X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] world of color cathary circle dining package

IS the package worth it?

Also where is the viewing- the previous viewing with WCT or Ariel's was dead center, right down in front. (the wet zone by the circle of paradise park).

Re: world of color cathary circle dining package

Originally posted by met19 View Post
    IS the package worth it?

Also where is the viewing- the previous viewing with WCT or Ariel's was dead center, right down in front. (the wet zone by the circle of paradise park).
    I'd like to know this too, as I already have our Carthay dinner package booked. Hope it's worth it.

Comment

It's a better offer than WCT and AG has(had). To get the WoC tickets all you need to do is let them know you'd like the WoC package and then order an entree and dessert or appetizer. This gives you more choice than you had at AG or have at WCT. The prices are a little to the high side, and it could be too much food, that may be the negatives.

To help you decide here are the menus.
      Lunch Carthay Circle Restaurant Lunch Menu - Disney California Adventure
      Dinner Carthay Circle Restaurant Dinner Menu - Disney California Adventure

The CCR viewing area if standing in the circle fountain area which used to be WoC dinner package viewing and also facing the show will be behind you to the right. It occupies part of the top two tiers which used to be Yellow Zone viewing.
      Be Cool Stay in School!
      Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Didn't even realize that we qualified for the package last time as the tickets were given to us at the end of our dinner. It was a nice section but I've seen WOC from better without having to buy dinner for it.

Comment

i really enjoyed the show from the tier beneath the circle fountain area (the wet zone)- used to be Preferred dining. What is that considered now?

One other question: i used to be told that to see WOC with a color FP you needed to line up 30-60 min prior. With PD it was 30 min prior. What is the timing with PD now vs FP?

Thanks

Comment

i really enjoyed the show from the tier beneath the circle fountain area (the wet zone)- used to be Preferred dining. What is that considered now?
            That area now, is for the WCT dinner package. Which also extends to the left(as viewing the show) to accomodate more WCT guests.

One other question: i used to be told that to see WOC with a color FP you needed to line up 30-60 min prior. With PD it was 30 min prior. What is the timing with PD now vs FP?
            When I did my CCR WoC package this summer I showed up about 60-65 minutes early. Once in Paradise Park I easily got a spot along the railing. It took about 20 minute for the crowd to start gathering behind me. They had to watch over and around me so 30 minutes prior is a bit risky.
            Be Cool Stay in School!

Comment

thanks for the info.

interesting that the wct package gets a better view. thoughts on which is better dining package for view of woc? from what i read the food at CCR is better than WCT.

Comment

interesting that the wct package gets a better view. thoughts on which is better dining package for view of woc?
                The answer is both and niether. It's a matter of opinion. Some like being close up to the show, some like being back to take in the whole show. I myself tend to mix things up by being in different viewing locations each time I watch and have found better and worst spots but I enjoy the varying experience.
                Be Cool Stay in School!

Comment

I haven't seen World of Color in like a year at this point. When I'm down there, as much as I like WoC, I will always choose Fantasmic! Hands down. But I'm doing 2 nights and one night my boyfriend and I are eating at Carthay Circle so I'm excited to get to see the show again. I wanted to spend the evening in Carsland anyway since there is some gorgeous photography to be had if the photos I've seen already are any indication.
                  sigpic

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Comment

Just to let you know. If you want to see the second show, get a reservation after 7 p.m.

And you better ask for the tickets, cause our waitress didn't even offer them to us haha.

Comment

We used the Carthay Circle fastpasses over labor day weekend. The viewing area was at the back, not in the wet zone. Still a good view however and we walked up about 5min before the start of the show. Here is a photo from our location.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Comment

moonliner- that view does not look so good

was your view similar marren?

Comment

Is there an updated color coded woc map?

Comment

Deviating from the topic of the viewing section that you receive access to by dining at CCR, I think that the restaurant itself is worth a visit. The enviornment and the service is fantastic, and the food is absolutely delicious (and in my opinion, you get a pretty good amount). Walking through the doors, you're transported to another world. My family had to leave the park early, so we didn't do the WOC package, but from a food/atmosphere perspective, I would say that it's worth the high price tag.

Comment

was your view similar marren?
                              I know you didn't ask me but I did the dining package too and had that view!

I don't think it was bad at all though?! I could clearly see everything..

Comment

I was happy with it but we did saunter in about 5min before the start of the show so it's possible we would have been in that front section had we arrived earlier.
                                "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Comment

Moonliner's pic is the area we were given for CCR WOC last month. We were a little confused as to why WCT (a less expensive meal) were given viewing areas closer to the water. So, of course, hubby had to go over and chat with a CM to ask about it...not confrontationally, just curious. The CM was very nice and spent time chatting with hubby about it.

The answer was that the CCR tickets were complimentary and management decided that's where the viewing area should be. Whereas with WCT, it was a paid WOC ticket as part of the prix fixe meal. Therefore, WCT diners were offered closer viewing.

We had lunch at CCR, but asked for tickets to the second show without issue. I have seen mentioned that CCR dinner guests are given a choice of the closer WCT area or this one. YMMV

We were fine with the area we were assigned to, but had been looking forward to experiencing the show a little closer up. For past viewings, we have always stood far back in the viewing area and like getting the big picture view of the show. We just thought a different perspective might be nice for a change.

Comment

i appreciate all the answers. I've heard that the CM's will allow you into the WCT area with CCT dinner FP.

Comment

Maybe you should use more words and less abbreviations. What is WCT?

Comment

Originally posted by Mouser172 View Post
                                        Maybe you should use more words and less abbreviations. What is WCT?
                                        Wine Country Trattoria restaurant.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X