seen anything like this before.

Seeing all the Christmas decorations...this is insane! They really do go all out on these, and if you have yet to see the park's Christmas decorations, I highly recommend you do. Everywhere you turn there is not a pole un-wreathed, a light burnt out, or a stocking out of place. It literally looks like you are in some kind of fantasyland (no pun intended I guess).

Seeing the park's cleanliness..I've literally never been anywhere as clean as Disneyland. And the fact that I can say that about a theme park is something to think about. If you haven't noticed this yet because you don't visit often (or you zoom through the park), stop and look around next time. It really is beautiful. There is no trash, anywhere. Don't throw trash on the floor!

And many more things. Disneyland is something unlike any other place. I'd like to thank all the cast members and all the higher up executives at Disneyland for working so hard to make it such a wonderful place. I know some people don't appreciate what they do, and complain endlessly about how it sucks because of a) b) and c), and that's really a shame because if all you do is whine and complain and refuse to go there because they took out your favorite ride or they changed something, you're missing the point of Disneyland entirely. Yes, Disneyland is about nostalgia and feeling like a child again, but that doesn't mean everything is constantly going to remain the same. Heck, if everything had remained the same since opening day, or 40 years ago, or 20, or 10, or even 2 years ago, think how much less fun the park would be. I think it's incredible the changes that Disneyland gets put through, the revamps, the makeovers, the refurbishments, everything. Because in the end, Disneyland never ceases to amaze me and fill my heart with wonder.

I really do appreciate everyone who makes it such a fun place to be. Your hard work is noticed by me, and I'm sure by many others here on micechat and around the world.

Please leave your comments telling how much you appreciate Disneyland and those who strive to make it great.

Re: Do you ever take time to appreciate the employees?

I am always in awe of the park's cleanliness, as well. Whenever I visit other theme parks and see how grungy they can be with trash and dirt everywhere it makes you realize just how hard Disney works to keep their parks landscaped and clean. It's super appreciated.

I usually strike up conversation with Disney employees when I visit and I have brought it up before. Paying even the smallest compliments can make a person's day. I always try to do so.
    Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

I used to give out custom made pins to CM's who went above and beyond during my visits.

Micenation

Comment

Originally posted by orbitalpunk View Post
        I used to give out custom made pins to CM's who went above and beyond during my visits.
        that's so awesome! I want to do that!!

---------- Post added 09-08-2012 at 09:33 AM ----------

Originally posted by DrFink View Post
        I am always in awe of the park's cleanliness, as well. Whenever I visit other theme parks and see how grungy they can be with trash and dirt everywhere it makes you realize just how hard Disney works to keep their parks landscaped and clean. It's super appreciated.

I usually strike up conversation with Disney employees when I visit and I have brought it up before. Paying even the smallest compliments can make a person's day. I always try to do so.
        good for you. that's great

Comment

When I worked at Disney It was very very motivating to hear guest compliments. It made he all happy and fuzzy inside.
          DisneyTwins
          Since May 2003

Comment

With our upcoming trip, I've been preparing some CM appreciation. I also don't want to miss some of those people working behind the scenes. So I made a card and sent an e-mail thank you to the reservations team, who worked with me as I called them for multiple days in a row making dining reservations.

We are also using the leftovers of our wedding invitations to make little thank you cards to hand out in the park to those that we really want to appreciate for making our day feel special. Our invitations were made with plantable paper- so the CMs will have something to brighten their day, just as they brightened ours!
            Last edited by lunarsongbird; 09-08-2012, 09:04 AM.

Comment

I email CM compliments every night when I return to the hotel during my stay.
              I also talk to any CM willing to strike up a conversation with me about the park, pins, entertainment, stories etc.

I always clear my own tables, pick up little pieces of trash, tidy up in messy bathrooms, hold doors open and try to be a stress free guest to interact with.
              sigpic

Comment

I will sometimes thank the bathroom or janitorial cast members. I really do appreciate what they do.
                I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

Originally posted by QueenBee View Post
                  I email CM compliments every night when I return to the hotel during my stay.
                  I also talk to any CM willing to strike up a conversation with me about the park, pins, entertainment, stories etc.

I always clear my own tables, pick up little pieces of trash, tidy up in messy bathrooms, hold doors open and try to be a stress free guest to interact with.

Very nice!

---------- Post added 09-08-2012 at 10:09 AM ----------

On another note: Last year we noticed a lead CM at the end of the night who's town was right next to our hometown. (Literally minutes away) We talked to her for a while about what she was doing down in Anaheim, her thoughts on working for Disney, her family, and we thanked her for working late so we could enjoy our vacation together as a family.

Fast forward 3 months: My boss walks into my office and says that she wants to introduce me to one of my new co-workers....it's the same CM!! My professional response? "I know you! I know you! We met over in Critter Country late one night! Remember us?"

I ask her about Disney all the time.
                  Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Comment

ill thank them and pic up all trash i can get
                    Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

When I'm with a cast member who goes over and above, usually in a restaurant, I'll ask for the manager. It's fun because they get a little nervous at this. When the manager comes, I'll tell just how wonderful this cast member was. It makes both people veryhappy, since they're used to complaints instead of compliments.

I've written letters to corporate about specific cast members who were just wonderful.
                      By the way, nice little tip: I address the letter to the ceo of the company. That way, as it filters down to the appropriate person, many, many people in management get to read about how awesome they were.
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

My daughter and I stop by City Hall to compliment especially "Magical" CMs.

Comment

Years ago I wrote to DL heaping praise on all the CMs and telling them what a wonderful trip we had. Days later I received a thank you letter and an autographed photo of Mickey and Minnie. I'm a firm believer in commendations when appropriate. The world needs more positive things!

Comment

One night I was looking for something to keep our baby boy entertained. He seems to be enamored with items that flash and glow so I wanted to pick up one of those clear plastic LED wands from the ODV carts that show up at dusk around the park.

All I had on me at the time was a few bucks in cash and my debit card. The girl working the cart told me that she could only accept cash and the final price was about 6 bucks. I only had four and I wasn't about to grab a 20 from a non-bank ATM and pay the convenience fee.

The CM told me cheerfully that I could get the exact same item in the Main Street Emporium just a few steps away with my debit card. On top of that, I could also use my AP for the discount. Not only did I save a buck more, I avoided the ATM fee.

I felt bad that maybe the loss of the sale might somehow ding the poor girl, but she assured me that it wouldn't be the case. Nonetheless, I walked over to City Hall and told the host up there how helpful the ODV girl was. He filled out a card, took the CM name and thanked me with a handshake. Felt great to be able to do that and our boy loved the wand.
                            "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

Picking up trash and cleaning up your own tables is a very nice gesture, but ultimately that is doing the CMs a disservice if you think about it. That's a CM's job, and if everyone were to do this then that CM wouldnt be needed. A simple thank you should be sufficient enough to thank them for the very hard work that they do.

Comment

One way to show appreciation for the employees is to email the DLR and protest the shabby way that employees are being treated this year at Holiday time.

See this thread.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                                it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                                together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                                designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                                - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                                - Bob Chapek

Comment

When ever I ask for a certain seat on a ride I always say please and thank you. I don't know how many times a CM has said to me you are the first person who has said that to me all day!!! A little kindness goes a long way to help brighten the day of people who are trying to make our day magical!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                                    Picking up trash and cleaning up your own tables is a very nice gesture, but ultimately that is doing the CMs a disservice if you think about it. That's a CM's job, and if everyone were to do this then that CM wouldnt be needed. A simple thank you should be sufficient enough to thank them for the very hard work that they do.
                                    mmm, I respectfully disagree :/ There are many more things a CM could be doing if they weren't dealing with people's trash. I'm sure nobody would be complaining, or out of things to do, if we all picked up our trash. There are more behind the scenes things that the CM's have to do, plus they have to help people sometimes and show them where something is, I don't think they would think it was a disservice, but rather a great help

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                                      One way to show appreciation for the employees is to email the DLR and protest the shabby way that employees are being treated this year at Holiday time.

See this thread.

Seriously it's ridiculous. The more human resource classes I take the more convinced I am that I could never work for Disney.
                                      Last edited by Bronco21; 09-09-2012, 12:29 AM.
                                      Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

See this thread.

Is there a specific email or form that would be most effective for this, and get to the right people? I honestly wish I knew someone at the OC Register or LAist who could cover this. LAist takes anonymous tips but I think they'd want the original email for proof, and obviously I am not a CM so I don't have one.
                                        Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X