Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hollywood Studios NEEDS Armageddon!!!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hollywood Studios NEEDS Armageddon!!!

    The Hollywood Pictures Backlot is too kid friendly today. It needs an exciting attraction, the only exciting attraction it contains is Tower of Terror. I think they need to bring the Armageddon Special Effects attraction from Walt Disney Studios Paris. Lights Moueters Action! came to Disney-MGM Studios and it was a huge sucess. I think they can bring Armageddon to DCA and it could be a great asset to HPB, more choice for the adults that visit the land. It can go in the WWTBAM building, I think it would fit perfectly. What do you guys think?
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE
    __________________________________________________________

  • #2
    Re: Hollywood Studios NEEDS Armageddon!!!

    Originally posted by DL_CRAZE
    The Hollywood Pictures Backlot is too kid friendly today. It needs an exciting attraction, the only exciting attraction it contains is Tower of Terror. I think they need to bring the Armageddon Special Effects attraction from Walt Disney Studios Paris. Lights Moueters Action! came to Disney-MGM Studios and it was a huge sucess. I think they can bring Armageddon to DCA and it could be a great asset to HPB, more choice for the adults that visit the land. It can go in the WWTBAM building, I think it would fit perfectly. What do you guys think?
    I still think it was a horrible mistake to make monsters inc when they could of torn down the millionaire building and the SSL building and made a RRC.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Hollywood Studios NEEDS Armageddon!!!

      I think a Rock'n'Roller Coaster would have been a worse mistake.

      I mean, even if you hate Screamin' and you think they should burn it to the ground (if it WERE really wood=P), and even though RnRC actually tells a story and is more a "Disney" ride, I don't think the two could ever coexist. Too many elements are similar between the two and it wouldn't be a unique enough experience between them. I would rather see something else go in that size of real estate.

      Just to pre-empt someone responding with this, I consider Tower of Terror and Maliboomer being both drastically functionally and by experience worlds apart, and not just because one is in a building and has a story, but for other reasons as well.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Hollywood Studios NEEDS Armageddon!!!

        Originally posted by Twist_of_Fate
        I think a Rock'n'Roller Coaster would have been a worse mistake.

        I mean, even if you hate Screamin' and you think they should burn it to the ground (if it WERE really wood=P), and even though RnRC actually tells a story and is more a "Disney" ride, I don't think the two could ever coexist. Too many elements are similar between the two and it wouldn't be a unique enough experience between them. I would rather see something else go in that size of real estate.

        Just to pre-empt someone responding with this, I consider Tower of Terror and Maliboomer being both drastically functionally and by experience worlds apart, and not just because one is in a building and has a story, but for other reasons as well.
        Well seeing it as that then I would of rather they made a pirates of the caribbean type ride but that might go over better in the wharf area. Speaking of which will we ever get a ride of that quality in DCA, I doubt it and that is what makes everyone including me think DCA is a failure, not because it cant be a success, but because Disney makes it a failure due to their cheapness. They have all the power and money in the world to make DCA even better the DL but they choose not to. Disneysea is a good example of this, with enough money things can be great and that simply is not what Disney believes anymore. The oriental company knows what it takes and maybe Disney should follow their example.
        Last edited by Disneyfreak; 01-05-2006, 04:19 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Hollywood Studios NEEDS Armageddon!!!

          Originally posted by Disneyfreak
          I still think it was a horrible mistake to make monsters inc when they could of torn down the millionaire building and the SSL building and made a RRC.
          Although I don't think RRC should go there (thematically it doesn't work), there's
          still room since there's that food place across that street that's closed. Taking that
          down should give enough room for a E-ticket class attraction.

          Personally, I would like to see a unique ride/attraction.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Hollywood Studios NEEDS Armageddon!!!

            Isn't Armageddon a sort of failure in WDSP? I heard it's okay, but not to be cloned in another park.

            And I agree I wouldn't want RNRC to come to DCA. Get something new. At least Monsters, INC ride is something new and can only be experienced in DCA. That was a mistake with bringing Soarin' to EPCOT.

            "You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

            "With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
            -Jurassic Park

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Hollywood Studios NEEDS Armageddon!!!

              I never want to see Rock-N-Roller Coaster at the Disneyland Resort. I've been on it at WDW and sure, it was a fun ride.. but in my opinion it is waaay too over-hyped not to mention if Rock It Mountain is what the rumors say - we already more of less have RNRC - its just waiting inside of Space Mountain.

              I'd rather see something better, something exciting and intriguing for the whole family - something family-friendly like Monsters Inc, even, but on a much larger, grander E-Ticket scale.

              Also, I'm just really getting tired of all the clones. Monsters is a step in the right direction in this department but the last thing DCA needs is another clone.

              As for Armageddon - I thought this attraction has gotten mediocre reviews, if that. From what I understand its a weak re-do of Backdraft from Universal Studios. Isn't it based on the Disney movie Armageddon? Does anybody even truly remember that movie anyway? Meh.

              Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Hollywood Studios NEEDS Armageddon!!!

                I love how people always say "DCA has Screamin' and that has a launch so you can't put in RnRC".

                So in that same rationale you shouldn't have:
                • IASW and Pirates in the same park, they are both boat rides
                • Matterhorn, Space Mtn, and Big Thunder in the same park, they are all coasters with lift hills.
                • Mr. Toad, Alice, Pinnochio and Snow White in the same park, they all use pretty much the same ride system
                Personally I don't think Armageddon would fit there. If anything Philharmagic should go there although I do think DCA has enough movie attractions. I could see Hollywood Studios becoming the Fantasyland of DCA and adding dark rides in the Millionairre and Hollywood and Dine buildings.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Hollywood Studios NEEDS Armageddon!!!

                  Originally posted by filmfreak11
                  Isn't Armageddon a sort of failure in WDSP? I heard it's okay, but not to be cloned in another park.
                  I have been on "Armageddon" at WDSP and can tell you (and this is only my opinion..) that it was a waste of time. The whole show concept feels like something you can see at Universal.. think "Backdraft", where guests watch a presentation in regards to special effects and then walk over to the main show theater (standing room only there, no seats) to see the main set go kaputs! Problem is... It all looked very fake. One good special effect was the decompression hole, where you see the smoke in the stage being sucked out of the theater...
                  I would not mind seeing the show cloned to another park... MGM or DCA but it needs major technical changes and higher budgets. Personally, I found Universal Orlando's "Twister" show to be more convincing and scary than 'Armageddon'.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Hollywood Studios NEEDS Armageddon!!!

                    How about something ORIGINAL rather than a movie-based or a clone? How about something based on HOLLYWOOD! That is, after all, what the district is called.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Hollywood Studios NEEDS Armageddon!!!

                      Originally posted by sir clinksalot
                      I love how people always say "DCA has Screamin' and that has a launch so you can't put in RnRC".

                      So in that same rationale you shouldn't have:
                      • IASW and Pirates in the same park, they are both boat rides
                      • Matterhorn, Space Mtn, and Big Thunder in the same park, they are all coasters with lift hills.
                      • Mr. Toad, Alice, Pinnochio and Snow White in the same park, they all use pretty much the same ride system
                      Personally I don't think Armageddon would fit there. If anything Philharmagic should go there although I do think DCA has enough movie attractions. I could see Hollywood Studios becoming the Fantasyland of DCA and adding dark rides in the Millionairre and Hollywood and Dine buildings.
                      I addressed all of this in my post. I didn't cite the only reason for not having Screamin' and RnRC as the launches, but I feel the rides are way too similar, in vehicle, ride type, and function. RnRC would be like an overglorified SSL minus Drew Carey if it didn't launch...

                      Your examples, while true for vehicles/ride systems, rule out the drastic differences in experience and ideas for the ones you mention. Matterhorn still does make you feel like you are actually in a bobsled, Big Thunder feels like a runaway train with two to a row seating (sometimes more than that from a video I've seen), and Space is in the dark with a similar seating configuration and music as part of the ride. Pirates of the Caribbean has the drops so it becomes more of a thrill/immersive ride whereas IASW is more of a tame ride and part of it is outside of the building. Mr. Toad is an "exciting" version of the other dark rides, Alice is the only one that goes outside besides Pooh, Pinocchio has more going on, and Snow White is pretty frightening in terms of a dark ride. Sure, the ride systems are similar, but the experience, either through story or how the ride functions, is different.

                      RnRC and Screamin' are too similar without being different enough. Both have the same seating type, minus the vehicle styles, both launch (One faster than the other), both have inversions, and both have on-ride music. Screamin' is longer and has a lift hill. RnRC has 2 more inversions, a better queue, it's indoors, and a better story, so the difference in experience is arguable, but my point is for the money that RnRC would cost, I'd rather they save it and apply it to something better.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Hollywood Studios NEEDS Armageddon!!!

                        I think just a general "Studio Special FX Tour" would be pretty awesome. Have it incorporate some small sets from famous movies, some that would come alive and seem to drastically go wrong or random action (Armegeddon, Pirates of the Caribbean, Peal Harbor, etc.). They can also show how they do tricks, film, etc. The queue can be full of different kinds of movie props and the works. I definately think something like this would fit perfectly in the new "Hollywood Studios" theme they have now...
                        BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
                        I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

                        Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Hollywood Studios NEEDS Armageddon!!!

                          Originally posted by DLResident
                          How about something ORIGINAL rather than a movie-based or a clone? How about something based on HOLLYWOOD! That is, after all, what the district is called.

                          Word to newcomers: beware of advocating the cloning of attractions on MiceChat... it can only lead to mean spirited arguments LOL.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Hollywood Studios NEEDS Armageddon!!!

                            Twist of Fate, I see your point. But I think the differences between Screamin and RnRC are big enough to not discount it for being "too similar".

                            But I do see your point.

                            I would like to see something original in the park, but I'm afraid any other coaster type ride is going to be shunned by most people here.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Hollywood Studios NEEDS Armageddon!!!

                              I think that where Terminator is they should put a War of the Worlds show there, Have the robots from the movie come out of the sides like the terminators and have them blow up everything and have live actors on stage from the film, I think that would attract a lot of people. Terminator has been there too long like Backdraft.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X