This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Can I walk to the Parks from my Hotel-Sheraton Anaheim Hotel

Been to DLR many times mainly just for the day. But this time I'm staying there for a couple of days and doing the Halloween Party on the 29th of Oct.
    Couldn't get Paradise or DLH so had to settle for the Sheraton Anaheim Hotel.
    I know it has a free shuttle, but I'm not big on shuttles...Do any of you know if I can walk to the Park entrance? Or at least to the tram pick up? It's hard to see the sidewalks on googlemaps. Thanks.

Re: Can I walk to the Parks from my Hotel-Sheraton Anaheim Hotel

You won't want to walk to the parks, it's a long way and would probably take about 25 minutes at a decent pace. Likewise you could walk to the Mickey and Friend Garage Trams but that would probably take about 25-30 minutes. A little longer because of waiting for the trams but it will save some footsteps. You can stay on your side of Disneyland Dr. following the side walk south, after going on the overpass and back down to the stoplight where Magic Way meets Disneyland Dr. To walk to the parks continue on the sidewalk. To get to the trams make a right onto that cross walk go about 50 feet and make a right into the parking lots. Follow the hedge and make a right at the opeing to the tram loading.

It's not a bad hotel, but in reality you will want to use the quicker and more relaxing shuttle.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

I found this web site to be especially helpful. It contains a color-coded map so you can easily discern how far you'll have to walk for each hotel.

Accommodations near Disney | Find hotels adjacent to Disneyland Resort (Anaheim)

Good luck!

Comment

I think that map is a BIT silly... I stay at the hotels on Katella and Disneyland dr/west.. and you can easily walk from there...

but On Topic- I would NOT walk from your hotel! I have stayed ONCE on ball at the rodeway inn... big mistake. That walked SUCKED! So bad! It was awful to begin with (mostly because we were unfamiliar with the route but when we walked back at night it was even worse because we were so tired!

Comment

you CAN but I advise that you don't!

Comment

It's a reallly nice hotel, but if you've your heart set on walking, I'd get something on Harbor Blvd., right accross the street.
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

OK, daring to be the voice of dissent here... We stayed at the Sheraton Anaheim last month and walked to the parks every day. If you don't have any health or mobility concerns, it is totally doable. As stated by a pp, cross Ball at Disneyland Dr., stay on the east side of the street (i.e. stay on your side of the sidewalk, don't cross over toward Mickey & Friends), continue south until you get to the crosswalk at Magic Way. Now you have a choice: if you aren't liking the walk, cross the street and go into the parking lot, follow the walk way to the tram crossing -- take the tram if you'd like OR keep walking south until you reach the path to DtD (on your left, should be marked with a sign post) and follow the path to DtD (ends at the tram area). In very hot, humid weather, it took us (no strollers, no mobility problems) about 25 minutes. We might have been quicker if the weather had been cooler. At the end of the day, the walk was a nice way to decompress from all the activity of the day. (If you are too tired to walk all the way back at night, take the tram to M&F, then take Magic Way to Disneyland Dr., and go north to the hotel.) We try to walk whenever we can because more walking means another churro or another Dole Whip!

If you decide to take the Sheraton Anaheim shuttle, it is a nice convenience, drivers are friendly, and it runs on time. Have a great trip and lots of fun at the Halloween Party!

Comment

I don't see why not. Just wear comfortable shoes, and bring water. I walked from the Hilton Suites across the 5 freeway once, but then again, I'm used to walking/running.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayden View Post
                  I don't see why not. Just wear comfortable shoes, and bring water. I walked from the Hilton Suites across the 5 freeway once, but then again, I'm used to walking/running.
                  Is this Homewood Suites? Considering staying there. How far is it from the parks by foot?
                  WDW - 1987 & 1991
                  DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                  DLR - October 2011

Comment

Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post
                    Is this Homewood Suites? Considering staying there. How far is it from the parks by foot?
                    Homewood Suites by Hilton, is down near Chapman and Harbor, a couple miles from the park.

The Hilton Suites as mentioned is across I-5 and probably 2.5-3 miles away and roughly due east of the Homewood.

Originally posted by Jayden View Post
                    I'll tell you why not. If you are going to walk several miles and be on your feet much of the day while in the parks, how is the miles walk back to you bed going to feel? Possibly like a death march. Suggesting people walk from far away is far from universal usable advice.

The OP is going for two days, if they walk once and then try the shuttle, they most likely will choose to use the shuttle from then on.
                    Be Cool Stay in School!
                    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Every person is different. The walk from the gates to the hotel I usually stay at (The Alamo) is 15-25 minutes depending on excitement in the morning and exhaustion at night It is a doable walk if you are up for it. However, everyone is different so what is easier for me may be harder for some people. But I can say that I was able to do the walk there and back for 3 days on every trip without difficulty and the last trip I went I did it with a torn tendon in my knee. But again I will stress that the walk is not for everyone and for the OP it may turn out to be easier to use the shuttle or tram systems.
                      sigpic

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Comment

Yes you can. Walking at a fast pace is good for your heart. If it's too late at night to walk back, take a shuttle or taxi.
                        sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas View Post
                          Yes you can. Walking at a fast pace is good for your heart. If it's too late at night to walk back, take a shuttle or taxi.
                          you could just walk to the M&F parking structure and take the tram. thats about a 10-15 minute walk.
                          "Raiders Suck"
                          -Walt Disney

Comment

Thanks for all the advice. I'll probably do both while I'm there--walk and shuttle and see how it goes. Looking forward to a couple days in the Parks! Thanks.

Comment

We've stayed at this Sheraton a few times and had two issues:

-wifi did not reach every hotel room, including ours. The last time we stayed there, the front desk refunded the fee and we had to sit in the lobby with the laptop to check email.

-Parking is limited, especially on weekends when they have catered functions (weddings, etc.) in their meeting space and ballrooms. Don't be surprised if there is literally not one space available at 8 pm on a Saturday night. On the same trip as the wifi incident, we made a space by the main entrance; explained to to security there were no open spaces available; and the front desk manager refunded the parking fee for the night.
                              sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X