Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Character Dining @ Goofy's Kitchen for Breakfast - Worth it?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Character Dining @ Goofy's Kitchen for Breakfast - Worth it?

So I was able to get in at the Disneyland Hotel (Had some problems with that at first.. see my other thread http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...el-booked.html).:thumbup:

I am looking into doing Breakfast @ Goofy's Kitchen and wanted to get feedback on food quality, and the overall "Character" experience. Does Goofy simply "table surf"? Can we pose for photos?

Thanks!

Re: Character Dining @ Goofy's Kitchen for Breakfast - Worth it?

Goofy has a meet and greet location in front of the restaurant with a photopass castmember to take photos. You will also be given the opportunity to purchase the photo. and there are characters that greet each table during dining. There are fully costumed characters and non-costumed characters that greet the tables, and who you meet is random.

I personally think the food is nice! It's themed with mickey mouse waffles and it is a buffet style. You can google goofy's kitchen to see the food choices. I personally think it is an all around good experience because you get to meet characters and eat in a themed restaurant =) A great start to a disneyland day!

Comment

I've been to 3 different character breakfasts around the resort and I thought that Goofy's Kitchen was the best but it is pricey (a relative term). Character appearances were generous and fun. As for the food, It's generally pretty good but my rule of thumb for breakfast buffets, at these prices, somebody is going to work - find the omelette guy and have him whip you up something special.
      Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

Comment

It's been a while since I have done that particular character breakfast but the few times we have done it I have found it to be one of the better ones at the resort. The characters do interact well and yes you have ample time to take photos while they are at your table.

Comment

Originally posted by 0vivathevida0 View Post
          Goofy has a meet and greet location in front of the restaurant with a photopass castmember to take photos. You will also be given the opportunity to purchase the photo. and there are characters that greet each table during dining. There are fully costumed characters and non-costumed characters that greet the tables, and who you meet is random.

I personally think the food is nice! It's themed with mickey mouse waffles and it is a buffet style. You can google goofy's kitchen to see the food choices. I personally think it is an all around good experience because you get to meet characters and eat in a themed restaurant =) A great start to a disneyland day!
          Oh wow! I didn't realize it included other characters than just Goofy! That's pretty awesome :thumbup:

Ok. I'll make a reservation. You all talked me into it

Comment

If you are on a mutli day trip and food budget is not a driving factor...or even if it is and you can afford only one or two table service meals...Goofy's Kitchen is a must do in my opinion!...that and Blue Bayou have the best Disney immersion factor in my book.

There may be better and cheaper food elsewhere, but a Disney vacation is all about the experience!

Comment

Its great and has fun interaction oportunities and for me the best food of the character breakfasts! Well worth it in my opinion
              BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

i was there this morning for a sunday 'brunch' with my wife. it was indeed a bit pricy, about $60 for the both of us including gratuity.

aside from the price, it was an overall great experience. we were able to make reservations less than 24 hours before our visit. though there were a few empty tables when we were dining (8:30am), by the time we were done, there was a line to check in. we could have probably walked in at that time if we didn't make reservations, but better safe than sorry.

the food was very goofy. after all, it is his kitchen. there was the usual faire for breakfast: bacon, eggs, oatmeal, cereal. there were also different ways they presented and prepared the eggs, potatoes, waffles, pancakes, etc.

a few of the goofy items: mac and cheese pizza, peanut butter and jelly pizza, bbq chicken pizza (not really goofy), fruit pizza. notice a trend? the dessert island/section was great. worms in dirt (gummy worms in crushed oreo and chocolate pudding), raspberry cheesecake, assorted muffins, croissants, soft serve ice cream, and a number of others i can't quite recall.

for the characters that came by, goofy(in chef's attire) as mentioned earlier has his own station near the check in area where you can take photos with him. folks that came by our table were geppetto, dale (in an apron) and pluto(in an apron). geppetto even sat down with my wife to have a ' conversation ' with her while i was gone getting more grub. others i saw roaming that did not make it to our table (since we were already leaving) were rafiki and belle in her light blue country outfit (not often in the park since she is mostly in her yellow gown).

overall as i mentioned, it was a great experience. worth it for the hour we 'detached' from the real world and enjoy goofy's sillyness. will we come back? for sure! the next time though, we'll take our two year old boy with us. this first time was for the parents to 'scope' things out and to make sure everything is 'ok'. it is truly 'dining with character'!

here are a few photos:

Comment

wow thanks litoljon! a mini trip report! PBJ Pizza? haha - that's awesome!

So looking forward to it now!! And getting hungry :lol:

Comment

Goofy's Kitchen is so worth it! I love the food there and there are many characters that come up to you and yes, you can take pictures with them. I love Goofy's Kitchen

---------- Post added 09-09-2012 at 10:41 PM ----------

Originally posted by litoljon View Post
                    i was there this morning for a sunday 'brunch' with my wife. it was indeed a bit pricy, about $60 for the both of us including gratuity.

aside from the price, it was an overall great experience. we were able to make reservations less than 24 hours before our visit. though there were a few empty tables when we were dining (8:30am), by the time we were done, there was a line to check in. we could have probably walked in at that time if we didn't make reservations, but better safe than sorry.

the food was very goofy. after all, it is his kitchen. there was the usual faire for breakfast: bacon, eggs, oatmeal, cereal. there were also different ways they presented and prepared the eggs, potatoes, waffles, pancakes, etc.

a few of the goofy items: mac and cheese pizza, peanut butter and jelly pizza, bbq chicken pizza (not really goofy), fruit pizza. notice a trend? the dessert island/section was great. worms in dirt (gummy worms in crushed oreo and chocolate pudding), raspberry cheesecake, assorted muffins, croissants, soft serve ice cream, and a number of others i can't quite recall.

for the characters that came by, goofy(in chef's attire) as mentioned earlier has his own station near the check in area where you can take photos with him. folks that came by our table were geppetto, dale (in an apron) and pluto(in an apron). geppetto even sat down with my wife to have a ' conversation ' with her while i was gone getting more grub. others i saw roaming that did not make it to our table (since we were already leaving) were rafiki and belle in her light blue country outfit (not often in the park since she is mostly in her yellow gown).

overall as i mentioned, it was a great experience. worth it for the hour we 'detached' from the real world and enjoy goofy's sillyness. will we come back? for sure! the next time though, we'll take our two year old boy with us. this first time was for the parents to 'scope' things out and to make sure everything is 'ok'. it is truly 'dining with character'!

here are a few photos:

You made me hungry now.

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
                    "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
                    "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

Comment

Did dinner twice at Goofy's Kitchen last year. I would certainly recommend and although a little expensive, the price also included drinks (non-alcoholic) and tip. The service was excellent and the characters plentiful and well performed.

We saw - Goofy, Chip, Dale, Pluto, Minnie (all in kitchen attire), Snow White, Aladdin, Belle (in blue) and Brer Fox
                      WDW - 1987 & 1991
                      DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                      DLR - October 2011

Comment

The price includes a tip?? How does that work?? I'm not supposed to leave anything extra?

Comment

Originally posted by pushforth View Post
                          The price includes a tip?? How does that work?? I'm not supposed to leave anything extra?
                          Nope. The advertised price has sales tax and gratuity percentage added to it... and there is nothing you can do about it!!!!

On my first visit, I queried the difference in price (you pay as you enter) and felt slightly irritated that the tip was added in advance. However, the service was absolutely top rate and so I soon forgot about it. It also means that you have the luxury of just getting up and leaving when you are done.
                          WDW - 1987 & 1991
                          DLR - October 2011

Comment

I have a general question about Goofy's Kitchen and this seems like a good place to ask. We're thinking of going to Goofy's Kitchen for dinner as a kick off to our weeklong stay at DLR. The plan is to go to dinner our first night there to get our four year old even more excited about his first trip, then head to the parks the following days.

My question is how far in advance should I call for reservations? It's dinner on Saturday, November 3 for a group of 10-12 people. Thanks for all your help!

Comment

Originally posted by UTKingsFan View Post
                              I have a general question about Goofy's Kitchen and this seems like a good place to ask. We're thinking of going to Goofy's Kitchen for dinner as a kick off to our weeklong stay at DLR. The plan is to go to dinner our first night there to get our four year old even more excited about his first trip, then head to the parks the following days.

My question is how far in advance should I call for reservations? It's dinner on Saturday, November 3 for a group of 10-12 people. Thanks for all your help!
                              Big group. I would suggest a few weeks. We did not make a reservation and only had to wait half an hour - but there was only three of us. Excellent idea by the way - Goofy's Kitchen would be a wonderful start to a DL trip.
                              WDW - 1987 & 1991
                              DLR - October 2011

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X