This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Incredibles Ride at Disneyland

So I was watching The Incredibles on tv and I was wondering why haven't Disney made a ride that's Incredible themed? They have Nemo, Toy Story, Bug's Land, Monsters Inc., and even a Cars land. So why haven't they put this in the works yet? I'd love to see this in the works. What about you?

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
    "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
    "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

Re: Incredibles Ride at Disneyland

If I recall correctly, there were rumors awhile back that the people mover would be changed into the incredipods (the pods on the tropical island). With the people mover now set to be removed, I guess that rumor was just a rumor.

Comment

I think mainly because they haven't had a land to drive the ride. Superheroes doesn't work in Adventureland, ToonTown, Fantasyland, New Orleans Square, Critter Country or Frontierland. Tomorrowland could accommodate a pod ride, but super-heroes don't tie in with the future, at all.
      Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

Originally posted by Chesire View Post
        super-heroes don't tie in with the future, at all.
        Marvel 2099 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

You could say that, but only if Tomorrowland changed courses.

Marvel 2009, takes place in a "cyberpunk dystopia", a future that centers around hackers, artificial intelligences, and computer science.

The current Tomorrowland focuses on robots and space, with a dab of innovation here and there.

I'm not saying Marvel 2099 couldn't work, I'm just saying it'd need more of a Tron flair.

I should have said "current Tomorrowland theme", instead of future, sorry for the confusion.
          Fear of the unknown.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

They actually have planned an Incredibles E-Ticket attraction @ DCA! They might still do it too. They put it on hold in favor of Cars Land.

List of Disney attractions that were never built - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
            Last edited by pushforth; 09-09-2012, 06:40 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

maybe .. someday ...

Comment

Are you trying to say that Tomorrowland has a unified theme? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Santoanderson View Post
                  Are you trying to say that Tomorrowland has a unified theme? Really?
                  Nope, never said that, but I can't think of one thing in Tomorrowland that relates to computer science, hackers, or anything else of the sorts.
                  Fear of the unknown.

Comment

I would swap an Incredibles attraction with the current Monsters Inc. attraction anyday. Especially if it was a combination of WWoHP's Expedition ride technology with real animatronics, not those fakey projections.

Comment

Originally posted by Dillamond View Post
                      I would swap an Incredibles attraction with the current Monsters Inc. attraction anyday. Especially if it was a combination of WWoHP's Expedition ride technology with real animatronics, not those fakey projections.
                      Just wondering, how would the Incredibles fit with California?
                      Fear of the unknown.

Comment

This thread begs the question that has been asked sooooo many times on this board...does every single feature film need a corresponding attraction in one of the parks?

Incredibles is one of my favorite Pixar films...but I don't necessarily need a ride/attraction for it...especially in DL where thematically it really would not fit anywhere IMO. It might work if shoe horned into DCA someplace, but really...just because you can do something, does that mean you should?

Comment

Just wondering, how would the Incredibles fit with California?
                          The same way Monsters Inc, Cars Land, WOC, and all the other non-california-y rides do! )

Comment

Originally posted by pushforth View Post
                            The same way Monsters Inc, Cars Land, WOC, and all the other non-california-y rides do! )
                            You could say that about Monsters Inc, but Cars Land and WOC are different stories.

Cars Land - Epitome of a "former glory ghost-town" you find everywhere in California, Arizona, New Mexico, etc. Even though it's not California specific - it's found in many spots of California.

WOC - Sure it may not fit the California theme, but shows/parades in Disney don't usually do. When have you ever seen an electrical parade going down a turn of the 20th century midwest town? Have you ever seen a mouse's imagination come to life on a southern river? I know I may sound hypocritical, but it's the truth.
                            Fear of the unknown.

Comment

You could say that about Monsters Inc, but Cars Land and WOC are different stories.

Cars Land - Epitome of a "former glory ghost-town" you find everywhere in California, Arizona, New Mexico, etc. Even though it's not California specific - it's found in many spots of California.

WOC - Sure it may not fit the California theme, but shows/parades in Disney don't usually do. When have you ever seen an electrical parade going down a turn of the 20th century midwest town? Have you ever seen a mouse's imagination come to life on a southern river? I know I may sound hypocritical, but it's the truth.
                              I think your explanation for how Cars Land fits in with California is right on the money. Using that logic, the Incredibles would fit just fine, because parts of the movie take place in a big city, and you can find big cities in California.

I like that DCA isn't tied down to just California-only stuff. Disney is seemingly making it their Pixar park. They should just rename it to PixarLand. :lol:

Comment

I think your explanation for how Cars Land fits in with California is right on the money. Using that logic, the Incredibles would fit just fine, because parts of the movie take place in a big city, and you can find big cities in California.
                                You can find big cities all over the world, you can only find the type of town Cars takes place in in 4 states of the United States, one of which includes California.
                                Fear of the unknown.

Comment

Nope, never said that, but I can't think of one thing in Tomorrowland that relates to computer science, hackers, or anything else of the sorts.
                                  Innoventions at one point contained some computer science. However, I don't think the Commodore 64 is relevant anymore.
                                  As has been said many times, past out of theme attractions are no excuse for additional theme violations. It is that kind of justification that will soon be bringing us Princesses on Main Street U.S.A.
                                  "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
                                    This thread begs the question that has been asked sooooo many times on this board...does every single feature film need a corresponding attraction in one of the parks?

Incredibles is one of my favorite Pixar films...but I don't necessarily need a ride/attraction for it...especially in DL where thematically it really would not fit anywhere IMO. It might work if shoe horned into DCA someplace, but really...just because you can do something, does that mean you should?
                                    Excellent post!

Comment

Fairly certain Metroville is located on the west coast so it probably would be California, possibly an LA stand-in. Incredibles wouldn't mesh as well with Tomorrowland anyway, even with it's retrofuturism. It's set in an alternate late 60s-early 70s if they actually started getting more of that technology the sci-fi of the time was forecasting.
                                      M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
                                      sigpic
                                      Flickr

Comment

If they were the best spot would be along the old people mover tracks
                                        Dave

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X