This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Totally Random Family Disney Stories

What are some totally random disney stories you have been told in your lifetime? Stories that might be passed down through the generations in your families now. Or perhaps stories you like bringing up when talking about Disney with someone for the first time.

Story Time!!

My mother occasionally tells me that one of her childhood friend's mother dated Walt Disney. She thought his ideas were pretty ridiculous and she broke up with him. (Good thing they didn't stay together, who knows what would have happened. Interesting how small(ish) decisions have the possibility of changing entire lifetimes. And in this case...the lifetimes of millions of people.)

Re: Totally Random Family Disney Stories

I had my first laugh ever​, when I was a baby, in Mickey's Toontown!
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

that Walt is frozen :thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown :thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown
      Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

that my grandma got tricked into going on Splash Mountain

This was when I was a baby so I don't have any memory of it, but I was there. And I heard it from my cousin recently and I was laughing my butt off.

Apparently, my (then) 70 year old grandma was at Disneyland with her kids and grandkids. She wasn't a big ride kind of person, she mostly just stuck with pirates and hm, small world, tiki room.

We rounded the bend to Critter Country, and there was Splash Mountain. I don't know how, or if she thought it was a separate ride, but somehow grandma missed the screaming people dropping down a mountain in a log, soaking wet. Anyhow, we got to the entrance and she was wary, wasn't sure if she wanted to ride this one. My devious older cousins somehow convinced her that it was a little kiddie ride, a nice log ride that took you through various scenes of wildlife critters. She seemed to be okay with that, and we got in line.

Once aboard, she enjoyed herself, until we got to the first drop. She has a thick spanish accent if you can imagine, and she was looking around at her nieces and asking them why there was a drop if they promised her it was a small ride. After grandma went down the first drop, she was a little mad, but they insisted they didn't know, and that it was the only drop.

As we approached the big hill, my cousins were giggling and laughing about what a surprise grandma was in for. The log started creaking up the hill, and suddenly my grandma's eyes widened and she knew what was up. Starts screaming at them in Spanish, freaking out, kind of laughing, my cousins still find this hilarious.

We go down the big drop, grandma gets soaked, is not very happy with the cousins but can't help but smile.

hahahah. I'm laughing writing this because I can just imagine what it would be like if I were in her situation, thinking it's a nice small ride.

Comment

Oh Greeneyes....that's an awful and funny story all at the same time! LOL! :lol: It sounds like she was a good sport.

Comment

According to family legend, friends of my parents were given an opportunity to invest money in Disneyland but turned it down thinking it was a crackpot idea.
            "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by greeeneyes17 View Post
              that my grandma got tricked into going on Splash Mountain

This was when I was a baby so I don't have any memory of it, but I was there. And I heard it from my cousin recently and I was laughing my butt off.

Apparently, my (then) 70 year old grandma was at Disneyland with her kids and grandkids. She wasn't a big ride kind of person, she mostly just stuck with pirates and hm, small world, tiki room.

We rounded the bend to Critter Country, and there was Splash Mountain. I don't know how, or if she thought it was a separate ride, but somehow grandma missed the screaming people dropping down a mountain in a log, soaking wet. Anyhow, we got to the entrance and she was wary, wasn't sure if she wanted to ride this one. My devious older cousins somehow convinced her that it was a little kiddie ride, a nice log ride that took you through various scenes of wildlife critters. She seemed to be okay with that, and we got in line.

Once aboard, she enjoyed herself, until we got to the first drop. She has a thick spanish accent if you can imagine, and she was looking around at her nieces and asking them why there was a drop if they promised her it was a small ride. After grandma went down the first drop, she was a little mad, but they insisted they didn't know, and that it was the only drop.

As we approached the big hill, my cousins were giggling and laughing about what a surprise grandma was in for. The log started creaking up the hill, and suddenly my grandma's eyes widened and she knew what was up. Starts screaming at them in Spanish, freaking out, kind of laughing, my cousins still find this hilarious.

We go down the big drop, grandma gets soaked, is not very happy with the cousins but can't help but smile.

hahahah. I'm laughing writing this because I can just imagine what it would be like if I were in her situation, thinking it's a nice small ride.
              Oh my, this is hilarious! My dad did the exact thing to me when I was little. I was terrified of all the Disneyland mountains, but he insisted that it wasn't the huge water ride that we had just passed, but rather a little boat ride just like "it's a small world". Thankfully, I loved it, and was actually glad that he tricked me into boarding the ride. However, when he pulled the same stunt on my sister, she was traumatized. It took her years to go on Splash Mountain again. Which leads me to my favorite Disneyland story about my sister...

This was the same trip as mentioned above, so my sister had a newly formed hate for drops of any kind. We went on Pirates of the Caribbean. She was okay with the small drops in the beginning, but as we began returning to ground-level at the end of the ride, she started panicking believing that it was a huge Splash Mountain-style drop. My mom attempted to comfort her, but my dad egged her on, saying "yeah, it's a drop, get ready, put your hands up!". As the boat began to dip a little as it transitioned from the lift hill, she thought it was a drop and screamed at the top of her lungs. The other guests in the front of the boat all turned around and gave us strange looks. :lol:

Comment

Two of my relatives appear in the Disneyland Fun sing a long video. My aunt and cousin are sitting right in front of the camera during the Star Tours scene. They said they remember seeing a film crew in the back of the Star Tours cabin when they went on the ride once. It's so weird seeing them in the video.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Princess View Post
                  Two of my relatives appear in the Disneyland Fun sing a long video. My aunt and cousin are sitting right in front of the camera during the Star Tours scene. They said they remember seeing a film crew in the back of the Star Tours cabin when they went on the ride once. It's so weird seeing them in the video.
                  I LOVE that sing along!!

Comment

Originally posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
                    Oh my, this is hilarious! My dad did the exact thing to me when I was little. I was terrified of all the Disneyland mountains, but he insisted that it wasn't the huge water ride that we had just passed, but rather a little boat ride just like "it's a small world". Thankfully, I loved it, and was actually glad that he tricked me into boarding the ride. However, when he pulled the same stunt on my sister, she was traumatized. It took her years to go on Splash Mountain again. Which leads me to my favorite Disneyland story about my sister...

This was the same trip as mentioned above, so my sister had a newly formed hate for drops of any kind. We went on Pirates of the Caribbean. She was okay with the small drops in the beginning, but as we began returning to ground-level at the end of the ride, she started panicking believing that it was a huge Splash Mountain-style drop. My mom attempted to comfort her, but my dad egged her on, saying "yeah, it's a drop, get ready, put your hands up!". As the boat began to dip a little as it transitioned from the lift hill, she thought it was a drop and screamed at the top of her lungs. The other guests in the front of the boat all turned around and gave us strange looks. :lol:
                    I don't know why I was always so gullible and how I apparently had such a bad memory, but EVERY time we made that lift my dad would trick me into thinking it was a big drop... up until I was like 7... good times

---------- Post added 09-09-2012 at 03:48 PM ----------

sooo how many people went and looked this up on youtube to see her aunt and cousin...

*raises hand*

Comment

My grandma is also in The Disneyland Fun sing along! She is in "The Great Outdoors." As one of the Country Bears (I can't remember which one) goes running up the stairs, my gma is trying to come down them. She said she had NO idea what was going on at the time!

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

Comment

Are you serious? I used to watch that all the time as a kid! That's so cool. I wanna watch it now.

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
                        "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
                        "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

Comment

I remember the time that we were eating lunch in the castle. My grandson left the table to use the bathroom, after the meal was over. I was taking care of the bill. Next thing I know he is running back all excited because Cinderella was downstairs. By the time I made my way down the stairs, he was dancing with her. If only, I had had a digital camera back in 2003. The memory is, instead, in my mind.
                          BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by XxBellaThornxX View Post
                            My grandma is also in The Disneyland Fun sing along! She is in "The Great Outdoors." As one of the Country Bears (I can't remember which one) goes running up the stairs, my gma is trying to come down them. She said she had NO idea what was going on at the time!
                            ahahhahah i just saw your grandma!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X