This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Oswald Merchandise (Including the hats) coming to the park

Sorry if this is a repost. Did not find it under the Disneyland thread.

Disney Blog is reporting the Oswald Merchandise is coming to the park.

I know they were selling some shirts and plushes already, but this time they are including the hats they gave out at E3.

Looks like it's coming late Oct/early Nov

More info here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	olr103199SMALL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	7369707

Name:	olr220319SMALL.jpg
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	7369708

Name:	olr330313SMALL.jpg
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	7369709

Name:	olr444019SMALL.jpg
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	7369710
    Last edited by 14 MPH; 09-10-2012, 12:58 PM.

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
    Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
    Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
    Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

Re: Oswald Merchandise (Including the hats) coming to the park

That vinyl actually looks really nice. I'm looking forward to that collection. The ears are great news for park-goers. Plenty of people asked me where I got my pair and I can tell the new ears are going to be a hit.

Comment

Yay for the Oswald T-shirt!
      "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Finally!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Rent-A-Cops-ebook/dp/B00CGP2Y8S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367081996&sr=8-1&keywords=rentacops

Comment

I think Oswald is my new favorite character.
          DisneyTwins
          Since May 2003

Comment

Where are the Oswald pins available? I'm assuming they are sold only in DCA. Has anyone seen them in specific shops? I only saw the open edition pin at Off the Page.

Comment

I'm excited to get some oswald pins
              sigpic

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Comment

I just want a normal smaller Plush of him, the one they have now is made differently and too big (and costs over 20 bucks)
                Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Yes! The ears look great.

Comment

I knew that the hats would come eventually with such a vocal and obvious demand for them. I've never purchased any hats at the resort, but I'm a sucker for plush and will probably buy one of those stuffed animals.

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                      I just want a normal smaller Plush of him, the one they have now is made differently and too big (and costs over 20 bucks)
                      Disneystore.com had small, bean bag Oswalds -- 2 for $15. But, yes, it would be nice if the DLR stores carried Oswald in smaller sizes, not just the large one.

Comment

Now if only they had Oswald walk around characters, new Oswald shorts, and more merch I would be happy... Oh and they should get rid of the ugly merch in the window displays and sell the awesome books and Buena Vista street jerseys.
                        Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Comment

No thank you.
                          "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                            No thank you.
                            Out of curiosity, why not? Do you not like the character or just the merchandise that's offered?

Comment

I was surprised with the lack of Oswald merch when I was at the parks over Labor Day weekend, but glad to hear that they'll be bringing more options to the parks. Like others, I've wanted an Oswald plush, but in the usual plush materials. The one that they have is nice and a step in the right direction when it comes to unique merch, but I'd also like to see a "normal" plush as well.

Really hope they have an Oswald walk around character sometime soon too.

Comment

Originally posted by ohmyjustin View Post
                                Out of curiosity, why not? Do you not like the character or just the merchandise that's offered?
                                Oswald represents a negative in Walt's life. He lost the rights to his own original character. He moved on and created something better. Suddenly Disney reacquires the rights to him and then tries to milk it for all it's worth. They add him to video games and are now coming up with minor trinkets like coffee mugs and t-shirts to try to squeeze every last dollar off of a character that is nothing more than a minor footnote in history. Bringing back characters from obscurity to sell t-shirts is very similar to making up a story about a main character's teddy bear to sell stuffed animals and the clothing to go with it.
                                "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

They had a few Oswald t-shirts and sweatshirts at our local Target, I was shocked!
                                  They also had other characters but the Oswald stuff was really great to see. Can't wait for it to be in the parks
                                  sigpic

Comment

Oswald represents a negative in Walt's life. He lost the rights to his own original character. He moved on and created something better. Suddenly Disney reacquires the rights to him and then tries to milk it for all it's worth. They add him to video games and are now coming up with minor trinkets like coffee mugs and t-shirts to try to squeeze every last dollar off of a character that is nothing more than a minor footnote in history. Bringing back characters from obscurity to sell t-shirts is very similar to making up a story about a main character's teddy bear to sell stuffed animals and the clothing to go with it.
                                    I'm no Duffy fan . . . but I kinda like Oswald. Yes, the story of how Walt lost Oswald was upsetting to Walt, but I'm not sure that Oswald symbolizes this disappointment. Walt was friends with Walter Lantz, who produced some Oswald shorts under Universal, so I think Walt was more anti-New York businessmen, who ran Universal at the time, than anti-Oswald, per se.

I think Oswald makes sense as DCA's mascot, as I think Epic Mickey sort of describes an alternate universe where Oswald became the Mickey Mouse. In a way, DCA could sort of be seen as an alternate universe Disneyland.

Anyway, I'm glad Disney bought the rights to Oswald, sort of like the company went back to rescue one of its own. Of course, the characters have been about making money, even Mickey Mouse, but the Oswald connection to fans is interesting as fans sort of demanded the Oswald ears, and here they come . . .

Comment

Originally posted by QueenBee View Post
                                      They had a few Oswald t-shirts and sweatshirts at our local Target, I was shocked!
                                      They also had other characters but the Oswald stuff was really great to see. Can't wait for it to be in the parks
                                      Your wait is over, go to DCA, Oswald has his own shop.

Comment

Well.....some of us wanted him back....I knew about him from doing research as a kid for school projects and wanted him in the parks and now he is which is only a good thing

Many people miss the old characters and if you watch the video's from Warren Spector he is a great guy and made Epic Mickey to make a good Disney game and went to great lengths to make it not just some crappy sell out game like many Movie/TV based games
                                        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X