This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] 1940s Dress Up yesterday 9/7

I was at the parks yesterday 9/7 and noticed a lot of guests dressed up in 1940s era fashions. Was this for something similar to Goth Day/Gay Days that I'm completely unaware of? Any insight appreciated.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

Re: 1940s Dress Up yesterday 9/7

Dapper Days. It's where you dress up in the 1940's fashion, just a fun night out like they did in the 1940's. has nothing to do with bat days or gay days...gay days we were red, bat days they were black and very extravagant outfits from the 1800's( i think)

Comment

I always like their event photos- Dapper Day

Bongo had a nice time- http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...-9-7-12-a.html

Comment

Its not just 40's style... you can dress in 50's or 60's era attire also. Its just a day to dress formally and to look smashing!

Inspired by the original Disney Park designer's illustrations, which often featured extremely well dressed guests enjoying the park, Dapper Day events celebrate the tradition of stepping out in style.Any elegant fashions, from period-inspired "Mad Men" looks to the latest couture, are encouraged. Active and retired military, consider wearing your dress uniforms if you like.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
        all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
          Its not just 40's style... you can dress in 50's or 60's era attire also. Its just a day to dress formally and to look smashing!

[/FONT][/COLOR]
          PenguinSoda is correct! Dapper Day was a wonderful evening of all manners of dress, from 1940's to modern times. I LOVED seeing so many wonderfully well heeled guests in the park. Certainly added to the environment and really made the evening fabulous.
          <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Comment

King Arthur's Carousel looks it's best on Dapper Day..

Comment

It was the best I have ever seen the Carousel!
              <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Comment

Sounds swell. Me and the missus will have to attend next year.
                With kind regards,
                The Tony

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X