Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is Germany represented in Small World?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] How is Germany represented in Small World?

How is Germany represented in It's a Small World? I know that there is a German safety spiel at the load area as one of the many foreign languages, but how is Germany represented in the ride itself?
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Re: How is Germany represented in Small World?

I believe Sylvania lights, the attraction sponsor is owned by a german company. This was originally an American company that split apart.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Not the greatest picture, but Germany is represented by a largely Bavarian display:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	sw-12.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	7344731

Comment

there is a bavarian display with two figures ringing bells.
        spunky likes to suck that 3rd nipple(why am I your sig line........freak)! - Posted by my good friend Samsma

Comment

Disney seems to have a bit of a habitual problem in not realizing that while Bavaria is in Germany, not all of Germany is in Bavaria.

Comment

Until the refit, Germany was represented more than the United States.
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Thats one of my favorite parts and the best part is the ride soundtrack that features yodeling the "small world" tune.I love to yodel along.
              I have always been impressed with the way they morph the music into styles and instrumentation of some of the cultures being represented throughout the ride.
              "...It's dead wore out I be...a might too fast these light footed wenches be, for the likes of an old swagbellied pirate such as I..."

"*click-click-click-click-click-click-click.......sploosh!!*"(Sir Didymus)

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                Disney seems to have a bit of a habitual problem in not realizing that while Bavaria is in Germany, not all of Germany is in Bavaria.
                I think the problem is they only have so much space. America isn't all cowboys and corn There's just not enough room to squeeze in everything that comes to mind when people think of a country
                "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                  Hmmm, this post makes me think, "what would a historically accurate version of Small World look like?". ...shudder...
                  L + L = R

Comment

Originally posted by ShelbyH View Post
                    Not the greatest picture, but Germany is represented by a largely Bavarian display:
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]23766[/ATTACH]
                    I thought that was Switzerland.

3. Splash Mountain
                    4. Mad Tea Party
                    5. Peter Pan's Flight

Comment

I always considered it representing Switzerland, too (my heritage). I think it may represent both.

Comment

Just wondering since we are on the topic of Germany. I am suprised they never built a park in Europe's largest economy. It seems Berlin would be a great place for a park
                        Dave

Comment

The bell ringers are wearing lederhosen. There are also 3 musicians near the area who could be German, Austrian, or Swiss. I do believe it's supposed to be Switzerland/Bavaria/Austria. There's not a lot of room for differentiated scenes.

Comment

Actually, Germany is represented by a 3-musician ''umpah-band'' seen playing just above the archway as you exit the continental Western Europe section and on into the Eastern European/Asian one. And, yes, the yodeler/ bell-ringers represent Switzerland...

Comment

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
                              Until the refit, Germany was represented more than the United States.
                              I've always felt that since the U.S. was the host, putting them in the show as well is redundant.

Comment

Originally posted by ttintagel View Post
                                I've always felt that since the U.S. was the host, putting them in the show as well is redundant.
                                Now it's a salute to all nations, but mostly America.
                                "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

I did too!

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
                                  "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
                                  "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

Comment

Originally posted by HMfanatic View Post
                                    Actually, Germany is represented by a 3-musician ''umpah-band'' seen playing just above the archway as you exit the continental Western Europe section and on into the Eastern European/Asian one. And, yes, the yodeler/ bell-ringers represent Switzerland...
                                    Yes, that is true.

3. Splash Mountain
                                    4. Mad Tea Party
                                    5. Peter Pan's Flight

Comment

I would say it is mostly Switzerland. Since Switzerland is one of the countries that lie on Italy's northern border this would make sense as it is the country you see right after leaving the Italy scene.

But then again for that matter, Austria also borders with Italy, so maybe it's Austria?

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                                        I would say it is mostly Switzerland. Since Switzerland is one of the countries that lie on Italy's northern border this would make sense as it is the country you see right after leaving the Italy scene.

But then again for that matter, Austria also borders with Italy, so maybe it's Austria?
                                        No, it's probably Switzerland, because you see and hear a yodeler.

3. Splash Mountain
                                        4. Mad Tea Party
                                        5. Peter Pan's Flight

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X