This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Breakfast

Is there anywhere in Disneyland/DCA where we could find tasty breakfast? When we get there we will have been in the car for about 6 or 7 hours and will be hungry. I do not like Ihop, and McDonalds breakfast makes me feel kind of sick...I'm thinking we may just go to Denny's? If there aren't really any good options, I may just bring along some bagels with us or something.

Also, we are only allowing ourselves a few meals and a few snacks in Disneyland. So if the breakfast offerings really aren't that great in the park, I probably won't want to waste one of our in park meal allowances on it. Any suggestions?
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

Re: Breakfast

For my money, tasty & Denny's do not belong in the same paragraph. There are a number of places to have breakfast in the parks. AllEars has the menus listed. Our favorite breakfast spot is the Carnation Cafe, preferably outside. The food has always been good. If you are lucky the Disneyland Marching band might pass by. If you are super lucky you might meet Oscar, legendary Disney Cast Member.
    Skiddley Whiffers is a cruel mistress; cold and unforgiving.

Comment

I prefer either Storytellers Cafe or Steakhouse 55 when eating breakfast on property.
      "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Carnation Cafe seconded. We ate there two mornings in a row on our last trip, we enjoy it so much.

Flo's looks like it's also worth trying, if you're starting your day in DCA.

Comment

Agree about looking over the menus for DL and DCA on allears.net. We like La Brea Bakery in Downtown Disney. There is a take out side with pastries, eggs, etc. and a sit down side. Outside of the parks, I would recommend Mimi's over Denny's. Mimi's has generous portions, so you could easily share your breakfasts and save on costs.

Comment

Last time I had breakfast at the parks, it was at the Pacific Wharf Cafe. I've had breakfast at both the Riverbelle Terrace and Carnation Cafe, but I'd have to say that Pacific Wharf Terrace was more enjoyable. I had a croissant sandwich with egg, bacon, cheese, and fruit. I've had something very similar at Carnation Cafe, but it just wasn't as good to me as the one at Pacific Wharf. Plus, it was only about $6.

Comment

Carnation Cafe.
              Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

I like Whitewater Snacks in the GCH. Good food, large portions and priced well.

Comment

Originally posted by PascalGal View Post
                  Agree about looking over the menus for DL and DCA on allears.net. We like La Brea Bakery in Downtown Disney. There is a take out side with pastries, eggs, etc. and a sit down side. Outside of the parks, I would recommend Mimi's over Denny's. Mimi's has generous portions, so you could easily share your breakfasts and save on costs.
                  And Mimi's has the world's greatest bran muffins.
                  "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

We love Carnation Cafe. This weekend, we tried the Apple Granola pancakes. I don't care for granola, so I was leery. It was fantastic. I can't wait to go back next month!

Steakhouse 55 is also very good (in the DLH.) And we enjoy Storytellers. Let's not forget Flo's!
                    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

La Brea.
                      Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

For complete unhealthy decadence, grab a sack of beignets from Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen Express. Yummmm!
                        Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

Comment

If you like character dining there is breakfast at goofy's kitchen, adjacent to downtown disneyland in the disneyland hotel. You can meet a handful of disneycharacters, costumed and non-costumed, and you get the opportunity to interact and take pictures with them. I personally think it's a good start to a disney-filled day. In addition, it is buffet styled as well so you get the option to eat as much as you want including themed dishes!

Plaza Inn is also another location for character breakfast dining.

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                            I prefer either Storytellers Cafe or Steakhouse 55 when eating breakfast on property.
                            Storytellers is usually our go-to. Can't go wrong.

I was not aware that Steakhouse 55 does breakfast! How is it??

Comment

Carnation cafe, storytellers or goofy's kitchen! All really good food
                              BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Sounds like you are looking for "quick"...otherwise if you want an in park meal, go for one of the character breakfasts.

In my opinion, Le Brea has gone WAY downhill over the past two years for the price. We stumbled across Catel's breakfast one day and thought it was great and only literally a few dollars more than what amounts to counter service at Le Brea...plus you can sit on the balcony overlooking DTD. It is my new favorite.

Comment

Thank you for all of the help everyone! I'm not exactly looking for something quick, mostly just something that is decent for the price. I looked at allears and saw some of the prices in park, aaaand great Odin's raven! Breakfast isn't our favorite meal, so I think we'll pick something cheaper.

For us, I think we'll probably go to Mimi's cafe. I want to save our "splurge" meals in the park for lunch and dinner.
                                  * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

Comment

We had breakfast at Flo's V8 Cafe in Carsland a few weeks ago and it was quite enjoyable. The Tomorrowland restaurant is also good for breakfast in DL.

Comment

Originally posted by StarDustFairy View Post
                                      Thank you for all of the help everyone! I'm not exactly looking for something quick, mostly just something that is decent for the price. I looked at allears and saw some of the prices in park, aaaand great Odin's raven! Breakfast isn't our favorite meal, so I think we'll pick something cheaper.

For us, I think we'll probably go to Mimi's cafe. I want to save our "splurge" meals in the park for lunch and dinner.
                                      I think that if you go to Mimi's website you might find coupons (you may have to sign up for their email list first). Every little bit of savings is more you can use for a splurge!

Comment

If you can afford the time, I highly recommend the Original Pancake House on Lincoln Blvd.

It's not too far from the Resort Area.

Great Breakfast!

Here's a link: The Original Pancake House

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
                                        Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
                                        Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
                                        Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X